PDA

View Full Version : Strut Tower Brace

WickedShelby88
01-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm currently in the process of fabbing up an adjustable strut tower brace for daytonas. Im going to work with a friend of mine to do one for shadows and K cars as well as any other dodge FWD. The bars and mouting brackets are going to be made up of 6061 aluminum with a 1/2 inch stainless bar in the middle for added strength and heavy duty threaded tie rod ends on either side for adjustability. Hardware will all be stainless. If anyone would be interested in one of these let me know as I will definitely speed up production if I know I can find some people to buy these things. Im looking at around 75 per set when im done right now, but that may even go down. Look for a pic of the prototype on here shortly.

Thanks all, Joseph

Frank
01-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but for the amount of fabrication, etc, you could just buy this....
http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=122&products_id=214
Then no R&D is needed.... done for you.

Frank

Garret
01-21-2006, 03:30 PM
To me, that is a lil price considering the ones you can get on ebay for 30 dollars or less shipped to your door

Frank
01-21-2006, 03:39 PM
I dont remember the ones on e-bay being of this quality and primed ready for paint. In addition, they have warrenty and are supported. All of this adds up.

Frank

Garret
01-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Can you tell me exactly why someone needs a warrenty on a threaded bar?

As for primered and being ready for paint, the ebay ones come polished which may be a prefered choice for someone who wants a polished one.

Don't get me wrong I support TD vendors HOWEVER I don't feel that a bar with plate ends is worth 80+ dollars

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISSAN-240SX-89-94-GUNMETAL-FRONT-UPPER-STRUT-TOWER-BAR_W0QQitemZ8031018822QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Redrill one hole and all this can be yours for 21.98 shipped to your door, To me drilling one hole is worth 60 dollars

Chris W
01-21-2006, 05:32 PM

As for primered and being ready for paint, the ebay ones come polished which may be a prefered choice for someone who wants a polished one.

Don't get me wrong I support TD vendors HOWEVER I don't feel that a bar with plate ends is worth 80+ dollars

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISSAN-240SX-89-94-GUNMETAL-FRONT-UPPER-STRUT-TOWER-BAR_W0QQitemZ8031018822QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Redrill one hole and all this can be yours for 21.98 shipped to your door, To me drilling one hole is worth 60 dollars

TU purchases these from a TD micro-vendor and we appreciate that he is making these for us to offer to the small TD community. The micro-vendor sets the overall price for these bars based on his cost to manufacture small quantities of them. I'm sure that if he were making several hundred of these strut bar kits at one time they would cost much less for him to produce and the final sale price would reflect that savings. We prefer working with this TD vendor because it keeps the money in the TD community and increases the chances that he may offer other TD products in the future. By directing the sales to a company outside the TD community we can pretty much guarantee that it will never return here in the form of new products and ideas. Besides that, it is very doubtful that a company that is used to selling thousands of these strut tower braces for more popular vehicles will invest the R&D funds in order to sell a few hundred for a vehicle that hasn't been made in over 10 years.

Chris-TU

Garret
01-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah I know, I prefer to support the TD vendors, but at a 60 dollar difference in price for virtually no difference in performance It's hard to swallow.

Chris W
01-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah I know, I prefer to support the TD vendors, but at a 60 dollar difference in price for virtually no difference in performance It's hard to swallow.

I completely understand your point Garret. However, TU chooses to support the micro-vendors that are willing to support this community and we go by their price. If you feel you can make the other strut tower bar work then that's your decision. Even if they could be modified to work on a TD vehicle I would not carry them and compete with our TD micro-vendor.

Chris-TU

deuce dodge
01-21-2006, 08:28 PM
garret please make moly plates for $29.95.we will all line up.:)

we only have one option for these and its $$129.

deuce

Garret
01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Why make up plates when you can redrill the ones that come with it, for about a minute of labour?

Mario
01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Chris, have you thought about selling a bar such as this for our cars:

http://www.daveschopshop.com/Pictures/For%20Sale/P1010017.JPG
http://www.daveschopshop.com/Pictures/For%20Sale/P1010016.JPG

I'm looking to buy new front and rear strut tower braces and would like something with structure and quality such as those pictured. I think there would be a lot of interest in these within the community.

