PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Dodge 600

85_600
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
**Location = Northern Ohio - Medina County**

I am selling a 1985 Dodge 600. It currently has 46K miles on it. As far as I know this is an accurate count of mileage.

The main problem with this car is the compression. It reads as follows, from the passenger side to the drivers side:

150, 90, 125, 120

The 90 psi cylinder, when oil was added, went up to 100 – 105 psi. So, it’s at least a ring problem, if not more.

The other problem area is the suspension. Nothing big, it just needs new shocks and struts.

Other than that, the shell of this 600 is VERY NICE. There is only one small “spec” of rust on the drivers door where the window – door – body meet. There is also a “bump” on the trunk lid like something was inside the trunk when the lid was shut and it hit the inside of the lid.

Otherwise the car is very clean. To see some pictures of it click here:

Dodge 600 Pictures (http://www.wadsnet.com/~megadeus/600/)

Those were taken by the previous owner “yogurtslinger”.

The only changes I have done on the 600 is to add wiper squirters to the hood, one on either side of the hood vents, and I replaced the Speed Sensor, thinking that may have been the idle problems that the low compression is causing.

I put a feeler post up in the “Lounge” on TurboDodge but only got one response, basically saying the shell of the 600 is worth at least $1000. So, I’ll start the price off at say, $1500, “knowing full well that the engine has a compression problem”…

I'm also including an assortment of T2 parts which includes a 1 piece intake, fuel rail, exhaust manifold and 2 52mm throttle bodies.

I will consider all offers.

Thanks!
Paul

Keito
01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Nice car.
If it helps, I have a complete front clip, doors, and trunk lid from
a black 600 Convertable. All parts are rust free and 1 hour west of Medina.