PDA

View Full Version : 91 Shadow Headlights Won't Come On

Captain Chaos
02-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I did a N/A to turbo swap on a 93 Shadow convertible. I used a 91 turbo engine harness. Now with that said, I have no headlights,high or low beam, parking lights, turn signals, or flashers. I have a factory service manual I've been looking at and tested the switch. I have power going in and power coming out. I have no power to the headlight bulb connector. I have dash lights, interior lights and taillights.(didn't think to check brake lights:o ) The FSM says there is a ground wire with an eyelet on it for the headlights by the left and right splash shield. Its been about six months to a year since I pulled the N/A harness out, but I don't remember any wires down there. I do have a small gauge black wire with eyelet that is grounded right beside the SBEC and the shock tower, and one on the passenger side just ahead of the ported vacuum switches. Other than a few odds and ends that need buttoning up this thing is almost ready to go. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:thumb:

Captain Chaos
02-06-2007, 09:00 AM
:bump2:

Captain Chaos
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
So here's another thought. Even if the ground strap wasn't attached, wouldn't there still be power to the connector, just no ground to light up the light?

JDAWG
02-07-2007, 05:42 PM
more than likley, but there should be a ground on each side inner fender

Captain Chaos
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM
more than likley, but there should be a ground on each side inner fender

Where on the inner fender? I don't see anything.:o

JDAWG
02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I can take a pic on my 88P but it may be different since your is newer

Captain Chaos
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
I can take a pic on my 88P but it may be different since your is newer

If its not too much trouble that would be great.