WickedShelby88
01-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Well I wasnt trying to necessarily take away from anyones market nor wage a debate about what will or wont affect the TD community just simply take advantage of the fact that I work at a tool and machine shop and everyday ideal material is thrown out in the form of what they call scrap. I see a large T6 aluminum plate that was cut off and thrown away and I ponder what I could make with it given the CNC mill and lathe array I have to work with. Sure most likely I wont ever make more than several of these things for myself and a few friends but I appreciate the input. In fact maybe one day I can be the guy one of the vendors is buying from. Its food for thought and well worth looking into.

Thanks again, Joseph:thumb:

Mario
01-22-2006, 03:21 AM
Well if anyone can fabricate front and rear bars such as those I posted, that will fit an L-Body, let me know, as I'd like to purchase them. Or perhaps I should invest in some TIG welding supplies in the future....

mech1nxh
01-22-2006, 04:10 AM

as usual with all due respects .......the COST OF THE BAR IS $1.99 ....
SHIPPING IS $20.00.....
A DaLLa 99!!!!! LOL...LOL...
I will buy from a micro vendor , or an entrapreneur any day as compared ....

Garret
01-22-2006, 04:11 AM
The reason the cost of the bar is so low is to get people to open up his auction instead of some other ebay joker that sells their bar for 12 dollars and is 10 dollars shipping

Mario
01-22-2006, 04:41 AM
The reason the cost of the bar is so low is to get people to open up his auction instead of some other ebay joker that sells their bar for 12 dollars and is 10 dollars shipping

I have those bars you're talking about. I don't think they're worth a dime.

turbovanmanČ
01-22-2006, 05:06 AM
as usual with all due respects .......the COST OF THE BAR IS $1.99 ....
SHIPPING IS $20.00.....
A DaLLa 99!!!!! LOL...LOL...
I will buy from a micro vendor , or an entrapreneur any day as compared ....

Its like the catch can I just bought off ebay, $8.95 for the part, $15 shipping.

I was searching for MP3 players the other day, I found a bunch for $9.95, 512 mb, I thought cool, then looked at shipping, $60, :eek: and if you have any problems, you send it back on your own dime-mmm no thanks.

Well I wasnt trying to necessarily take away from anyones market nor wage a debate about what will or wont affect the TD community just simply take advantage of the fact that I work at a tool and machine shop and everyday ideal material is thrown out in the form of what they call scrap. I see a large T6 aluminum plate that was cut off and thrown away and I ponder what I could make with it given the CNC mill and lathe array I have to work with. Sure most likely I wont ever make more than several of these things for myself and a few friends but I appreciate the input. In fact maybe one day I can be the guy one of the vendors is buying from. Its food for thought and well worth looking into.

Thanks again, Joseph:thumb:

If you can make them, why not. I don't think theres much of a market to sell them and if you do, you'll have to become a vendor but if your time is free, material is free, what the hell, :thumb:

Garret
01-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Man Mario you must have some pretty valuable dimes, all the ones I've seen (about 4 different sets now) seem to be of decent quality and you'd be hardpressed to do better cheaper than 20 bucks with adjustable ends

Mario
01-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Man Mario you must have some pretty valuable dimes, all the ones I've seen (about 4 different sets now) seem to be of decent quality and you'd be hardpressed to do better cheaper than 20 bucks with adjustable ends

Perhaps I do.

The ebay ones don't have much structure. They're a cheap bar with pivot points on both ends. I'd just like something that's a bit more sturdy I guess.

Garret
01-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Still worth more than a Dime :p

cordes
01-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Well if anyone can fabricate front and rear bars such as those I posted, that will fit an L-Body, let me know, as I'd like to purchase them. Or perhaps I should invest in some TIG welding supplies in the future....

I too would like a bar such as that. I it would really help to keep things rigid, which is a pretty non-exhistant word in a high HP L-body vocab from what I understand.

GLHNSLHT2
01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
The Edelbrock bars for neons are even stronger
http://sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0112scc_projneon06.jpg
I bought a set of D&F bars for my GLH. The brackets are nice, the workmanship is beautiful but they use round aluminum bar. Even with the brackets set super tight I can still pull up and down on the bar which means it flexes. By using square steel stock there is no flex. I have a square steel bar in the back of my tona and love it. I'll probably be using the brackets for the D&F bars and then building the cross bars out of square steel. Anyway if our micro vendor could make them out of square steel it'd be cheaper and I'd buy one in a second.

turbovanmanČ
01-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Anyway if our micro vendor could make them out of square steel it'd be cheaper and I'd buy one in a second.

