PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: FWD Performance Team Members

JamesL
02-26-2007, 03:43 PM
The NHRA Sport Compact season is quickly approaching. Our first event is on March 31, 2007 at Moroso Motorsports Park in Jupiter, Florida. We are working hard to ready the car for this event. We’ve made some small changes to the car that have amounted to some real torque and HP gains; so much for stock axles going forward. We’ve reconfigured the fuel system and added some delivery capacity that netted us a comfortable margin throughout an entire run. That said, we have a lot of miles to log, repairs throughout the season, entry fees, maintenance and any number of other expenses required to have a successful season. Finishing third in our debut year was quite an accomplishment against multi-million dollar competitors. This is your opportunity to help improve on that effort. We are inviting you to join the team with a fifty dollar sponsorship. For that we will place your name on the hauler as a 2007 FWD Performance Team Member and you will get a 5% discount on all your purchases from FWD Performance for the term of the 2007 season. If you would like to be a part of this winning team please make payment to TeamFwdperformance@fwdperformance.com via PayPal. Another option is to purchase the sponsorship from our online store and start getting that 5% discount now! You may sponsor as much as you like but 5% is the maximum discount. http://fwdperformance.com/store/Product.asp?IDCatalog=&ProductID=1006

ShelbyMotorsports
02-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Count me in :thumb:

I'm in need of another Quaife so a 5% discount is a no brainer.

Steve

PS: Paypal sent.

mcsvt
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I would like to be a supporter! I see in other threads the mention of NOPI, is he doing both(NHRA and NOPI)? I still plan on lending a hand whenever he is in the area. Had a great time last year meeting up with him.

Frank
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I will talk to you offline.

JamesL
02-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I would like to be a supporter! I see in other threads the mention of NOPI, is he doing both(NHRA and NOPI)? I still plan on lending a hand whenever he is in the area. Had a great time last year meeting up with him.

NO, we are not dedicating any time or money for NOPI. We might make an event if it's convenient/local but otherwise its strictly NHRA. He will have a dedicated Crew Chief but we are always happy and grateful for everyone's support.

BIG PSI
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I will try to post this once more, I tried to do this at work and something happened that it did not go through. I will donate $50.00 to the cause on 3-9-06. But I will also add ANOTHER $50.00 to it once Stephane breaks the
7 second barrier in ET down the 1/4 mile and he makes me a photo copy of it and signs and dates it.

Go Get Team !!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Chuck Green

Anonymous_User
02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
You might be suprised what those little vynl decals cost

If you are interested, PM me on this. My machinists wife runs a vinyl business and I might be able to work out a deal on bulk stickers.

JamesL
02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Welcome aboard race fans and supporters. Your response in such a short time since the invitation has been great! We hope to see you at the tracks. It's going to be a lot of fun putting the big dogs on the trailer with a Shelby Dodge and you can say you helped. Several of you have figured out that getting that discount pays for the sponsorship pretty quick. Some others will get “* Above and Beyond Status” for each fifty dollars after the first.

TonaChris
02-27-2007, 04:40 PM
How about I work that 50.00 off just being a part of the pit crew :p

JamesL
03-01-2007, 02:44 PM
OK guys, if your looking at spending a few bucks on your Turbo Dodge before Spring springs, no better time then the present to get your 5% discount and become a team member. Remember, that's 5% for the whole race season, not just a one time deal. Do the math, it pays for itself pretty quick.

TonaChris
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
How long are you guys accepting this sponsorship deal for? I will contribute to your efforts (and contribute to this site) when possible. I need to get back to Ohio to do some banking first, but Im stuck in Canada with every state between here and there having a severe weather warning of some sort:(

JamesL
03-04-2007, 11:33 AM
How long are you guys accepting this sponsorship deal for? I will contribute to your efforts (and contribute to this site) when possible. I need to get back to Ohio to do some banking first, but Im stuck in Canada with every state between here and there having a severe weather warning of some sort:(

The invitation is good for the entire 2007 NHRA Sport Compact season. Obviously the sooner you get in the sooner you reap the benefits. You can paypal your sponsorship to teamfwdperformance@fwdperformance.com or go to our on-line store (http://www.fwdperformance.com/store) and purchase it while getting your 5% discount on any other product you buy. This invitation is not affiliated with Turbo-Mopar.com but I can probably speak for them when I say they appreciate your support.

Austrian Dodge
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM
According to this http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12987 there was race on Saturday...

So what was Stephanes 1/4m time? Did he already break his own record??

