PDA

View Full Version : MP SBEC ATX & MTX / 1990/91 / 2.5 liter / 8valve / 2-3bar / all inj - Collection

ShelGame
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Here are my SBEC base cals. Basically the same as the SMEC 2.5 T1 cals, except that CE Flash and switchable boost DO NOT WORK in these. There don't seem to be any ill effects from the code mods. It's just the way I read the switch state obviously isn't right. I do plan to fix it someday, it's just low on the priority list.

These are based on the '90/91 MP ATX and MTX cals.

These have the charge temp sensor enabled (can be dis-abled).

ShelGame
05-31-2007, 09:10 AM
These updates fix the CE Flash (Thanks to TurboJerry for finding the error for me). The Switchable boost option should also be working - as far as I can tell. If it still does not work, please let me know. I have no way to test SEBC cals at the present time.

Darkapollo
06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I loaded the 90 MTX, +40, 3bar onto a chip today and I cant seem to get it to run. IE the car wont catch a spark. I cant load it into ChEM either.

Ken F
06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I thought I had successfully burnt a chip, but the car wouldn't start. It just wound my tach around until it hit the stop. I don't know if my board was successfully socketed either tho. Maybe I broke a trace? I could really use some help burning to these 87c257 because I don't know which settings I should be using. I have the Willem Enhanced programmer. Anybody help me out?

cordes
06-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I thought I had successfully burnt a chip, but the car wouldn't start. It just wound my tach around until it hit the stop. I don't know if my board was successfully socketed either tho. Maybe I broke a trace? I could really use some help burning to these 87c257 because I don't know which settings I should be using. I have the Willem Enhanced programmer. Anybody help me out?

I most certainly can...

http://www.omniglht.com/sbec.html

Ken F
06-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I most certainly can...

http://www.omniglht.com/sbec.html

Thanks, it turned out I was using those settings and I just checked my chip and it looks like it burnt OK. I will make a new thread in the Parts Wanted section for a working socketed SBEC. I have another I could try on, but I'd rather just pay someone to do it for me. I am sure I would bust another trace, I don't have the patience for work that involves much finesse.

iTurbo
06-10-2007, 04:41 PM
My Shelby Lancer is getting an SBEC harness from a '91 GTC. The SL is still 2.2L TII, but I will be running it on a '90 2.5L TI/MTX Caravan SBEC since that is all I have at the moment. Is there a 2.2L TII SBEC cal around?

EDIT: nevermind, I found it!

starman
08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
This is working!!! thanks Rob, i try this yesterday and the CE Flash on knock is working now, I will try the switchable boost option and get back to you.

starman
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
I try the switchable boost option and is not working, always the same boost.

Can you do a copy & paste (i know is more complicated) the boost control routine from the mexican 91T2Man_Mex.BIN (erick_gzz and I posted on D-Cal) to one of yours calibrations ?

The mexican calibration control boost without any restrictor on the solenoids. Here is the vacuum diagram:

http://dpcmx.net/img/vacios-sohc91_lowres.jpg

ShelGame
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I try the switchable boost option and is not working, always the same boost.

Can you do a copy & paste (i know is more complicated) the boost control routine from the mexican 91T2Man_Mex.BIN (erick_gzz and I posted on D-Cal) to one of yours calibrations ?

The mexican calibration control boost without any restrictor on the solenoids. Here is the vacuum diagram:

I can't simply cut/paste the routine. They're different sizes, variable locations would be different, etc. But, it's on my list of things to do to dis-assemble to Mex cals. Once I get that done, I should be able to incorporate the Mex boost control into the other cals. Of course, once I get the Mex cals dis-assembeld, you probablt can do a custom cal based on that instead of the US versions.

I can't test it myself (anymore), but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. How did you setup each of the boost tables? Which switch are you using?

starman
09-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I can't simply cut/paste the routine. They're different sizes, variable locations would be different, etc. But, it's on my list of things to do to dis-assemble to Mex cals. Once I get that done, I should be able to incorporate the Mex boost control into the other cals. Of course, once I get the Mex cals dis-assembeld, you probablt can do a custom cal based on that instead of the US versions.

A custom cal based on Mex will be excelent!!

I can't test it myself (anymore), but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. How did you setup each of the boost tables? Which switch are you using?

The boost tables: BoostAllowedFromChargeTemp?, BoostAllowedFromCoolantTemp, BoostAllowedFromRPMHigh, BoostAllowedFromSpeed, BoostAllowedFromTime are set to 20.16 psi.

The table: BoostAllowedFromRPMLow is set to 14.13 psi

I didn't touch the table BoostAllowedFromTPSVolts and is set to 12.92 psi

HighBoostSwitchPolarity is set to ON, the switch I'm using is for A/C

I'm controlling boost with a grainger valve because this is not working, but I prefeer to use ecu control :D

ShelGame
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I didn't touch the table BoostAllowedFromTPSVolts and is set to 12.92 psi

OK, this is the problem. The boost lookup code looks at all of the boost tables and uses the lowest value of all of them. The way the switchable boost works, I simply bypass the lo-boost table when the switch is set to high. Anyway, if the Boost vs. TPS table is set to 12.92psi, than that's all you'll ever get. You need to set this to the same as your hi-boost setting (20.16psi) and all should be good.

Also, I found possible problem using the A/C switch. Do you have A/C in the car? The input to the ECU doesn't actually come from that switch. It comes from the A/C clutch relay. If you've removed the A/C compressor, then this input will never be active. So, you need to tie 12V switched direct to the A/C clutch input wire on the 60-way. I guess that could be the A/C button. You may even be able to make a simple jumper on the old A/C compressor pigtail under the hood. I'm not 100% sure yet.

starman
09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, i have A/C in car and working, no matter how i set the A/C switch it always get 20 psi of boost.

ShelGame
09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
But, the TPS table is set to 12.9 psi? 20psi shouldn't be possible. You may have a plumbing/solenoid issue. The plumbing needs to be setup like the '90 T1 (complete with restrictor in place) to work properly.

starman
09-19-2007, 12:12 PM
But, the TPS table is set to 12.9 psi? 20psi shouldn't be possible. You may have a plumbing/solenoid issue. The plumbing needs to be setup like the '90 T1 (complete with restrictor in place) to work properly.

I have set the TPS table to 20.16psi and the same problem, maybe the problem is the size of my restrictor :(

ShelGame
09-19-2007, 01:50 PM
I have set the TPS table to 20.16psi and the same problem, maybe the problem is the size of my restrictor :(

Could be - if it's too small, the boost could go too high.

Also, you may have to work on the "WG Duty Cycle from Boost" table a little. I think (going from memory here) that the table only goes up to ~60% DC at 12psi or so. Up it to 80-90% at 18psi (works good for my setup); may need to be near 100% to get 20psi...

starman
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Rob,

Do you know at what address is the value to determine the target A/F ?