PDA

View Full Version : '92 Daytona IROC R/T Dyno Run

Will Martin
02-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Car-'92 Daytona IROC R/T, 193,000 kilometers, rebuilt engine with +20 JE pistons. Everything else stock with the exception of a Home Depot spring on the wastegate. Stock boost pressure ran at 11psi. No torque numbers on dyno as this was a Rotary shop I went to, they didn't hook up the RPM cable. No biggie, I only wanted a baseline before modifications. The last run was done shifting through the gears, and the stock intercooler was HOT! The Rotary Boys seemed to be impressed. :thumb: These guys have 400+hp cars there as well, the best in the Lower Mainland.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/514/Dyno.jpg

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I took a few vids, will post them tonight.

I was very impressed, the factory claims 224 hp at the crank and Will's car almost put that out at the wheels. After the last run, 1st thru 4 gear, that IC was smoking hot, :wow1:

Directconnection
02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I saw a bone stock R/T pull 220+ once too, but it did have the addition of a different muffler a bit better than stock. 11psi as well verified on the scantool as none of us could believe it. A couple other r/ts pulled under 200whp which was expected.

Will Martin
02-23-2007, 09:33 PM
That's what I was expecting (around 195-ish hp) as that's what I'm used to seeing. I'll take the extra hp though! lol Should be dynoing it again in a week or so once I get the exhaust and t3/t4 on there. I'll run it again at stock psi then run it with a FWDP cal and turn it up a bit, then I'm done.

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2007, 10:24 PM
then I'm done.

Famous last words, :lol:

Dr.Evil
03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
I just took a better look at the graph. Looks like you did pull 1 in 4th, and pull 2 in 3rd? Do you have a printout of RPM instead of MPH? I guess I could convert it but Im lazy :) Just wondering what RPM peak power was. BTW Im sure that low 50* ambient temp helped out quite a bit :) Im getting my R/T dynoed next month, it will have a stage 3 cal, bigger IC, Cutout exhaust, and an Alky Injection kit running 18PSI. Anyone care to take bets on what it will make? Im hoping for 275-300 WHP.

Will Martin
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
No sorry, that's all I have. I did an "guestimate" based on speed (and rpm) and I'm looking at somewhere around 235tq.

You're correct about the pulls. First run in 4th, second run in 3rd. Peak rpm power was "about" 4800 (I based that on speed in the 3rd and 4th gear pull).

Next time, I will make them do it properly. This run was to get an estimate before mods.