PDA

View Full Version : First Thread

Dominic
12-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I've always wanted to be the first to do SOMETHING, and here's my chance...

What do you drive???
What mods have you done???
What mods are you planning???

I have an 1987 Dodge Omni, auto, which is my winter beater.
No mods have been done, none are planned on this ride.

I'm hoping to pick up a 1987 Plymouth Horizon, 5 spd, no P/S, no A/C, no console, hell, she's a radio delete!!!!! She will be hopefully getting a weber 32/36 (maybe 38/38), milled, port/polished 782 head, 1-3/8 runner header, mechanical advance, MSD ingnition (getting rid of whole ECU), on a rebuilt 89 CB. haven't 100% decided on suspension, but the research done on the gen 2 neon struts sounds promising.

Now it's your turn....

Dom

DC Turismo
12-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I started out in my Turismo, but as of September I put her in the garage due to me transferring schools... It is a basic 2.2 N/A with some visual add-on goodies that will be seen in my photo album once I've updated it. Plans for it are top secret lol....

Currently I'm driving my 1990 Daytona Shelby that I picked up this summer to replace the Turismo as my daily driver. Plans for it are to repaint/redecal it in the spring, and swap in a Garret turbo/t2 setup at the same time. I'm also looking into having the pumpers powdercoated black with red CS symbols, so if you know someone or do it yourself, hit me up with a price.

Two really decent cars though that I doubt I'll ever get rid of (the Turismo especially).

And btw Cooter, being the poor college student that I am, I have a nifty dual carb setup that would work excellent on that Omni/Horizon project you're doing up, better yet, it is already equipped with two 32/36 Weber carbs!!! ;) Hit me up if interested.

Next! ->

Black Shelby Z
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Well, I Currently own 3 cars, the first is my 99 sunfire gt 2.4l, 5spd, with lowering springs. mostly stock for the time being, as it's the reliable daily driver.

Second, is my favorite car my 85 Gold Lebaron GTS. details are as follows:

2.5 t-1 engine with t-2 garrett
a523 5spd tranny
stock rad/cooler assembly
custom made lowering springs
17x7 msr 190's with 235/40zr17 tires
4 wheel discs

And my 3rd car is my 88 plymouth Reliant details are as follow too.

89 2.2 t-2 common block
stock t-2 rad/cooler
89 t-2 wiring harness
87 t-1 a413 tranny
everything else is stock 88 reliant, steelies and hubcaps and all.

Later,
Steve Z

BigAl
12-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I currently drive a 1991 POS Grand Am, but I think I am getting a 88 Daytona when tax refund time comes. I just found out someone I work with still has his for sale. Its a base model with the turbo engine.

LeGweg
12-20-2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/436253

Dominic
12-21-2005, 09:41 AM
And btw Cooter, being the poor college student that I am, I have a nifty dual carb setup that would work excellent on that Omni/Horizon project you're doing up, better yet, it is already equipped with two 32/36 Weber carbs!!! ;) Hit me up if interested.

Hey Billy, also being a poor college student, there would be a slim chance in hell that I could pick them up off you, but for toots and giggles, PM me with the details.

Thanks.

Dom

3Bar_Mopar
12-21-2005, 02:30 PM
My ride(s):

1. 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby T1 automatic. Black with black leather interior and power everything.
Mods are: '88 roller cam, 180 degree T-stat, open downpipe, bleed to 13 PSI, A/C removed, rear seats removed...
Future mods include: Forward Motion Enforcer turbo/stainless braided lines, alchohol injection, Mishimoto intercooler, rebuilt trans, Socketed and D-cal'd.
I'm looking for 300+ wheel torque.

I got this car for practically nothing with an assumed blown headgasket. I replaced everything on the cooling system to see if it really was the headgasket. I drove it for awhile and the temp gauge still did a little dance to the red and back down....I bit the bullet and fixed the headgasket and drove it some more. Temp guage still flux0rd, missing and bubbling coolant....then I found a freeze plug leaking.
I fixed that and blew out two more plugs. I replaced those and everything seemed fine....until...I got onto the interstate. Temp would rise the faster I went, then when I'd slow down or stop, temp would return to normal. Temp stayed "cold" in around town driving....but shot up if doing sustained interstate driving.

I have come to the harsh realization that the head is either cracked or warped.
It will be replaced with the van's head.

