PDA

View Full Version : 88 a555 teardown and rebuild

The S is Silent
01-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Can somebody scan or make copies of the FSM to take apart and put back together an 88 a555. I'm putting a chrome moly bearing plate, 3.50 fd, and an lsd into my a555 in the next couple of weeks, and need to know how to do it without screwing up the transmission.

I'll have somebody that knows their way around transmissions helping me out, but I would like the pages to go off of just to be safe. I don't want to mess up an a555 that has a total of ZERO miles on the rebuild.

mkessin(at)clemson(dot)edu

Somebody please help me out.

deuce dodge
03-04-2006, 08:20 AM
go to local library and they have some online car service.like auto dat..

is free

deuce

Bandit
03-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Hi!

I was facing the same problem when tearing down my A555 to replace the bad synchros. I went to the local Chrysler dealer and asked them to copy the pages from the factory service manual (Haynes or Chilton books ignore the manuals). Of course this cost me some money because the dealers here are a ripoff but at least I got the pages. Sadly I don't have a scanner but you could also try your local dealer for them.

The S is Silent
03-14-2006, 10:44 AM
The local dealer said they only have the current books, so that didn't work. I ended up paying the money to send it to Cliff...that way I KNOW it gets done right.

Thanks though.