I'm sure all of us (especially the contributing members) are dying to hear results from the race this past weekend!

go stephane go

JamesL
04-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi Andreas
Besides receiving a 5% discount on purchases throughout the race season, one of the benefits of being a 2007 FWD Performance Team Member is being put on a mailing list for race information and updates. We'll do our best to provide the most up to date information possible;in some cases real-time. As we've done over the last several years, Team FWD Performance includes support for a number of Turbo Mopars in various venues throughout the year. Unfortunetly, it looks like our sponsorship package won't support making it to every NHRA event. This was a tough one to miss considering only three cars showed for the first race. Last year we heard some grumblings from the drivers about the track condition. In addition to a pretty spectacular crash, there were a lot of close calls. This could explain why so few competitotrs showed. Besides a small racing budget, our biggest issue is that our NHRA driver is still stuck in Canada. Seems some new laws that came into effect mid January 07 mean some more red tape we hadn't counted on despite having an approved VISA. We are really at the mercy of the process now and its proving to be quite irritating. What's funny (NOT) is that it seems that if he were coming from Mexico, it wouldn't be an issue. :banghead: Thanks for your interest and the bump on BOTH forums. If we have anything we'd like to share on the forum, rest assured we will. If your interested in becoming a contributor I'm sure you already know how to sign up.:thumb:

8valves
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Wow, that's awful. Any idea when he might be able to make it over to start pushing the envelope some more? I really hope he's able to make it to enough races to be competetive in points.

devlish
04-03-2007, 12:48 AM
the first set of names should be ready to put on the trailer late this week. I recieved the first list from James this afternoon, and will be running the names in the next day or so, then shipping them out Priority to FWD to install on the trailer (unless i can get cindy/james to fly me down there to install them too!)

BadAssPerformance
04-03-2007, 01:44 AM
If Frenchy can't make it, buy me a plane ticket and I'll pilot that rocket :thumb:

deuce dodge
04-07-2007, 09:42 PM
just watched the fwd car on nopi tv........(speedvision)....

please make it faster........7.99999999 will do..... :)

saying thanks to fwdperformance ......and have just ordered slicks through fwdperformance....yup could have bought them elsewhere.....but i love supporting FWDPERFORMANCE.

thanks again

deuce

mcsvt
04-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey James just wondering how Stephane's visa is going? I want to see him race again this year :D It was exciting seeing him at e-town and atco last year.

JamesL
04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey James just wondering how Stephane's visa is going? I want to see him race again this year :D It was exciting seeing him at e-town and atco last year.

The Visa is approved. A new requirement in Jan. 2007 requires a background check for a non-immigrant worker from Canada...I understand this is not required if your from Mexico:rolleyes:

So while USCIS / Homeland Security has issued an approval for the VISA, Customs won't let him through the port of entry without the completed background check from the RCMP. We learned this when he attempted to cross and was held, interrogated and almost arrested. We call them every day. We don't have an inside track so he and all of us are at the mercy of the process. I understand and to a degree appreciate the increased scrutiny, but come on...this is ridiculous. :banghead:

mcsvt
04-12-2007, 01:27 PM
The updated is appreciated James :thumb:

supercrackerbox
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Man, I was hoping you were offering a job.

Bubba
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
The Visa is approved. A new requirement in Jan. 2007 requires a background check for a non-immigrant worker from Canada...I understand this is not required if your from Mexico:rolleyes:

So while USCIS / Homeland Security has issued an approval for the VISA, Customs won't let him through the port of entry without the completed background check from the RCMP. We learned this when he attempted to cross and was held, interrogated and almost arrested. We call them every day. We don't have an inside track so he and all of us are at the mercy of the process. I understand and to a degree appreciate the increased scrutiny, but come on...this is ridiculous. :banghead:

That's such a shame that something like this is keeping him from race season. I hope that everything gets settled in a timely manner so that he can salvage the rest of the season.

turbovanman²
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM

I agree, its retarded the hoops you have to jump thru, :banghead:

Next time, just have him fly to Mexico and then smuggle him across, :thumb:

devlish
04-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Next time, just have him fly to Mexico and then smuggle him across, :thumb:cheaper, easier, faster, safer. enough said, good idea simon!!

Clay
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree, its retarded the hoops you have to jump thru, :banghead:

Next time, just have him fly to Mexico and then smuggle him across, :thumb:

yeah, cause you dont have to cross any borders between mexico and the US! ;)

Mario
04-12-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah, cause you dont have to cross any borders between mexico and the US! ;)

Are we talking religion here? ;)

Bubba
04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Any update on Stephane?

