PDA

View Full Version : 85 t1 omni to 88 t2 daytona wiring

Stinkbox
01-19-2006, 09:38 PM
umm my buddy has an 85 t1 glht but we have a newer distributor and tps and ais and 1 piece intake mani and 4 wire o2, we also have a 88 t2 shelby z smec with the connectors cut acouple inches out. is there anything out there to show us how to hook up the 88t2 smec into the 85 t1 harness, pin outs or something.
thanks

The S is Silent
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
What you are thinking about doing sounds really, really hard. If you are going to convert the car to SMEC wiring, I'd go ahead and get a full wiring harness from a TII car and swap the entire harness. Then you only have to worry about the bulkhead connector instead of the smec plug.

Subliminal
01-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, a serious +1 on that one, Matt! I can't even imagine trying to do that swap without the proper wires. It's hard enough making the bulkhead work, much less rewiring the entire underhood area.

The original setup has 2 computers. The 88 has one. Right off the batt you've got to reroute like 50% of the wires back across the car.

Either go to a junkyard and look for a turbo car with an smec setup. Pretty much any will work (turbo smec setups from 88-89) or look online for one. They come up all the time.

Or go look in the faq section in this forum and look through the directions for converting to 87 electronics. That one is really easy!

Hope that helps,

The S is Silent
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Look in the parts for sale section here...if there isn't one for sale, post up for one in the parts wanted section.

I have 1 good one and 1 non-functional SMEC harness on the way to my house now. They aren't that hard to come across right now.