PDA

View Full Version : L Body Center Console Upgrade

zark
01-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm toying with the idea of hacking in a more modern center console in my L body. The first that comes to mind is the 1st gen neon with the parking lever in the middle, followed by the 2nd gen and use the neon parking brake lever.
My question is; anyone here with a Neon and an L body to take some measurements and a feasibility assessment?

I really want a nice cup holder and a cubby for my stuff..... :)

cordes
01-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm toying with the idea of hacking in a more modern center console in my L body. The first that comes to mind is the 1st gen neon with the parking lever in the middle, followed by the 2nd gen and use the neon parking brake lever.
My question is; anyone here with a Neon and an L body to take some measurements and a feasibility assessment?

Are you trying to say that the awesome cup holders in the center console of the L-bodys is inadiquate.:D

Keito
01-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I wanted a better shifter for the auto in my
GLH, so I installed a Shadow shifter and console.

zark
01-19-2006, 12:20 PM
I wanted a better shifter for the auto in my
GLH, so I installed a Shadow shifter and console.

With armrest? If so, what did you do with the parking brake?

8valves
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Zark, aren't you from Rochester, MI? Or a very close area? I remember that picture and that name rings a bell to someone that was supposed to be close to Cordes and I.

Sorry, but no I don't have a neon to compare to.

Aaron Miller

TurbododgePirate
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM

I'd like to know how yours turns out. I woudl do one myself, but I REALLY want to keep the center console in my charger