PDA

View Full Version : SDAC Utah???

86GLHS
02-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Is there a Utah SDAC chapter? Or one rather close to Utah?

BadAssPerformance
02-27-2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.sdac.org/info/chapters.htm

Closest is probably Phoenix, so pretty far from you. I am sure that you could find enough people around you to organize a chapter tho! :thumb:

86GLHS
02-27-2007, 02:47 AM
What all would I have to do to start one and keep it going? Whats the requirements to be in and all that good stuff?

BadAssPerformance
02-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Not too much too it except finding people interested in getting out to get together as a club as opposed to typing at a keyboard!

I forget the minimum number of members, but I would shoot for a dozen. Chapter founding members would need to be (or become) SDAC National members. Once you find people, the next step is to get organized, plan the first get together, then a second one, then eventually have regular meetings/gatherings, maybe a website, newsletter, collectibles, etc. :thumb:

SDAC Guy, Barry Goodall can give you more info if needed cuz I might have missed something, its late!

sdac guy
02-27-2007, 05:46 AM
JT has covered the basics fairly well in his post.

There are two main reasons for a chapter. The first and foremost is to allow the local folks in an area to get together as a club under the banner of a national club with any and all benefits that may bring.

The second is to support the national club. If the folks in a chapter don't join the national club, then they are merely using the name and benefit of the club without returning anything to it.

So interest in a local chapter goes hand in hand with interest in the national club.

As far as establishing new chapters, we do not follow the 'field of dreams' mentality of 'if we build it they will come'. We go by 'show us your interest and we will build it'. :D

If you want more specific details PM or email me.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
02-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for chiming in Barry, you say it much better! :thumb:

Ondonti
02-28-2007, 04:11 AM
have fun with that :P