PDA

View Full Version : MiniScan Beta 1 - Now Available for download...

ShelGame
02-21-2007, 11:03 AM
MiniScan Beta 1 is now ready for download, get it here (http://www.squirrelpf.com/shelgame/MiniScan/MiniScan-Installer.exe).

MiniScan is a simple code reader for Chrysler ECU's (from '85 thru '91 model years). It also has fault code descriptions and trouble shooting tips (courtesy of MiniMopar.net, thanks Russ!).

MiniScan only reads the stored and pending codes. It cannot erase them - yet. Also, MiniScan needs the car to be running to read the codes. Obviously, if you need the codes, your engine may not be running. You can get around this by simply cranking the engine. Even if it doesn't start, the ECU will go into "run" mode and MiniScan should be able to read the codes.

There is a user guide included in the install. But, this is Beta 1, so there is still some work to be done on both the guide and the software.

mcsvt
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I'll install this as well tonight and give it a go. I should finally have time this weekend to play with my diag port wiring.

ShelGame
02-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I just uploaded a new version of MiniScan (still Beta1). Really, just improved the connection speed (much faster now). And, changed the transparency on the buttons so that they look right when pressed/not pressed.

starman
02-28-2007, 11:25 AM
This work on my Palm m505 without problems, I'm still waiting for ttl converter and serial cable
:ballchain:

ShelGame
03-07-2007, 10:36 AM
This work on my Palm m505 without problems, I'm still waiting for ttl converter and serial cable
:ballchain:

Have you tried MiniScan with your car yet? I'd be interested to see if MiniScan works, even though MiniDash doesn't.

starman
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Have you tried MiniScan with your car yet? I'd be interested to see if MiniScan works, even though MiniDash doesn't.

Yes i have tried and the result is the same :(