PDA

View Full Version : Chris - are the TU fuel rails anodized inside and out?

Clay
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Or are they anodized at all?

Thats all I need to know.

thanks,
clay

Chris W
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Clay,

All our fuel rails are polished and ready for anodizing. We found that like colors will vary if not anodized in the same batch. If the customer is looking for matching fuel rails and Thermostat housings it is always better to have them done together. If that's not a concern we can have them anodized for you at a nominal charge. Contact us directly for pricing.

Chris-TU

Clay
02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Not worried about color match at all. Im looking into an E85 conversion for my GLHT and for corrosion issues the entire rail (inside and out) needs to be anodized.

thanks!
clay

Frank
02-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Anodized rails protect from that? That is awesome!!!!

johnl
02-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I read something about what they call Type III anodizing as resistant but any surface not anodized is subject to corrosion. So, beware of threads that are cut post-anodizing, or where the anodized surface is damaged during assembly. We've all seen the coupling faces inside AN fittings where the red or blue color is cut through - is that through the anodizing? Enough to worry about?

Zinc plating protects steel too. Same issues with threads and compression fittings.

Gas tanks reliable fuel pumps are a bigger problem.

capev86
02-13-2007, 10:14 PM
get the anodized rail for another project and use an ffv fuel rail for what it was intended...cheap insurance!

Chris W
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Not worried about color match at all. Im looking into an E85 conversion for my GLHT and for corrosion issues the entire rail (inside and out) needs to be anodized.

thanks!
clay

No problem Clay. Just give us a call so we can discuss which color you would prefer.

THANKS for your continued support!

Chris-TU

Clay
02-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks Chris! Ill do that when I get a bit closer, probably mid summer.

as for anodizing not working... its not an issue. Anodizing is not a surface treatment. It has depth, so an exterior scratch doesn't remove the anodizing.