Thats what mine is, square steel tubing. Its from a 90 Cavalier Z24. :amen:

Chris W
01-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Chris, have you thought about selling a bar such as this for our cars:

http://www.daveschopshop.com/Pictures/For%20Sale/P1010017.JPG
http://www.daveschopshop.com/Pictures/For%20Sale/P1010016.JPG

I'm looking to buy new front and rear strut tower braces and would like something with structure and quality such as those pictured. I think there would be a lot of interest in these within the community.

This is obviously very different then the strut bar we currently offer. I would have no problem offering customers a second option as long as the new product wasn't derived from reverse engineering of the other vendors product.

Chris-TU

Mario
01-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I'd be glad to provide the car for the L-Body test. :D If you need any dimensions Chris, too, let me know.

Frank
01-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I dont see much point to a bar like that unless you are doing some heavy road racing.

Frank

GLHNSLHT2
01-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh the bars are well worth it even if you're just driving around town. I have a 87 Ttop ShelbyZ. I came up with a design to run sqaure steel tubing across the back by the rear shock towers. I then triangulated it into the floor. It's very stiff. Take it out for a test drive after installing it and Oh is it so nice to ride in now. All the creaks and rattles were 99% gone. People sitting in the rear seat wouldn't bump their heads on the ceiling when you hit a bump and the body flexed and threw them into it. You can actually feel the suspension work instead of the body flexing. This comes in real handy when you're running upgraded suspension. For a hatchback and or T-top cars, bracing is a must in my book. I don't have Chris' bar but I have bars like it for the front and rear of my GLH and without even drving on them I don't like them. They might offer an improvement but they are nowhere stiff enough for real use or even for just driving around when you compare it to the one in my ShelbyZ in my opinion. If those neon bars by edelbrock would fit in my GLH I'd buy them in an instant. Anyway my point is that bracing will improve the ride quality as well as the handling.

Stinkbox
01-25-2006, 10:50 PM
in my opinion those ebay bars and the tu bar are pieces of ----. they are aluminium and if you hold it and put your knee into them flex city. thats with only body wieght amagine a freakin car. find some nice steel and test it with your body wieght and make your own. i made one for the rear of my daytona and like the thread above me holy crap, what a difference. night and day. can't wait to make a front.

turbomopar87
01-25-2006, 11:10 PM
i have an 87 shelby Z also and i have the strut tower bar from FWD...i like it alot, but it does have a little flex. Not sure what its made of, but its small diameter and round..and adjustable.

GLHNSLHT2...I would love to see a picture of the one you have in the back of your shelby z's, if you have a pic. I was thinking of making one, so if i could see a pic i could get an idea...i have a speaker box for a my sub inbetween the shock towers, and if i think it would look awsome to put a square steel bar across the top of it, it would incorberate with the box nicely i think.

Frank
01-25-2006, 11:19 PM
in my opinion those ebay bars and the tu bar are pieces of ----. they are aluminium and if you hold it and put your knee into them flex city. thats with only body wieght amagine a freakin car. find some nice steel and test it with your body wieght and make your own. i made one for the rear of my daytona and like the thread above me holy crap, what a difference. night and day. can't wait to make a front.

You should work on application and practicality before you post stuff like that. There is no bending moments between the shock towers. It is purely compression and torsional. My strut tower brace used to be thin electrical conduit with smash ends and drilled for one bolt whole. I managed to take out two cars into ditches, plus numerous autocross races... it did its job and never bent! Heck, on the first ditch, it probably is the sole reason that I didnt have worse frame damage.

Do your research and analysis before you talk crap.

Frank

WickedShelby88
01-26-2006, 01:49 AM
I have to agree Frank. I dont knock anyones product unless it actually has some kind of serious issue someone should know about for safety reasons and posting trash talk definitely is frowned upon.

altered7151
01-26-2006, 01:56 AM
You should work on application and practicality before you post stuff like that. There is no bending moments between the shock towers. It is purely compression and torsional. My strut tower brace used to be thin electrical conduit with smash ends and drilled for one bolt whole. I managed to take out two cars into ditches, plus numerous autocross races... it did its job and never bent! Heck, on the first ditch, it probably is the sole reason that I didnt have worse frame damage.

Do your research and analysis before you talk crap.

Frank

I'm not completely sure about that frank. I was standing in front of my charger the other day contemplating making a strut tower bar. The top of the strut towers are not completely perpendicular the the ground, they're at a slight angle, so the force is going to have to create a moment, although it may be very slight. I have a cheapy tower brace here that has a bow in it, and is pretty easy to bend. I feel like the bend will make it much easier for it to buckle under the tension and moment. I feel a straight bar, and probably a square one would hold up better.

