PDA

View Full Version : Field Rampage ?????DC?????

Devsdaytona
02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
ok, I need help identifying a car.

I don't have any pics. But it's a black rampage in a field with a silver stripe down the side, silver below the beltline, the large 2.2L scoop like on charger 2.2's, canopy, front hedight buckets look similar to a SC, but the grill and lower facia are not. I can only see it from a distance cause I though I would see what chance it has of being rare. I f it's worth it, I'll go knock on the door and see if I can get a closer look.

crazy1eye
02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Here's a pic of a DC Rampage, obviously the paint scheme could be anything after all these years, just look at the fire chicken on the hood of this one. Besides that, all else is stock, hood scoop, 1/4 panel side vents, upper spoiler, bed cover with spoiler, lower ground fx & 14" wheels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/crazy1eye/dc6.jpg

DC Turismo
02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes, the DC Rampage would have the long, rocker panel GFX and the Shelby Charger front end (including lower ground effect). As Pat said, it could be any paint scheme, but the black and silver you speak of sounds like a scheme that would have been produced. Regardless, go try your luck and knock on the door! The worst they could do is turn you away :D

Devsdaytona
02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Yup, that's what I saw, except someone put a canopy on it, and I didn't notice any side vents.

Thanks for your help.

I'll go knock on the door and see if I can take a closer look.

Mopar_Nutz
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm guessing it's an 82-83 with a few add on's. Nice find though Devin. I bought my Charger cuz I couldn't find a Rampage. Wonder how rusted it is....? We should make a club car ;)

Did it have the Shelby front end like that one up there or the regular 82-83 nose like this?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2536000-2536999/2536373_24_full.jpg

SL#189
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM
ok, I need help identifying a car.

I don't have any pics. But it's a black rampage in a field with a silver stripe down the side, silver below the beltline, the large 2.2L scoop like on charger 2.2's, canopy, front hedight buckets look similar to a SC, but the grill and lower facia are not. I can only see it from a distance cause I though I would see what chance it has of being rare. I f it's worth it, I'll go knock on the door and see if I can get a closer look.

You didn't happen to see this in a field around Silverdale, WA did you (surrounded by many other TD's in various states of disrepair)? If so, I know which one you're talking about... I have the owner's phone number - I bought a GLH from him 3 weeks ago.

rare_ram
02-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm guessing it's an 82-83 with a few add on's. Nice find though Devin. I bought my Charger cuz I couldn't find a Rampage. Wonder how rusted it is....? We should make a club car ;)

Did it have the Shelby front end like that one up there or the regular 82-83 nose like this?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2536000-2536999/2536373_24_full.jpg

The first pic is just an 82-83 front with a Shelby spoiler, the Shelby front has only 1 row of openings.
Like this.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/732000-732999/732054_36_full.jpg

Devsdaytona
02-08-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm in the BC interior of Canada

I'm gunna knock on the door tommorrow and see if I can take a closer look and get some pics.

Along the line of it's looks, the sillouette of the front looks like the one Ian posted, but it's got a scoop like the red one. It's black with a silver stripe, and the lower portion is silver where the ground effect would/are on the shelby's, I can't see the bottom of the car from the front tire back, and I can barely see the rear because of a shed in the way.

I'm gunna do some research now.

Thanks

Devsdaytona
02-08-2007, 01:16 AM
I was looking at some stuff, and if all the DC rampages had shelby g/f, then this one is probably a 2.2 cause it has the plainer nose and the scoop like a 2.2 charger. Although if it is solid and cheap.:thumb:

Mopar_Nutz
02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Cheap? Probably. Solid? Doubtfull :( L-bodies rust badly enough as it is. Being parked on soft moist ground won't do the floorboards any favours. But I know someone who does bodywork :D

Devsdaytona
02-08-2007, 10:46 PM
nobody home

Sounds like your interested Ian:bounce:

Mopar_Nutz
02-09-2007, 12:11 AM
I got a TII harness, SMEC, T03 and a spare engine with a 555 in the garage. Who wants to play? heheheeh

Devsdaytona
02-09-2007, 12:17 AM
In other words, you want me to get you the address, or there phone number tommorrow.

As much as I would like a Rampage for myself, The Daytona needs new tires and I already have to many cars and my Mom is reaching the limit.

Mopar_Nutz
02-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I still say club car :D though I do love rampages....

85shelbycharger
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
I got a TII harness, SMEC, T03 and a spare engine with a 555 in the garage. Who wants to play? heheheeh

I like your thinking :nod: :thumb:

This thread is really getting me motivated to find out about some of the Rampages I know of around here. Within 20 minutes of my house, I know where nine are sitting (One is a Scamp) :p