PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SRT/Modern Mopar Nationals

CSX321
02-17-2007, 12:50 PM
The new year has begun, and so has planning for the 2007 SRT/Modern Mopar Nationals!

2006 was a great event, but 2007 is shaping up to be even better. The core team has increased in number to 6 people, all dedicated to making the event one of the best in the nation for 2007.

Please visit us at www.srtnationals.org or www.modernmoparnationals.org and take a look around.

We're working on an improved schedule that moves the drag racing to the evenings and the parties into the night. The stages will still have a band (Silver Judas Rocks!), but in the heat of the day, we'll make things hotter with a Bikini Contest. (I'm pretty sure that is for females only.)

The Car Show is expanded to not only make it easier to use, will also feature a "Pro" section for those competitors who want to be judged with the best of the best.

It's not just for Neons anymore! 2006 saw the participation of all sorts of modern Mopars, including the classic muscle, rare trucks, Vipers, Shelby Dodges, and the LX platform. We're continuing that trend by catering to the clubs who want to hold their own events inside this one, or just park together.

Be sure to check out the Message Board link on the event website, a dedicated set of forums has been created for the event. From there, we can quickly distribute information about the event without worrying about missing one of the club websites.

Register for the event, and we'll also be able to stay in contact through e-mail as updates occur.

Pre-registration is not required this year, but it is encouraged. Participants who want to attend the banquet must pre-register because the food order goes in about three weeks before the event. Those who choose to register at the event will pay more money at the gate, and not receive all of the benefits of pre-registering. There are several reasons for this, most involve the pre-ordering of vinyl, awards, and other materials.

Want to be more than a Volunteer? The event is run by enthusiasts, and there's always room for more enthusiasts. Just let us know you're available and we'll be more than happy to have you join the team.

Never heard of the event? If it's not on the Web site now, they will be soon, the magazine articles from Mopar Magazine, Grassroots Motorsports, and the SRT Edge.

glhs727
02-18-2007, 03:34 PM
The event was great last year, and should be even better this year!
We have been sponsors of this event since the beginning (April 04) when the srt nationals first started, and now with it's new name, Modern Mopar Nationals.
If you like to road race, drag race or autocross, they have it all.

Rob Pachner and Warren Stramer have both confirmed that they will be back, and likely Stefan will make some exhibition passes along with the Darrell Cox team. We will be there to raod race, drag race and autocross, in addition to our sponsorship. The shelby dodge crowd was well accepted by the promoters last year and really opened some eyes of the other modern mopar owners. So much so that they even have some shelby classes in the car show.

If you like to road race, sign up NOW. Those slots fill up fast. Also make sure you make some reservations at the host hotel. Very nice hotel, and reasonable at $75 per night. Very reasonable prices to race, so sign up early. We hope to see you all there!
Please visit us at www.srtnationals.org or www.modernmoparnationals.org and take a look around.
later,
Cindy

JamesL
02-19-2007, 12:07 PM
If you didn't make it to the last SDAC, then you really missed out. SDAC teaming up with this event was a perfect combination. The track was awesome. The road coarse was in great condition and a lot of fun all over. A long straight lets you really turn it on and the twisties keep your attention. The drag strip had great traction and the guys running the show clearly knew what they were doing. I didn't run in the autocross but from what I hear that was well managed as well. The weather was great and the central location drew a lot of people. Lot's of freebies from the event sponsors was cool also. Now that they've added a Shelby Dodge class or two to the car show, its an all around great time for all turbo Mopars. We hope to see some of you guys back in Topeka this year. I expect its going to be even better this year!

Reeves
07-23-2007, 10:51 PM
It's now Mopars at The Track. It's this weekend in Memphis, TN. Who's going? New thread?

CSX321
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Whoops, I should have updated this thread! :o

Reeves
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Anyone going?

2.216VTurbo
07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Well I suppose I could show up with a rental 300C:D I still have the kit and we never did get to the 125 shot;) Oh wait, taking the kids to Maui that weekend:(

turbovanmanČ
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Topeka to TN, thats a big jump in venue?????? Anyone know why?

fleckster
07-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Cost of the track.

BadAssPerformance
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
...Oh wait, taking the kids to Maui that weekend:(

btw, are looking to adopt a 30-something bald kid? ;)

R/T
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh wait, taking the kids to Maui that weekend:(

MUST DO:

Maui downhill; 38 mile downhill mountian bike ride, YEEEHAAAW, it's a blast.

Form the top of Haliakala volcano - 10,000ft to sea level.... :nod:

Just make sure to use Haliakala Bike Co. - sweet 21 speed bikes, slicks, disc brakes.

turbovanmanČ
07-25-2007, 03:47 AM
Oh wait, taking the kids to Maui that weekend:(

Tell you what, I'll take the kids to Maui, you go to the Nationals, Deal? :thumb:

SebringLX
07-25-2007, 10:55 AM
LOTS of DRAMA on that one. Huge thread on the big change is here: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345515

CSX321
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
You can, of course, discount a lot of what you read on srtforums. :) As was said, it was all about the money. Track and insurance costs for Topeka went up a lot, and we lost a major sponsor from last year's event (Kicker). At that point (end of March) Memphis was the only affordable roadcourse/quarter mile/autocross venue with a date open.