PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Non-A/C crank pulley

The S is Silent
01-19-2006, 10:20 PM
I would like a 5 bolt, non-A/C crank pulley.

I would also like it to be free. But I also understand that sometimes things don't work out the way I want them to, so I will be willing to compensate you monetarily for your crank pulley. If you would prefer to trade said crank pulley for some of the crap in my garage, I would be more than willing to do that. I have a wonderful set of balance shafts with only 40k miles on them that I can ship (you provide your own chain) ;)

I also have some valve covers...and some used headbolts.

:thumb:

GLHS592
01-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Try drilling the spot welds on your A/C crank pulley. The outer pulley will just pop off. If I knew where mine was, I'd send it to you.

The S is Silent
01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks Kevin...I'll give that a shot.

Turbodave
01-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey Matt, if you do find one keep in mind that there are two different 5-bolt pulleys. 88's are 5 bolt but the crank snout is bigger and a commonblock pulley won't fit. Not sure about putting an 88 pulley on a commonblock, haven't ever tried it.

The S is Silent
01-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Thank for the head up, Dave. If I end up getting one and it doesn't fit...I guess we'll find the answer to that.

It's going onto a common block motor for those of you that are still looking through your garages to find me one ;)

The S is Silent
01-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Try drilling the spot welds on your A/C crank pulley. The outer pulley will just pop off. If I knew where mine was, I'd send it to you.

That's a no-go. There really aren't any spot welds to drill out. Although it make me glad that our pulleys are stamped steel. My friend pulled out the pulley from a neon and it was cast!!! It weighed at least 10 lbs or something sick like that!

So......I'm still in the market for a crank pulley!

ShelGame
01-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I've got one posted in the for-sale section. Bead balsted and ready for paint. $10+shipping, I think is what I put on it...

The S is Silent
01-20-2006, 11:38 PM
I've got one posted in the for-sale section. Bead balsted and ready for paint. $10+shipping, I think is what I put on it...

Oh wow...and it's right underneath the master cylinder that I already bought.

I feel sheepish.

GLHS592
01-21-2006, 09:49 AM
That's a no-go. There really aren't any spot welds to drill out. Although it make me glad that our pulleys are stamped steel. My friend pulled out the pulley from a neon and it was cast!!! It weighed at least 10 lbs or something sick like that!

So......I'm still in the market for a crank pulley!

Hmmm. There should be. It seems like there were 5 spot welds, all between the bolt holes. I drilled them out and dropped the pulley on the floor to pop it apart.

ssheen
01-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Not sure if this is helpful but... I had an extra belt spot on my crank pulley that I was never going to use and did not want there. I took the pulley to my machine shop, actually my welder, and he shaved it off for nothing.

The S is Silent
01-21-2006, 07:24 PM
I bought the one shelgame had for sale.

No harm in nice shiney parts. I tried drilling out the spots between the boltholes in my pulley...but nothing. I couldn't get it apart. Oh well...maybe it's something I'll try more later. As for getting it grinded off by my fabricator...I'm going to be bothering him plenty later ;)

GLHSKEN
01-21-2006, 07:31 PM

+1... +2... +3... piece of cake to do

2.216VTurbo
01-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I've found a few of the non AC CB cars in the yards. Funny thing is, they were all Canadian cars, Don't they have summer up north:p

SwiftTech
01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
My friend pulled out the pulley from a neon and it was cast!!! It weighed at least 10 lbs or something sick like that!

Thats cause it is the harmonic dampner too!