PDA

View Full Version : Plugged cat?

85LEBARON
02-10-2007, 04:52 PM
If the exhaust pipe before the cat is hot, the cat is hot but the exhaust pipe after the cat is cool can I interpret that as meaning the cat is plugged? and therefore not permitting exhaust gas to escape efficiently.

turbovanmanČ
02-10-2007, 07:01 PM
If the exhaust pipe before the cat is hot, the cat is hot but the exhaust pipe after the cat is cool can I interpret that as meaning the cat is plugged? and therefore not permitting exhaust gas to escape efficiently.

Could be but best way to check is to drop the DP and go for a drive. I told you it could be plugged, :eyebrows:

85LEBARON
02-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Good day Simon,
I cut the thing out and replaced it with some pipe but it hasn't made any difference. I will check the other items you mentioned.
A nice day to be working on cars.

turbovanmanČ
02-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Good day Simon,
I cut the thing out and replaced it with some pipe but it hasn't made any difference. I will check the other items you mentioned.
A nice day to be working on cars.

Yes and no, lol!

I am just finishing parting out my 87 Z, Its a shame no one wants the leather seats or GFX, oh well, on Monday, it will be crushed. :(

85LEBARON
02-11-2007, 01:11 AM
I finished stripping my 88 ES today and it too will be heading to the crusher in the next week. The K frame is going into my 85 Lebaron and once that is in I have finished beefing up the under carriage. I put the rear axle and the disc brakes on to the Lebaron. Eventually I would like to put in a manual transmission but that will be next year, I want it on the road this year.

turbovanmanČ
02-11-2007, 05:03 AM
I took the rear discs for my 91 Shadow I need to get running and sell. Took the steering column, dash, boost guage, shifter and of course, the engine and trans to sell.