JamesL
04-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Any update on Stephane?

PM sent.

Any 2007 FWD Performance Team Member wishing to receive an update may PM myself or Cindy at any time.

slasky
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
What about the people who are considering becoming a team member?

JamesL
04-24-2007, 11:28 AM
What about the people who are considering becoming a team member?

Until we get all the issues settled, we are not taking any more team members. Thank you for your interest.

JamesL
04-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Time to eat some crow :mad: Obviously, things haven't worked out in the timely fashion I'm used to getting things done. Seems like anything I've ever had to do that involved the government turned into a major pain in the arse and this has been no different, except that its the Canadian government dragging their butt. When we started this we had an approved VISA and had purchased a plane ticket for Stephane to come back. It wasn’t until he attempted to cross the border, as he had done many times before without a Visa, that we became aware of the new requirements. We felt like we could get those dealt with well before the beginning of the race season but that is not what has transpired. So, at this point we are going to put this program on hold until we get this worked out. If you’re currently a member you will continue to get your 5% discount for the 2007 race season. Most have you have already earned your 50.00 dollars back in discounts so I encourage you to take further advantage. I’ll also be putting a little package together for you as an added bonus for your patience and patronage. Thanks to Sign-Pro, I have all the vinyl so we are squared away with that. As soon as the situation changes, I’ll let everyone know and maybe we can get back on track.

The NHRA Sport Compact season is quickly approaching. Our first event is on March 31, 2007 at Moroso Motorsports Park in Jupiter, Florida. We are working hard to ready the car for this event. We’ve made some small changes to the car that have amounted to some real torque and HP gains; so much for stock axles going forward. We’ve reconfigured the fuel system and added some delivery capacity that netted us a comfortable margin throughout an entire run. That said, we have a lot of miles to log, repairs throughout the season, entry fees, maintenance and any number of other expenses required to have a successful season. Finishing third in our debut year was quite an accomplishment against multi-million dollar competitors. This is your opportunity to help improve on that effort. We are inviting you to join the team with a fifty dollar sponsorship. For that we will place your name on the hauler as a 2007 FWD Performance Team Member and you will get a 5% discount on all your purchases from FWD Performance for the term of the 2007 season. If you would like to be a part of this winning team please make payment to TeamFwdperformance@fwdperformance.com via PayPal. Another option is to purchase the sponsorship from our online store and start getting that 5% discount now! You may sponsor as much as you like but 5% is the maximum discount. http://fwdperformance.com/store/Product.asp?IDCatalog=&ProductID=1006

8valves
04-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the update, and sorry to you guys and Stephane for your ordeal.

turbovanman²
04-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the update, and sorry to you guys and Stephane for your ordeal.

+2, that really blows.

Do you think he'll make it here this year?

BIG PSI
04-24-2007, 08:21 PM
If you just NEED a DRIVER all you have to do is ask.

I honestly have a Professional Driver in Top Eliminator looking for a ride.

His races a rear engine Dragster and has gone 7.791 @ 173.69
He has WON numerous races with different vehicles and has won a couple of times racing more than one car at one event. I have his resame here and could send it to you.

On a different note I would like a PM on what is happening with my sponsorship as well.

Regards
Chuck Green

BadAssPerformance
04-24-2007, 08:46 PM
If Frenchy can't make it, buy me a plane ticket and I'll pilot that rocket :thumb:

^^^ This guy knows how to drive... just needs a license ;)

turbovanman²
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
^^^ This guy knows how to drive... just needs a license ;)

Your good at something but it aint driving, :fencing: :drum: :bolt: :p

powermaxx
04-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm licensed and I have experience in FWD cars.... ;)

Directconnection
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Actually have a point there.

A rwd driver doing a big turboed fwd car is a whole other entity. Vise versa as well. You'd want someone with fast FWD experience. I think Stephane would be sick to his stomache with someone driving his car besides him, though. But, at least someoen from the community would be nice.

BadAssPerformance
04-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Your good at something but it aint driving, :fencing: :drum: :bolt: :p

Wanna race? :D

Actually have a point there.

A rwd driver doing a big turboed fwd car is a whole other entity. Vise versa as well. You'd want someone with fast FWD experience. I think Stephane would be sick to his stomache with someone driving his car besides him, though. But, at least someoen from the community would be nice.