Stinkbox
01-26-2006, 08:52 AM
ok isacc ----in newton um this is a public board so i can say whatever i want and i also said in my opinion they ----in suck, not saying that everyone thinks so or have proven physical and scientifical evidence. I just stated that it seems like it would make more sense to have something more rigid as brace in these positions, I mean there has to be flex between the towers there of some sort be in and out or twisting or whatever, all i know is mine made a night and day difference. how about i go and say that your a ----in faggit --- dick suckin queer --- retard and everything you say is wrong and your cars are lame and gay as ----. Im sure i didn't ruin your day with that so just relax as people have their own opinions and im sure i didn't take poor excuses unleashed faithful customers away if they haven't all ready left since he takes 12425 days to get anything done and shippied and cries about how knock offs are gonna ruin buisness, you ---- off as well then chris, waaa waaaa oh only $23464 for an exhaust manifold that looks like my little brother constructed, awesome. why don't you do some dyno runs to prove how much better it is than everyone elses. every other car in the world has way less expensive turbo headers and im sure you'll say well what about quality blah blah. sure the ss autochrome ones suck --- but there are cheap nice ones out there, then what about there being no market for them so i don't make them in high production numbers so they have to be this expensive to cover overhead, well why don't you take a loss for acouple months by selling them for $300 and im sure you will make your money back cause you will be selling twice as many. then you keep saying well i only stock stuff that other faggit as losers that only play with our stupid old --- cars and make specific parts for them so that in the future maybe they will develope something else. ummmm who cares. i don't give a ---- if a mountain lion or an asian make my ----in part as long as i like it and its useful. ide personally like to buy the mone that is mass produced just so i don't give my money to some idiot who is making these parts for these specific cars as that was an extremely poor financial decision as these owners won't spend anything on parts but when they have them and wish to sell them they ask for almost retail on used crap, ---- off.

what im trying to say is i guess turbo dodges suck.
the people suck that are involved with them as well.
i would say that only about 20% of the people on these sites are worth listening too.
sure it might be fun the first couple times you race a 5.0 mustang and beat it in your omni cause they have no clue but it gets real old unless you are somebody who is extremely poor or are stuck on these 1980's technology economy cars cause your an old loser that lives on a farm that has 10 of them sitting on blocks out by the barn and can't let them go. move on. i don't know why i ever come on here and read anything cause its mostly useless and i just end up getting pissed and ranting like i am now cause most of these cars are nigger rigged anyways and thats just how its gonna be. people by these pieces of ---- and put $50 into them in homemade and junkyard parts and wonder why there is no market.

i think i need to give my car away for the $800 its worth since its an old piece of ---- with one of the worst head designs i have ever saw on any car. and go back to dsm where you can actually make power if you know what your doing.
so 80% of you people can go ---- yourselves and i can't wait to see what the awesome responses to this are.

Frank
01-26-2006, 09:56 AM
ok isacc ----in newton um this is a public board so i can say whatever i want and i also said in my opinion they ----in suck, not saying that everyone thinks so or have proven physical and scientifical evidence. I just stated that it seems like it would make more sense to have something more rigid as brace in these positions, I mean there has to be flex between the towers there of some sort be in and out or twisting or whatever, all i know is mine made a night and day difference. how about i go and say that your a ----in faggit --- dick suckin queer --- retard and everything you say is wrong and your cars are lame and gay as ----. Im sure i didn't ruin your day with that so just relax as people have their own opinions and im sure i didn't take poor excuses unleashed faithful customers away if they haven't all ready left since he takes 12425 days to get anything done and shippied and cries about how knock offs are gonna ruin buisness, you ---- off as well then chris, waaa waaaa oh only $23464 for an exhaust manifold that looks like my little brother constructed, awesome. why don't you do some dyno runs to prove how much better it is than everyone elses. every other car in the world has way less expensive turbo headers and im sure you'll say well what about quality blah blah. sure the ss autochrome ones suck --- but there are cheap nice ones out there, then what about there being no market for them so i don't make them in high production numbers so they have to be this expensive to cover overhead, well why don't you take a loss for acouple months by selling them for $300 and im sure you will make your money back cause you will be selling twice as many. then you keep saying well i only stock stuff that other faggit as losers that only play with our stupid old --- cars and make specific parts for them so that in the future maybe they will develope something else. ummmm who cares. i don't give a ---- if a mountain lion or an asian make my ----in part as long as i like it and its useful. ide personally like to buy the mone that is mass produced just so i don't give my money to some idiot who is making these parts for these specific cars as that was an extremely poor financial decision as these owners won't spend anything on parts but when they have them and wish to sell them they ask for almost retail on used crap, ---- off.

