PDA

View Full Version : cross drilled holes really important?

cs daytona
02-02-2007, 11:43 PM
my t2 2.2 replacment short block is from an 89 tbi 2.5 cb. the only year that did not have the cross drilled holes (as per dodge garage). i'm gonna replace my tbi pistons with turbos next week (as i got flamage for running a t2 setup with tbi short block).

my question is, is it really important that these hose be there? will 400+ hp (over time) require these cooling ports? i read the some posts about drilling your own but one said it might be more prone to cracks there.

thanks
travis

turbovanmanČ
02-03-2007, 04:32 AM
Well some experts say it does help drop the temp between cylinders. I honestly don't know but if they were obviously put there for a reason. I would put them in the block but not the head. If running a 005 gasket, it will connect the CD's to the cooling system and you'll get the benefit of them.

cs daytona
02-04-2007, 01:15 AM
i'm just wondering if i need to drill my block or if i'll be ok with it the way it is. the head is already drilled as it is my original t2 head.

turbovanmanČ
02-04-2007, 02:13 AM
I would drill the block.

I know the small block Chev 400 has it done from the factory and some hi po guys do it to the 350 when warming it up.