PDA

View Full Version : Crankcase evacuation parts

bn880
01-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Looking for an oil separator and large check valve to install on a 2.2 Turbo (27lbs boost).

Something like the kits from Moroso or Mr. gasket, but at the right price. :D
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=moroso+evacuation&x=0&y=0&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Also suggestions on other stock parts that may do the job are welcome.

Robert

grim
01-22-2006, 11:24 AM
i bought a check valve from a chevy truck that looks like the one in the second pic down at napa for like 20$ and u could pick up a nipple at a hardware store .

bn880
01-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Cool, yes I also got a reply on TD and apparently the Ford V8 check valve is even better. (larger passage)

I got it sorted now in terms of check valves, would be neat to find an oil separator, but it's not a must right now.

Regards

BIGBRUDDA
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I've been using a "homegrown" system for last year that works great. 6 inches of 3/4 tubing out of valve cover to standard PCV.(this raises the pcv above the oil level in valve cover at high RPM, which tends to get sucked in the motor when you back off),Run 3/8 tube from PCV valve to the power brake vac. fitting.
Get a 3/8 copper tee from plumbing supply house. solder 2 inches of copper tubing to tee side.Using a little silicone , press tee onto top of dipstick tube. Run 3/8 hose out of tee to "barf bottle".( I use a 500ml nalgene bottle, and vent that to the aircleaner housing). I install an "O"ring on dipstick (above the ripples) to make a good seal.You'll need to remove "Tee" to check oil level now, but it works very well.
The dipstick vents the crankcase of blowby at boost. The "snorkle" on the PCV moves it above the oil build up level at boost. The o ring keeps the front of the engine clean.:thumb:
Next time the valve cover is off check for oil return blockage(silicone worms). And seal the baffle on the back side of valve cover(prevents raw oil passage).

Clay
01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I've been using a "homegrown" system for last year that works great. 6 inches of 3/4 tubing out of valve cover to standard PCV.(this raises the pcv above the oil level in valve cover at high RPM, which tends to get sucked in the motor when you back off),Run 3/8 tube from PCV valve to the power brake vac. fitting.
Get a 3/8 copper tee from plumbing supply house. solder 2 inches of copper tubing to tee side.Using a little silicone , press tee onto top of dipstick tube. Run 3/8 hose out of tee to "barf bottle".( I use a 500ml nalgene bottle, and vent that to the aircleaner housing). I install an "O"ring on dipstick (above the ripples) to make a good seal.You'll need to remove "Tee" to check oil level now, but it works very well.
The dipstick vents the crankcase of blowby at boost. The "snorkle" on the PCV moves it above the oil build up level at boost. The o ring keeps the front of the engine clean.:thumb:
Next time the valve cover is off check for oil return blockage(silicone worms). And seal the baffle on the back side of valve cover(prevents raw oil passage).

Definatley need pics!! :eyebrows:

ssheen
01-25-2006, 04:20 PM
I will second the Pics request! :D

LeGweg
01-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I have the Moroso check valve and weld-in nipple (big 30 bucks here...) and 4 or 5 foot of 5/8 (or 3/4, can't remember) heater hose.