2. 1989 Plymouth Voyager Turbo.
Mods are/were: Forward Motion Enforcer turbo/stainless braided lines, copper head shim to lower compression, F0rd Probe intercooler mounted in the grill, removed all seats except the two fronts, removed A/C and power steering, and boost set to 14 PSI.
I killed piston #1 at some point and it gouged the cylinder wall.
I found this when swapping to the Enforcer turbo (much to my dismay) and decided to install it anyway since the van ran great up to that point and I was broke, having spent all my money on the turbo and swap.
The van ran OK after the turbo install, but got worse and power seemed WAY down.
I finally parked the van after coating the engine bay with oil under boost a couple times....popped dipstick and everything.
The head/turbo/lines from the van, as well as the trans is going in the Daytona.

Tony Fields
12-21-2005, 02:34 PM
My rides are: 1988 Daytona Shelby Z TII, bored .040 o.s.,dual boost control (Gus) 7 to 14.5 p.s.i. Z Racing Wheels, Overhead Console, 12 Button Travler,
2-gauge pod on the window trim

1988 Daytona Shelby Z TII Totally stock Black, Leather, Air Bag, Sound, Sound and Shade Pkg.

1989 Dodge Caravan Turbo I 1968 Hemi Dart Hood Scoop (Functional)
11.5 p.s.i. (non-intercooled) A-413 auto, 1988 Shelby Z wheels with Dunlop 225-50 x 15" tires.......This is a fun ride....I get a lot of stares then I hit the gas!

1990 Black Chrysler LeBaron GTC VNT Convertible, Totally stock with the Infinity II and factory CD Player, Turbo boost is 12 p.s.i. (Hot Rod Power Tour car)

These Turbo cars are so much fun.....I owned 6 Corvettes in my younger years (2) 61's (3) 64's and a '69 Not "dogs" (2) had 365 h.p. (2) had 300 h.p. and one had 315 h.p.
and I must say the Turbos rule when it comes to performance!

boostedblue
12-21-2005, 04:02 PM
MY 87 white l-body 4-dr had a NA motor with MP ign. comp, K&N filter and GLH-T shocks and struts lasted 227000 miles saw a Blue GLH-T once finally got it 2 yrs ago (only 39000miles )so far only MP comp. and K&N filter, more in summer 06, bb:eyebrows:

5sp. mini
12-26-2005, 12:46 AM
daily driver 89 CARVAN ES mods 2.2 with garrett, intercooled ,5sp. i run ninja wheels in the summer/ egg shells in winter. has KYB daytona struts/springs. all new ball joints and bushings. this is a fun ride/ #2 88 DAYTONA SHELBY Z no mods to say just a set of pumpers / was a va. car all works no rust just needs paint:( #3 my wifes 91 SHADOW VERT. mods T2 rad/intercooler/2.5 30 over with all new parts/ this is a 5sp vert with all the ops. going to be a real nices car one day.:eyebrows: #4 if this counts 71 demon sec. owner 360 4sp. this was a old lady car from tampa fla. was bought new in Plant City. still has fac. paint. was a 3sp on the coulum car with rubber floor mats. buttescotch color paint with black int.#5 96 town/c 5 door van. kid hauller #6 77 f150 4+4 351m/4sp.warner lockouts.shotbed. thanks all folks. AL p/s tony the hoods new on the van :cool: looks good.

myplasticegg
01-01-2006, 06:49 PM
1) 1993 Geo Metro. 3cyl/5spd. 206k miles
Mods: Wrong color hood (the chalkboard painted one flew off while driving)
Nothing is planned for the car mod wise other then making it very ugly with the use of fog lights and a roll cage. The fogs will be big ones roof/hood mounted.

2) 1989 Voyager SE T1/A555
Bought from a board member with a "fresh rebuild" blew up 8 days after I bought it. Rebuild is in the process (block should be back from machine shop in 5 days) Hope to have it running before Feb.
mods: Garrett/.63 hot side. 2.5" exhaust/SV, probe IC, turboXS RFL, Vac block, gauges in the idiot light spot(sexy)
plans: get it running... sell it.... put money into my V8 build...

3) 1974 Datsun 260Z 2.6L/3spd auto
Mods: Tokico springs/struts, MSA camber plates, american racing wheels, EL gauge faces.
Restored: Recovered seats, new carpet, dash cap(hard plastic)
Plans: built 302 CHEVY/T56 or WCT5. 17" wheels with wide tires (245) R200 LSD rear end(87 300ZXT) bodywork/paint

http://boomspeed.com/12lettername/datsun.jpg

mech1nxh
01-14-2006, 11:17 AM
1988 little ram...d/d with 345k and counting
project 1)...85 "g" soon to have hybrid TII 555
project 2)...67 barracuda rotessire resto/
already has 318/340heads, small bellhousing 727
340 T/A exhaust manifolds, K/H 4 piston disc
8 3/4 diff

The S is Silent
01-14-2006, 11:31 AM
My daily driver is a 2.2L a568 Dodge Caravan. I bought this a year and a half ago with plans to make it into a terror, but after the engine died, I put the 2.2 in just to get it running...and it's running so well I see no point in tearing into it again while I have another car sitting. So, no plans for this one.

