PDA

View Full Version : My newest R/T

Turbodave
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Found this one nearly in my backyard, less than 2 miles away. Guy wasn't an enthusiast or anything, but the car has 3" exhaust and magnecore wires on it, so somebody must have had some fun with it at one point in time. I got it for a good price and drove it home, motor sounds nice and car drives ok, just doesn't make any boost. I'll have to poke around more underhood and see what's up with that.

The paint is decent on the car, but it's got some pretty nasty rust on the rockers and front floorpans, but overall is structurally sound. The interior is ok other than a stain on the rear seat. Needs some suspension work and shifter bushings. Pretty much your average used and abused 136k mile R/T, but the price was right so I brought it home :D

So that puts me up to 5 91 Spirit R/T's right now, 2 without drivetrains, 1 with a drivetrain but no title (junkyard car), 1 that hasn't run in years, and this one that actually starts and moves under it's own power, making it the nicest one I've got...lol..

I'll probably fix a few things and turn it into a daily driver for a while, or sell it, or part it, or who knows...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/91_rt_feb_07.jpg

86GLHS
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Lucky s.o.b.. Well nice find

turbovanmanČ
03-01-2007, 10:57 PM
You suck Dave, you probably paid nothing for it, :( :p

D1A8J
03-02-2007, 12:06 AM
any good condition white grills for sale ???

BIG PSI
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Damn It DAVE,

Quit it now, I can't keep up with you.....

Nice car.

Chuck

DC Turismo
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Nice find Mr. Tekampe. I think I will have to keep calling you Mr. from here on out since you are a step above us all when it comes to TD ownership haha!

Vigo
03-02-2007, 12:35 AM
If i could find any ONE r/t with a complete drivetrain id buy it. as long as it was cheap. :P

looks good.

nomadman2001
03-02-2007, 12:50 AM
If i could find any ONE r/t with a complete drivetrain id buy it. as long as it was cheap. :P

looks good.

I don't even want ONE .... just a driveline :eyebrows:

Congrats

86GLHS
03-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Nice find Mr. Tekampe. I think I will have to keep calling you Mr. from here on out since you are a step above us all when it comes to TD ownership haha!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :nod: :amen:

dds78910
03-02-2007, 02:32 AM
In my best Napoleon Dinamite voice, "LUCKY"!!

2.216VTurbo
03-02-2007, 03:08 AM
Seriously, how could it be 2 miles away and you just happen upon it??? I live in a county that has 3,000,000 people and all their cars, if there is a DOHC car of interest 2 miles away I know about it:amen: Had you seen this one around town ever?

BadAssPerformance
03-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Nice find Dave! Is this the one that was at the shop around the corner?

Turbodave
03-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Seriously, how could it be 2 miles away and you just happen upon it??? I live in a county that has 3,000,000 people and all their cars, if there is a DOHC car of interest 2 miles away I know about it:amen: Had you seen this one around town ever?

I've seen it around town before, but never been able to talk to the owner, about a month ago I found out where he lived during one of my scouting missions through the low-rent neighborhood south of town. When I first spotted the car there wasn't anybody home so I couldn't get a phone # or anything, so I just put the car on my mental "watch list". Then I get a call Wednesday from a buddy telling me he just bought an R/T right down the road from me, and can he keep it at my place. I went with him to get the car and ended up giving him what he paid for it plus a little bit of a finders fee, so here it is...

JT, it's not the one right across the street from me, that guy wasn't interested in selling last I knew, and I made sure my phone# is on a card in his glove box in case he changes his mind ;)

There's still a few others one about 5 miles away that I see driving around occasionally, and another one I pass on the road sometimes when going to work. Lately Spirit R/T's have the most common turbo-mopar for me to see on the road in this area.

mpgmike
03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Although they seem common in your area, they really are still quite rare, and that is only getting worse. You had mentioned about parting it out, and I'm torn. Part of me says that if you part it out, mine will be worth that much more. Part of me says, they're entirely too rare to part out, There were way more 426 Hemi cars made than our R/T Lotus engined cars. The honest side of me would like to encourage you not to part it out. Nice fine, though.

Mike

raccoon
03-04-2007, 08:37 PM
very nice, I have yet to see a spirit R/T let alone have the chance to buy one =(

Turbodave
03-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Although they seem common in your area, they really are still quite rare, and that is only getting worse. You had mentioned about parting it out, and I'm torn. Part of me says that if you part it out, mine will be worth that much more. Part of me says, they're entirely too rare to part out, There were way more 426 Hemi cars made than our R/T Lotus engined cars. The honest side of me would like to encourage you not to part it out. Nice fine, though.

Mike

Mike, I know they are rare, but for some reason there are quite a few in my area anyhow, most of them are still being driven every day on top of it, quite amazing considering the TIII's reputation for reliability. The car I bought has reportedly made 3 trips from IL to Mexico and back within the last few years, that's pretty amazing itself.

The only reason I mentioned parting the car out initially was due to the rust on it, but upon further inspection it's not bad enough for me to give up on it. If I had decided to part it out, it would only be so I could have a good drivetrain for the rust-free R/T shell I've got sitting in the barn (it was someone else's parts car before I got it).

However, as a result of this thread I've been in contact with a previous owner of the car that is local and is interested in buying it back, so that is the most likely fate for this particular R/T.

Mario
04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Nice find. Still have it?

Turbodave
04-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Nice find. Still have it?

Nope, that car is long gone, sold it to Hemlock about a week after I got it. He lives near me and was a previous owner of the car so I know it's in good hands now.

However, the R/T at the body shop across the street from me is back again, so I know where I'm stopping on my way home ;)

BadAssPerformance
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I saw a couple you might be willing to part with last weekend... ;)

btw, I forgot to give you back your trailer spare!

Turbodave
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I saw a couple you might be willing to part with last weekend... ;)

btw, I forgot to give you back your trailer spare!

JT, I'll get the spare from you at the meeting next weekend if I don't see you sooner.

There's a nice pigment challenged, oxidationally enhanced, drivetrain deprived R/T providing sustanance and housing for a number of natures creatures in the field by my parents' place. I would be willing to part with this car and it's inhabitants for a fair price