Yeah, let alone I am sure he is pretty miffed that he cannot get into the US to make this happen for sure!

JamesL
04-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I appreciate everyone's offer and enthusiasm, but Stephane will be the ONLY driver of that car. We entered into a partnership in this deal and though it hasn't exactly worked out for either of us and has arguably caused me more pain, I'm not the kind of guy to leave a partner, much less a friend in a bad way. We will weather this storm together and move forward both at the track and in the shop. We appreciate all of your support and can't wait to get back to the track with the fastest FWD 2.2l Turbo Dodge.

BadAssPerformance
04-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Yo James, although I was joking about offering to drive (would have been more serious if I was NHRA certified) I understand where you are coming from with the relationship part of it and I think we all just want to see the car back out there kicking some butt!

powermaxx
04-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Same here ^.

Kinda like wearing someone else's underwear. :D (No personal experience, just the thought guys! ;) )

BIGBRUDDA
04-25-2007, 08:42 AM
So......Any idea when Stephane will be back? Is he still a free man? Did this lead to any legal complications,that might need a "defense fund"?:confused:

Who has custody of the car?:(

Directconnection
04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
maybe we should get a hitman to kidnapp him across the border. Then go by the alias Jerard Deparduex.

JamesL
04-25-2007, 11:12 AM
So......Any idea when Stephane will be back? Is he still a free man? Did this lead to any legal complications,that might need a "defense fund"?:confused:

Who has custody of the car?:(

Its one of those "any day now" situations. I could be tomorrow, next week or god forbid next month or later. Its impossible to get an update from the Canadian agency responsible for the background check...believe me I've tried, Stephane has tried even my Congressman has tried several times. Does anyone know anyone who works for the RCMP? That might be helpful. PM me. Yes he is a free man, just not free to work in the US until this is complete. As for a legal fund, that comes out of my pocket...no worries...I've got it covered and I have custody of the car. Both he and I appreciate the concern and support, but honestly this is the last thing I want to say about all of this publicly as this is Stephane's personnel business. When he is back everyone will know it.

devlish
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Both he and I appreciate the concern and support, but honestly this is the last thing I want to say about all of this publicly as this is Stephane's personnel business. When he is back everyone will know it. it's great to get updates... and we all wish the best. but i'm sure both you and he are sick of telling his personal life on here.... i can understand that, and i think most others can too. good luck in the next few weeks getting Stephane over here!

Ubmbass
04-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Man, and to think hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants come here every year from the "other" border. This is getting to be bullshit, they need to let the man be.. we need our frenchy BACK!!

turbovanman²
04-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Man, and to think hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants come here every year from the "other" border. This is getting to be bullshit, they need to let the man be.. we need our frenchy BACK!!

No kidding. What a joke, do it right and get penalized, do it wrong and be let in with open arms. :(

raccoon
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
can he just say he's going on vacation? like a long one.
crossing is a pain in the arse now, Ive had my car searched a few times.

never forget, If its not an American flag, it could be a bomb....

SebringLX
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Maybe some good news for you guys... I just got this in an e-mail...

The U.S. Departments of State and Homeland Security announced on June 8,
2007 that U.S. citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda who have applied for, but not yet received, passports can temporarily enter and depart from the United States by air with a government issued photo identification and Department of State official proof of application for a passport through September 30, 2007.

The federal government is making this accommodation for air travel due to longer than expected processing times for passport applications in the face of record-breaking demand.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) was mandated by Congress in the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 to strengthen border security and facilitate entry into the United States for citizens and legitimate international visitors. WHTI requirements for air travel took effect on January 23, 2007.

Adults who have applied for but not yet received a passport should present government-issued photo identification and an official proof of application from the U.S. Department of State. Children under the age of 16 traveling with their parents or legal guardian will be permitted to travel with the child's proof of application.

Travelers who have not applied for a passport should not expect to be accommodated.

U.S. citizens with pending passport applications can obtain proof of application at:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/status/status_2567.html

The new passport requirement does NOT apply to U.S. citizens traveling to or returning directly from a U.S. territory. U.S. citizens returning directly from a U.S. territory are not considered to have left the United States and do not need to present a passport. U.S. territories include the following:
Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swains Island, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

NOTE: Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, on active duty traveling orders, will be exempt from the new passport requirement.

This is a change to the New Passport requirements for U.S. Travelers that was implemented on 23 January 2007. This may impact deployments if a ANG member goes on leave outside the United States and forgets to take their Passport.