PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Dakota cat-back exhausts & tonneaus

ScottD
02-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I recently bought an 06 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7 6spd manual trans. I am considering two cat-back single exhausts, the Flowmaster Force II system and the Gibson side swept system. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either of these systems?

Also, I'm looking for any opinions on tonneau covers. Mainly I want to know what you've bought that is crap. There are sooooooooo many choices out there, I don't want to end up with something that is only going to last 2 years.

BadAssPerformance
02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
I have been really happy with the Xtang Tuff Tonneau II on my Dakota. Got it cuz another SDAC-Chicago member had on eon his Dakota R/T. Uses a plastic lipped edge instead of the snaps. Way better than the Saddleman/Lebra one I used to have.

ScottD
02-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks. The one thing I'm certain of is I don't want to go with snaps!

Right now I'm leaning towards getting the Flowmaster exhaust and a Mopar tonneau cover. I have an under the rail Mopar bed liner and want to be sure that what I get works with that.

dds78910
02-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I just bought the snugtop f2 hard tonneau for my 2005 Ram. I like it alot, cause it is a no drill install and comes off easy if you need to haul something big. It also has a 12 volt light wired in and a key less entery remote, so I hit the button and the tonneau pops up automatically.
http://www.snugtop.com/products/snuglid-f2.php