PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a cummins pre 94

WickedShelby88
01-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Well I've been debating getting another vehicle in the form of a truck. Being as its tax time and all my bills will be paid up to the point I will be in the market for something. Anyhoo whats too much for a good ole diesel dodge in the older body style. Also how are the auto's in those? I'm kinda weary of something with that much torque and an automatic trans.:confused: I've looked at some that had over 300k that still ran good. What kind of mileage should I look for in a truck that will be my daily driver? I'm unfamiliar with diesels in that I don't know how long they should last what to look for etc. any info is appreciated.:thumb:

Thanks, Joseph

Vigo
01-31-2007, 09:03 PM
heh, they are pretty underwhelming stock, so 'tranny busting torque' isnt something you're gonna feel in the seat of the pants when stock. i dont know actual values, but i would pay 7k for a perfect truck in the common bodystyles, maybe 10k for a perfect ext cab 5-spd dually (PERFECT!!! price drops dramatically if its obviously been used, lol).

on average, of the well-used ones ive seen, probly 3.5 to 4k$ for an old work truck with 150-250k miles.

this is my opinion based on what i've seen of these trucks, working in a tranny shop and rebuilding their transmissions and driving them.

WickedShelby88
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Right on.. Thanks for the advice. I think I'm may be waiting for the nice truck that I want. I'd rather be patient for a nice one then jump in and get something used I don't end up driving as much as I work on it..