My other car is an 86 Charger. I have been working on this one for a couple of years...time has been the issue with working and going to school. It started out as a TII a555 conversion, but now it's turning into MUCH, MUCH more. I'm putting in a 2.5L shortblock with only 40K miles on it. On top of that, is going to be a Menegon head with a TU SS header and a T3/T4 50 trim stg 2 turbo with a .63AR housing. I might put the .48 housing back on if the .63 is a little laggy on the street. This is all going to be controlled by SMEC electronics. The transmission (0 miles on the Cliff Ramsdel rebuild) is going to get a 3rd gear bearing support plate so I don't blow it up. And while I'm putting that in, I'm considering converting it to 3.50 fd with a quaife from a neon helping to put the power to the ground. The setup should make good power and be very streetable at 14psi.

GLHS592
01-14-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a Shelby Charger. I kinda fixed it up a little. I'm planning to buy a wideband O2 datalogger and an enclosed car trailer for it.

85shelbycharger
01-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I have an 85 Shelby Charger that I use as my daily driver. Only modifications are a Mopar Performance Computer and a Walbro 255 fuel pump. Oh and I removed the nonfunctioning A/C when I put the car on the road.

Then we have my 86 Shelby Charger that is sort of a long term restoration that will probably never get done. I keep pushing it onto the back burner so I can get other things done.

My 87 Shelby Lancer I am working on right now. I have put together an '89 2.2 T2 motor from an '89 Daytona Shelby. I added the 2 piece intake, FWDP ported exhaust manifold, FWDP stainless turbo lines, FWDP Stage 3 Cal, MP +20% injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, and custom 3 inch exhaust so far. Motor isn't in but should be shortly as I just finished putting it together this afternoon.

Then finally I have my 90 Daytona Shelbly. It is completely stock with the exception of a Mopar Performance computer. I have a VNT rad/ic combo that I will be swapping in evenutally. The car itself is completely restored and it just sits in the garage under a cover.

Black'sBlue04
01-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Drive the 93 Caravan......completely stock 3.0...nice metallic green with tinted windows.

Also the 04 SRT4.....Stage 1, MSD Ignition and wires, FranMan BOV Plate, Prothane MM Inserts, Blue Silicone Hoses, Mopar STS w/Booger Bushings....Electric Blue w/ Black Factory Rims

Garage Queen is the all original 68 Satellite...55K actual miles, 318 2bbl with working A/C...White w/Green Interior

Dodge Aries K
01-23-2006, 03:50 AM
My daily driver is the "TEAM AENOY" 1992 Dodge Shadow ES with 2.5L of fury in TBI form with a a523 trans for excellent gas mileage. Car is a restoration in progress and runs excellent. 167,000 miles on that and no clicks/knocks/clacks of any kind. Has options that the car never came with, like power enthusiast seats and other stuff.

Summer toy is my 1988 Chrysler LeBaron convert that I got from a fellow board member but it isn't happy right now so due to various parties selling/giving me parts to fix her up, she'll live once again! 2.5L Turbo I engine with a sweet A413 built for racing. In the process of fixing up the car. Already have a garrett turbo on there when I got it, just need an intercooler now.

The garage queen is a one of a kind 1985 Dodge Aries K coupe named Kristy (after the movie Christine) with a 4 speed on the floor manual transmission, gunmetal blue paint, 2.2L carbed motor, cloth charcoal/gray bench seats, super freakin base model car. No radio, no power steering, no NOTHING. 21,970 ORIGINAL miles. This car is my pride, joy, and life. :)

See them all at http://www.cardomain.com/id/aenoymotors

slasky
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
I have a Shelby Charger. I kinda fixed it up a little.
Wow the biggest understatement ever!

1. 1985 shelby charger- 89 common block, .020 coated venolias, ported exhaust, t2 turbo- soon to be upgraded to a super 60, spearco intercooler, 555 tranny.

2. 2004 srt4 - 100% stock slow daily driver

3. 1984 daytona turbo z- 58k original miles form the original owner. Only mod is a MP computer. I still need to pick this car up from long island. I plan on cleaning it up and keeping it stock.

