PDA

View Full Version : Cant figure out how to burn SST27SF512

amcpacer
02-22-2007, 04:49 AM
I have a Willem enhanced Eprom burner and some SST27SF512 chips that I have been trying to burn the 2.5 G-head cal http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3066&d=1169333492 file from Aries_Turbo.

The chip passes the blank test erases just fine but when I try to burn I get an error from the 97ja software that says: Error at 0x000000 Chip = 0xFF buffer = 0xA6

I have had this burner since the end of last december and have not been able to figure out how to do it. I have read all of the willem forum and mcumall forums and have not found any useful information.

At this point I think I need to put my burner up on ebay and just pay someone to burn me an EEPROM. I would really love to figure this out though.

Murphy
02-22-2007, 11:44 AM
do you burn at the offset C000? sure the chip is facing the right direction, jumpers set correctly?

I have http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3081 with the SST27SF512 chips

amcpacer
02-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi Murphy I am setting the offset to C000 in the Offset [Hex]. The chip is at the bottom of the ZIF with that half moon cutout in the chip facing the top. I do not have any jumpers though. Just those dip switches. I have a burner exactly like this one: http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3082

Murphy
02-22-2007, 03:02 PM
this si from the MCU mall site, I think this is the procedure, it looks like you have 2 sets of jumpers, i think you need to change the one next to the dip switches but im not sure. my board has anoter set of jumpers that you need to change. I think you just need to hit a button to change the voltage.

2. SST EEPROM
This programmer supports: 27SF256, 512, 010, 020, 040;37VF512, 010, 020, 040.

Operation steps (Vpp keeps as 12V):

1) Setup the 12 bit DIP, select the chip model W27CXX

2) Take out the jumper protectionline, the programming voltage auto to 15V, special model jumper auto to W27C position --press the special chip button to W27C position (last bit, the LED 7 light up position)

3) Insert W27CXX to 32PIN ZIP socket, click the software upper right corner erase button, the program indicator lamp flashs and progress bar is not moving, then directly press reset button, the chip starts to erase.

4) Check write in, everything is normal.

cordes
02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
The directions to put an LM cal on that exact chip with that exact burner are located on the custom cal how to of www.omniglht.com

amcpacer
02-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Hey cordes I followed your directions exactly and it worked.

Thank you!!!

Well also the other fix was to un-plug the USB cord from my PC laptop and plug it into my desktop macintosh computer. Apparently the USB port on the gateway laptop lacked the power that a desktop computer has.

The MCU mall said to set mode to 15V and it actually was supposed to be left on 12v. This is because I have the SST27SF512 chip. The omniglht website was indeed correct!

cordes
02-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey cordes I followed your directions exactly and it worked.

Thank you!!!

Well also the other fix was to un-plug the USB cord from my PC laptop and plug it into my desktop macintosh computer. Apparently the USB port on the gateway laptop lacked the power that a desktop computer has.

The MCU mall said to set mode to 15V and it actually was supposed to be left on 12v. This is because I have the SST27SF512 chip. The omniglht website was indeed correct!

good to hear. :)