PDA

View Full Version : Add banner

TurboGLH
02-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Looks to be totally messed up. I think the wrong graphics are being served, becuase we've had three or four different images that are obviously not ads for our vendors and in fact the current one now appears to be someones nav bar for their web page.

Frank
02-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Uhhh?????? Screenshots?

Holley
02-15-2007, 08:25 AM
TU is showing here

Frank
02-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Chris, I believe you have adware on your computer. I have seen that stuff in the past replace components on websites - ads and even key word hot links.

Frank

TurboGLH
02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Grrrrrr, normally I'd tell you no chance, I never install random ----, don't run IE, keep Nod32 up to date and run spybot and adaware every couple weeks. But lately my uncle has been visiting more and he keeps downloading and installing ---- on my computer for no reason. I've also got adblock plus installed and blocking ads on almost every site I visit, this being one of the few exceptions. So if something was causing a redirect on the images I wouldn't notice.

The only weird thing is that it would really serve no purpose, it's just random images and they all direct to TM when if you click on them. Screen shot..

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/screenshot.jpg

Murphy
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
i know i dont have anything like that over here

turbovanmanČ
02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I find Spybot doesn't work like it used to, I switched to "spysweeper"

Mucho better.

A friend got me hooked on "Avant Browser" its really need and lets you do multiple screens, different websites at the same time and block crap.