10G OMNI
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I drive a 85 GLH Turbo,i call it a GLH SS

The mods ive done are everything but the intake,intill FWD sells the new one.
568 3:50 OBX-Progressive Alky-AVCR-MSD-Wideband-konis-sperco-50trim
I will never trailer my car unless it breaks,its a street machine that i race a few times a year,not my daily driver but it could be since i drive it everyday allmost and drive it fast and fearless om my hwy circut.
Iam thinking about putting 18 rims on my GLH with konis,i have 17 on now,other than that iam all done,iam mean there is nothing left to change/add.

PUNKSLIP
04-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey Pooter, 'nuff said, our countries unemployment rate is at 4.7%, statiscally higher than 100%, lose that cute little anti Bush BS you got goin, and grow up. If anyone needs pissed on, it is those little spineles jokes that mass in the streets and protest that our countries allow us. I don't care if I get kicked off this site, but let me make myself clear, I am not happy with your little anti Bush intro.

John O. Crete Ne. USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominic
04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey Pooter, 'nuff said, our countries unemployment rate is at 4.7%, statiscally higher than 100%, lose that cute little anti Bush BS you got goin, and grow up. If anyone needs pissed on, it is those little spineles jokes that mass in the streets and protest that our countries allow us. I don't care if I get kicked off this site, but let me make myself clear, I am not happy with your little anti Bush intro.

John O. Crete Ne. USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww....TOO BAD!!!!!

Wizard
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
First time here, been allpar poster for few years and did some on turbododge.com.

Daily driver/first car since early Sept '06: basic plymouth voyager caravan 1987 2.2L with horrible holley 5220 carb and trusty 3 speed auto. Bought it hopefully a 2.5L TBI but body is primo so I can't be chooser so I got it with 2.2. :) In 2004, worked on it a lot to get it running healthy. Was hacked carb (changed it for another), leaking manifold gasket fixed, redid all hoses, new EGR etc. Passed emissions too! (new cat).

Cheers, Wizard

JeremyL
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
I've had a few TD's through the years, but I've sold off everything but my 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S. I've had the car since 1990 & I'm kinda attached to it. It's a factory black with gold wheel car & has every option, t-tops, digital dash, leather, the works. I was kinda rough on it in high school, and I put it in 8 year storage till June 2005.

Currently it's got a MP computer, MBC, and a stock 84 drivetrain. I've got another short block almost done with ceramic coated piston tops, moly coated skirts, and ARP wave-loc rod bolts. The head isn't done yet, but it'll be a G head with ceramic coated valve faces, combustion chambers, and exhaust ports. The car is still a draw through T-1 setup, but I think I'll go ahead & convert to T-2 & add the later intake setup & intercool it if I can find all the pieces.

I'd eventually like to pick up both an 86 & 87 GLHS, and a 89 CSX if I can.

devlish
12-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Car 1: 1993 Plymouth Laser RS-T (http://webpages.charter.net/devlish)

Car 2: 1991 Honduh Civic Hatch

Car 3: 1986 GLH-T, TII (http://webpages.charter.net/devl1sh)

Car 4: 1985 GLH-T (www.projectglh.com)

~~~~~~~~~~

Car 1:'93 Laser RS, Evo VIII Big 16G turbo, fully ported EVO manifold, ported turbo housing & ported EVO 02 housing, 3x12x14 FMIC with 2.5" Hardpipes all the way, full 2.5" turbo back exhaust, walbro 190lph, 550cc injectors, Apexi AFC, Centerforce DF Clutch, Progress Group Springs, front/rear strut bars, Full competition Audio System & Show winning fiberglass install (by me) using ALL /////ALPINE Audio gear. Custom PPG Radiant Fire Red paint, shave handles, body kit, rims, blah blah blah...

Car 2: '91 Honduh Civic, Daily Driver, stock. sub/amp stolen last year about this time, exahaust patched twice in the past 30days,

Car 3. '86 GLH-T (my baby, full restore last 16months... ) Upgraded to TII electronics with 1 piece intake & FMIC, 2.5" Hardpipes, BOV, 255Walbro, +40's, Accufab AFPR, Controlled with FWD-P TrimCal & 3bar map; Stock A525 Trans w/ Heim joint shifter links and T2/T3 clutch; 2.5" Turboback exhaust, front strut bar, poly bushings throughout, SLH-1 Brakes w/ SS braided lines, hawk pads; Boost/Oil Press/EGT Gauges; possibly forgetting a few other things...

currently in the mail or awaiting install this winter: chromoly trans plate & girdle, Underdrive pully, ARP Head Studs, fully ported exhaust manifold & turbo housing, wideband 02; possibly more, I lose track sometimes.

Car 4. '85 GLH-T, stock. mostly. completely rebuilding for SCCA Stock Class, check the webpage for a TON of pics & updates on the rebuild/build-up process. www.projectglh.com

later
~Kurt