PDA

View Full Version : FWD Mopar nats, Norwalk

turboweasel
02-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I just thought I would spread this along.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329830
Ok we are working out a deal with Norwalk Raceway Park right now for a FWD Mopar event. So far if it happens it would be on a sunday in Sept. of this year and we need some idea on what kinda car count to expect to show up. I don't wanna get to far ahead of myself but right now we are shooting for a car show/ dyno day to be held at the track on saturday, and then racing on sunday. This event is going to be open to Neons, Srt-4's, Old school turbo dodges. We wanna have seprate classes for everyone and a few diffrent quick 8 classes. If this sounds like something you'd come to and race at please let me know so i can give Norwalk a idea on how many cars we could have show up.

Norwalk is now Summit Raceway Park

Rob

BadAssPerformance
02-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Sounds cool. :thumb:

Moved to events section

Clay
02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Sounds good! I would try to be there. Im not that far away.

devlish
02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
i'd be interested if it was in sept. the other months of this summer are all taken for me, but it could be fun. last time i was there was 2001 for the DSM ShootOut. i'd go back!

ohiorob
02-10-2007, 07:45 AM
:thumb: I'll be there.

8valves
02-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Definately on my to-do list.

BIG PSI
02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
I have so many ideas on how to do that Event it would impress you.

Chuck

ps--PM me your phone number and I will give you a call

BadAssPerformance
02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I beleive Lon (DasMopar/DasMotorsports) is the guy actually organizing it.

turboweasel
02-11-2007, 01:36 AM
I beleive Lon (DasMopar/DasMotorsports) is the guy actually organizing it.

Correct,
I just posted it here so there will be more old school cars turbo cars there.
And maybe a few to show what an 8vavle head can do(Aaron Miller).

Rob

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2007, 09:44 AM
And thank you for posting it here! :thumb:

89pbody
02-11-2007, 06:22 PM
id be interested.being that its in sept that would give me time to get some things done.plus im only about 4 hours away from norwalk

Dasmopar
02-12-2007, 01:07 AM
I have so many ideas on how to do that Event it would impress you.

Chuck

ps--PM me your phone number and I will give you a call

Please do tell!!! We are open to all ideas and input. I'm just the front man but my little local club has put a event on for the past few years at norwalk and Norwalk is now offering up a weekend date to us so we wanna open it up to all FWD mopars VS just srt's. Please tell us what you wanna see there to make it a event for the history books. Tyhe goal is to get this event to be something like the DSM shootout without all the breakage.

turboshadow
02-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Sounds like it would be a sweet event I would like to attend:thumb:

BIG PSI
02-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Please do tell!!! We are open to all ideas and input. I'm just the front man but my little local club has put a event on for the past few years at norwalk and Norwalk is now offering up a weekend date to us so we wanna open it up to all FWD mopars VS just srt's. Please tell us what you wanna see there to make it a event for the history books. Tyhe goal is to get this event to be something like the DSM shootout without all the breakage.

The first that that I would suggest is to open this Event to ALL FWD Vehicles no matter what brand. I would let in the Hondas, the Buick Regals, the FWD Mini Van. Remember the more car count you get the better it is for profit and the better your chance for getting a sponsor to help offset the expenses for next year.

Secound, I would have differant Classes for people to run in such as:
HEADS UP on slicks--unlimited power adders
HEADS UP on DOT Drag Radials--unlimited pwer adders
----both of those Classes are on a qualified 16 car field----
They should have a guananted purse as well.

I would start the Eliminations with those cars and the 8 first round losers from both of those classes would roll over into the Bracket Classes.

Third, I would run three Bracket Classes,
One for vehicles on Slicks
One for vehicles on Drag Radials
One for vehicles on regular street tires (NO Drag Radials or Slicks)

If you like theses ideas I will give you more

Regards
Chuck

Dasmopar
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I'm not a big fan of opening it up to all FWD's This event in the past has done alittle better than breaking even. Or goal is to make the event as cheap as we can for everyone but cover our selves also. We have a bank account set up just for this event and what little profit we made last year is still in there and is getting put towards having the shirts made up. So money/profit is not our goal. The idea is to have a event where the FWD mopars can come and race and be the center of attention VS being put on the back burner like we at the mopar nats.

As for the classes you have listed thats kinda what we had in mind.

We where think quick 8 classes though not quick 16. Just because i don't want 15 sec cars getting into the quick classes just because there are not enough cars there.

devlish
02-12-2007, 02:16 PM
i agree, don't open it up to everyone, or it'll be like any usually Test & Tune night out there, but with trophies/$. keeping it Turbo Dodge related makes more sense. do you do a cash purse or trophy for competitors?? or is it just for fun?? shirts are a great idea, as would a few trophies if you don't already do that.

Dasmopar
02-13-2007, 02:23 AM
http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/track_pictures/05-23-

We do trophies for each class winner and runner up, plus a best car award, and a jack --- award for whoever does something stupid. The guy on the left ran over someone else's spare tire and got stuck on it. We had to jack his car up to get him off the spare tire so he won the Jack---- award that year.

We normaly get alot donations from Vendors and either give them away as door prizes or raffle them off. but we have never done cash prizes because for some people 50 bucks can turn them into real jerks and cheaters.

Dasmopar
02-13-2007, 02:26 AM
http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/track_pictures/05-23-05_Midwest_Meet_Track_Day/default.asp?file=05-23-05_Midwest_Meet_Track_Day

devlish
02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
agreed. stick with the trophies. then it's more for fun than money. money can turn people baaaaadddd.... i was going to offer some decals and such from my shop at cost, to help out with the event, but i see ClearLineGraphics does them as well... so never mind! hopefully i can make this event, sounds fun! Norwalk is a fun place IMO