PDA

View Full Version : Cool Aerial Photo of FWD Performance

JamesL
02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I thought it was cool that this guy showed up to sell me some pictures of our shop. I remember that helicopter but didn't think much of it and then he shows up with the pictures. It shows the extension we made to the shop that we bought as well as Cindy and I arguing about what too do with our scrap metal pile. You can't tell from the picture but we have a burn-out pit and a 60 foot marker. I have provisions for electronics to be installed but I haven't done it yet. It's a long concrete drive with lots of bite but depending on your car you have to be quick on the brakes if you are bad enough to have to hit second gear. I've practiced my launches and we've done some tuning there. I thought I'd share one with you. Sorry I haven't had time to install a swimming pool.

Best Regards,
James Lindsay
FWD Performance, Inc.
www.fwdperformance.com (http://www.fwdperformance.com)
281-288-4411
http://www.fwdperformance.com/images/image11.jpg

Mike_Shepard
02-01-2007, 12:40 PM
kick --- picture cindy

Subliminal
02-01-2007, 12:42 PM
That is a cool picture.

What's with the ugly yellow car in the front, though?:angel:

Frank
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
So who one that arguement?

Subliminal
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
How much for the old chevy parked out front?

JamesL
02-01-2007, 01:30 PM
So who one that arguement?
Exactly whom you might expect.

slasky
02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Exactly whom you might expect.
Cindy?

JamesL
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
That is a cool picture.

What's with the ugly yellow car in the front, though?:angel:

Cindy's SRT-4 was a kick --- car at SDAC-16. I had a blast running that thing around the track and came within a .002 of winning the bracket race with it. I actually crossed the line first but didn't get to the brake fast enough. I caught him and passed him by a bumper at the line. I had just enough time to lift but not brake. I beat the crap out that car that weekend with no issues. We put the street tires back on it and carry the kids to school with it. Solid Car. :thumb:

JamesL
02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Cindy?

Alright, your going to force it out of me. It was a compromise heavily swayed in her favor.

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Neat picture :thumb:

devlish
02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
AWESOME PHOTO! but where's the FWD Dyno Center banner?? shouldn't that have been up about that time??

JamesL
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
How much for the old chevy parked out front?
It's not our truck and I've never asked. If you'd like I could get you a phone number.

JamesL
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
AWESOME PHOTO! but where's the FWD Dyno Center banner?? shouldn't that have been up about that time??
The Banner is in my office right now. I'm a little miffed to say the least that I've had the unit in the ground for a few months but, the manufacturer still has not sent me some of the electronics I need. Revisions of some sort is the excuse. :banghead: I expect to have them next week. I also got ripped off by a sign maker who was supposed to make me an extension to our building signs. They were to read "Automotive Performance Dyno Tuning & Fabrication". I made the mistake of paying him in full upfront. He never showed up with the signs and his numbers are all "no longer in use".:mad:

8valves
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
The Banner is in my office right now. I'm a little miffed to say the least that I've had the unit in the ground for a few months but, the manufacturer still has not sent me some of the electronics I need. Revisions of some sort is the excuse. :banghead: I expect to have them next week. I also got ripped off by a sign maker who was supposed to make me an extension to our building signs. They were to read "Automotive Performance Dyno Tuning & Fabrication". I made the mistake of paying him in full upfront. He never showed up with the signs and his numbers are all "no longer in use".:mad:

What type of dyno is it, out of curiosity?

devlish
02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I also got ripped off by a sign maker who was supposed to make me an extension to our building signs. They were to read "Automotive Performance Dyno Tuning & Fabrication".

that sucks man!!! well, if you want a small 2x8 banner to hang under that current one with that message on it, you know who to call (or have cindy call). hopefully you get your electronics soon so you can put that Dyno to use!!!

JamesL
02-03-2007, 05:50 PM
What type of dyno is it, out of curiosity?
Dynocom DC-1800X with Eddy Current Brake. I’ve got mine setup as an in-ground unit. It's a great product and despite the delivery problems they are a good company. If you are in the market I highly recommend them. The tuning capabilities available with the controller electronics coupled with data acquisition and great software make a potent platform. They’ve even incorporated some of our suggestions into the newest software. I'll post some pics when I finally have it running. It's been really frustrating considering I paid them in full about six months ago, got the main unit 3 months ago but I still don't have the electronics. I'm trying to be really patient with them as we have developed a business partnership. We spent quite a bit of time with them at PRI in Orlando last month and they are going to help out with the Team FWD Performance racing programs. Anyway here are some details. Check them out at www.dynocom.net and tell them FWD Performance recommended you.

Product Description: The DC-1800X series is the world's best built chassis dynamometer in its class at any price. The DC-1800X series is capable of supporting speeds up to 225 and 1200+ HP. The maximum axle weight is 10,000 lbs and the track width range 30"-102". The DC-1800X series chassis dyno's are also upgradeable for the DC-PAU-500 eddy brake for steady state testing, which can support an additional 500 HP. The DC 1800X comes standard with our X Factor Knurling option which provides the highest traction over all other competitors. The optional eddy brake assembly sits directly on the shaft between the two rolls - no need to couple with a belt or universal joint all power is directly transferred from the wheels to the load cell.

The DC 1800X series can be coupled with any other Dynocom Chassis Dynamometer (3000, 2400, 1800 or 1500) for All-Wheel-Drive Testing. The optional DC-AWD-VLINK and DC-AWD-TRACK is available for automatic wheelbase and speed synchronization between the units.

Bubba
02-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Awesome picture! It's nice to know my head's getting worked on in a place like that...nice and cozy! Can't wait!

SteveReject
03-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Good looking shop, i'll be doing business with you in the next month! Glad to know it's from a decent looking place!