PDA

View Full Version : Headlights won't flip up

jre97
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
They worked fine when I went to work this morning, but now when I turn them on they won't flip up. I had to crank them up manually. What would cause them to stop working all at once?

Clay
01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Im guessing this is a daytona? doesnt really matter cause I believe they (G and J body) both used the same system.

There is probably a plastic pin that connects the motor to the drive assembly that has broken. That is IF your motor runs, but the headlights dont flip up.

If the motor doesnt run, it could be the headlight module in the dash.

jre97
01-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes it's a daytona. It happened to both lights at once.

jre97
01-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Ok no noise from the motors. Does that mean it's the module? Can any one give a description of the module and it's location?

Clay
01-19-2006, 11:17 PM
cars had them in different places depending on year. I dont know all of them, in fact, I really only know the 87/88 lebarons at all.

post up your car info, and someone will know

clay

jckrieger
01-20-2006, 12:47 AM
If it's an 87-89 Daytona, the module is where the old mono speaker would be in the center top of the dash inside the car. Normally, the module fails due to a bad solder joint, so if you look at the board after taking the module apart, you can touch up the connections and get another 10 years of use out of it. If it's a 90+ Daytona, the module is somewhere harder to access and I have no idea where it might be.

Bardo
01-20-2006, 02:10 AM
ok dumb question. does your horn still work if not its going to be your fuse. i dont know what one it is but it happended in my daytona.i replaced it and got my headlights and horn back at the same time

Tony Fields
01-20-2006, 11:39 AM
The module is under the plastic top on your dash. Just pry up and the module is in the center of the dash. "Wiggle" the plug in and re-try your lights. I just went thru this on my 1990 GTC VNT LeBaron.

jre97
01-21-2006, 12:07 AM
It's an 88 daytona. It must have been a 24 hour malfunction. They flipped down on their own today when I went to lunch and have been working fine ever since. I guess we'll have to see what tomorrow brings. I jusst love problems that fix themselves:banghead: it makes them that much harder to track down.