what im trying to say is i guess turbo dodges suck.
the people suck that are involved with them as well.
i would say that only about 20% of the people on these sites are worth listening too.
sure it might be fun the first couple times you race a 5.0 mustang and beat it in your omni cause they have no clue but it gets real old unless you are somebody who is extremely poor or are stuck on these 1980's technology economy cars cause your an old loser that lives on a farm that has 10 of them sitting on blocks out by the barn and can't let them go. move on. i don't know why i ever come on here and read anything cause its mostly useless and i just end up getting pissed and ranting like i am now cause most of these cars are nigger rigged anyways and thats just how its gonna be. people by these pieces of ---- and put $50 into them in homemade and junkyard parts and wonder why there is no market.

i think i need to give my car away for the $800 its worth since its an old piece of ---- with one of the worst head designs i have ever saw on any car. and go back to dsm where you can actually make power if you know what your doing.
so 80% of you people can go ---- yourselves and i can't wait to see what the awesome responses to this are.

This is your only warning to be respectful to all or you will be banned, and to knock of the language. This board wont tollerate you violating both. My response, whether you liked it, or not, was a respectful disagreement. Keep it up and bye, bye.

Frank

Frank
01-26-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm not completely sure about that frank. I was standing in front of my charger the other day contemplating making a strut tower bar. The top of the strut towers are not completely perpendicular the the ground, they're at a slight angle, so the force is going to have to create a moment, although it may be very slight. I have a cheapy tower brace here that has a bow in it, and is pretty easy to bend. I feel like the bend will make it much easier for it to buckle under the tension and moment. I feel a straight bar, and probably a square one would hold up better.

I agree. I wasnt going to get into the moment and all of that. I didnt think they are that big especially since they are typically a pivot point. But to make a lump sum about TU's product or others that he obviously doesnt own is ignorant at best.

Frank

GLHSKEN
01-26-2006, 10:19 AM
ok isacc ----in newton um this is a public board so i can say whatever i want and i also said in my opinion they ----in suck,

Really??? The board is in the public domain which allows you to post at the discretion of the site owners. You are not entitled to go off at any moment you wish.

In keeping with the board rules you have been warned about the behaviour you have decided to use. Given your hatred of the cars, which you so eloquently expressed, another such outburst and you will be removed from the site permanently.

altered7151
01-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I agree. I wasnt going to get into the moment and all of that. I didnt think they are that big especially since they are typically a pivot point. But to make a lump sum about TU's product or others that he obviously doesnt own is ignorant at best.

Frank

Agree 100%, no reason for a unintelligent bashing of respectable products. Fact is the strut bar that TU sells with be a vast improvement for 98% of the drivers out there. Unless you're doing some hardcore autocross or road racing you're not going to create the moment nessacary to make that bar bend from the moment. Saying that bar is crap because you can bend it is like saying a steel 2" cable wont hold tension because you can twist it in a loop.

johnl
01-26-2006, 02:37 PM
TU purchases these from a TD micro-vendor and we appreciate that he is making these for us to offer to the small TD community. The micro-vendor sets the overall price for these bars based on his cost to manufacture small quantities of them. I'm sure that if he were making several hundred of these strut bar kits at one time they would cost much less for him to produce and the final sale price would reflect that savings. We prefer working with this TD vendor because it keeps the money in the TD community and increases the chances that he may offer other TD products in the future. By directing the sales to a company outside the TD community we can pretty much guarantee that it will never return here in the form of new products and ideas. Besides that, it is very doubtful that a company that is used to selling thousands of these strut tower braces for more popular vehicles will invest the R&D funds in order to sell a few hundred for a vehicle that hasn't been made in over 10 years.

Chris-TU

Chris - I know you know that there is a need for front strut bars for T2 L bodies, just saying there's a market, of a size that you probably know better than I, if you offered one. Do you think there is a need and a market for rear bars?

turbovanmanČ
01-26-2006, 04:03 PM
My .02cents, the strut towers do flex on any car, hence Edelbrock and co have come out with strut tower braces that also use the firewall on Mustangs and F-bodies. My Grand Am didn't have one, I put one on and WOW, the difference was night and day. I built one for my van using a Z24 one, which is square tubing and again, double WOW, you can instantly feel the difference. I feel the thicker and stronger you make the brace, the better it works. Personally, If you can flex the bar, it won't do much good on the vehicle.

bn880
01-26-2006, 06:04 PM
By the way, about ebay and the high shipping:

Putting the bulk of the cost in the shipping is a loophole on eBay. eBay does not charge the seller on the shipping amount only on the final selling amount, hence the seller makes more cash and ebay makes less when you buy like that.

