PDA

View Full Version : Air Fuel Gauge

89pbody
02-21-2007, 09:35 PM
ok heres another question with my air fuel and boost gauge.i want them to light up with my car light when i turn them on.i have an 89 shadow es.does anyone know what wire going to my light switch is the positive ?

Capt'n Dave
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I used a 12volt test lamp that comes with ground clamp and poke the sharp point of tester into the wires one at a time,while i have the lights on,if your bulb is on then try to turn off the switch,if the light goes out , then that is the correct wire to light up your guage! Happy hunting!:thumb:

Hooty
02-21-2007, 09:53 PM
That's how I did it too. Of course the length of the wires attached is a totally different question in my case....... can we say, RAT'S NEST?

Tony Hanna
02-21-2007, 10:17 PM
This may be from another make of vehicle, so forgive me if my memory is spotty. I'm pretty sure you can just use a fuse tap and take power from the fuse that feeds the instrument lights. Pretty sure it's wired in such a way that the fuse only gets power when the switch is on, so wiring in there will have them turn on/off and dim with the headlight switch. Anybody care to confirm?

89pbody
02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
thanks guys.i found it last night.i have the boost guage all the way hooked up.im going to work on the air fuel next.its amazing how far off my factory guage is from the new one.i thought i was running more boost than i really am.i definately cant wait to put my boost controller on this weekend.does anyone know how to adjust a fuel cutout riser?im putting one of those on too

Tony Hanna
02-22-2007, 04:11 PM
thanks guys.i found it last night.i have the boost guage all the way hooked up.im going to work on the air fuel next.its amazing how far off my factory guage is from the new one.i thought i was running more boost than i really am.i definately cant wait to put my boost controller on this weekend.does anyone know how to adjust a fuel cutout riser?im putting one of those on too

Yep, the stock gauges are pretty bad. The one in my Sundance would read about 4 psi with the engine shut off :) . I think they were in there more as eye candy than anything else.

For adjusting your cutout raiser, Gus did a really good write up on it here.
http://www.gusmahon.org/html/cutout.htm
The first part is about building one and installing it. He goes over dialing it in about halfway down the page.
HTH,

Capt'n Dave
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Good to know info,thanks!:thumb:

Tony Hanna
02-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Good to know info,thanks!:thumb:

You're welcome.:thumb:
I may not be able to remember my own name half the time, but I usually remember right where to go to find TM information. There's gotta be something wrong with that.:o