About bars, as far as I can understand they should resist compression and torsion... ;p Though pushing on them in the middle is not a very good test. Want to test them properly, you have to do it properly, apply pressure on the mounting bolts, not easy to do. It's like testing 'I' beams by applying pressure left/right instead of down/up, not a good test for the application.

Edit: Looking at the ones on ebay with pivot points, I can't imagine how they work for compression, when you go over some bump and the strut tower moves inwards/up... the pivot points coupled with anything but really stiff tubes, bad combo. So the one for $85 makes sense, pivot points but a nice straight rod...

Regards

Mario
01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
By the way, about ebay and the high shipping:

Putting the bulk of the cost in the shipping is a loophole on eBay. eBay does not charge the seller on the shipping amount only on the final selling amount, hence the seller makes more cash and ebay makes less when you buy like that.

About bars, as far as I can understand they should resist compression and torsion... ;p Though pushing on them in the middle is not a very good test. Want to test them properly, you have to do it properly, apply pressure on the mounting bolts, not easy to do. It's like testing 'I' beams by applying pressure left/right instead of down/up, not a good test for the application.

Edit: Looking at the ones on ebay with pivot points, I can't imagine how they work for compression, when you go over some bump and the strut tower moves inwards/up... the pivot points coupled with anything but really stiff tubes, bad combo. So the one for $85 makes sense, pivot points but a nice straight rod...

Regards

That's also against ebay's policy. If you report them to ebay enough times, they will get their account suspended.

Directconnection
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
ide personally like to buy the mone that is mass produced just so i don't give my money to some idiot who is making these parts for these specific cars as that was an extremely poor financial decision as these owners won't spend anything on parts but when they have them and wish to sell them they ask for almost retail on used crap, ---- off.

Not trying to provoke anything, but when nobody wants to mass produce anything for our cars, then WE must take matters into our own hands.

turbomopar87
01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
i think i need to give my car away for the $800 its worth since its an old piece of ---- with one of the worst head designs i have ever saw on any car.

Well i will give you $400 right now as is. seriously. Its a daytona right?

turbovanmanČ
01-26-2006, 09:09 PM
That's also against ebay's policy. If you report them to ebay enough times, they will get their account suspended.

I really don't think Ebay gives a rats as-s. My friend ordered a chip thru Ebay, reputable company, he has receipts, anyhow, they burn't it wrong, that was March of last year, its almost a year, no chip and no refund. Everytime he calls them, he gets the same answer, its in the mail, were sorry. He has all this documented and saved. Ebay has done nothing.

Aries_Turbo
01-27-2006, 01:42 AM
strut tower braces are for compression and tension only for the most part. if you want to brace the front suspension any more than that, you tie it into the firewall and/or make an "X" brace from the tops of the towers to a lower point like the frame rail or the k frame mounts but there really isnt that kind of room back there.

Brian

bn880
01-27-2006, 10:27 AM

Didn't know that. :) I'll have to re-read their policy if I sell anything else.

bn880
01-28-2006, 07:08 PM
For those of you who have done this, what kind of changes did you have to make to the 1990 Cavalier Z24 Strut brace to fit onto the Dodge struts?
:eyebrows:

Thanks

turbovanmanČ
01-28-2006, 07:39 PM
For those of you who have done this, what kind of changes did you have to make to the 1990 Cavalier Z24 Strut brace to fit onto the Dodge struts?
:eyebrows:

Thanks

Cut it in half, then matched up some square tubing that fit OVER the bar tubing. Used one of the existing holes and welded on new tabs to fit over another strut stud. Mounted, measured the bar and welded the new tubing. Took all of an hour. I will post pics later as I have my new camera that takes wicked sharp pics. Note, the holes are mounted differently on vans so you might not have to with a car, or modify the plate. Also, any 94 and previous Cavalier has the bar, 95 is when they changed to the aero look and new body style.

bn880
01-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks!

I gather you mean it's any Cavalier Z24 in that range, not just a regular Cavalier?

Robert

turbovanmanČ
01-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks!

I gather you mean it's any Cavalier Z24 in that range, not just a regular Cavalier?

Robert

Some of the reg Cavaliers also got them. I just say Z24 as its easier than typing Cavalier.