PDA

View Full Version : no more cat!!!!

zmans shelby
01-29-2007, 07:09 PM
hey there! i dont know why i waited this long to ditch my catalytic converter. it made such a difference in performance. and my boost went up a few psi's. anyone else see such a difference??????

Clay
01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
moved to exhaust section

turbovanmanČ
01-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, its called old, small plugged up cat. Install a large exhaust system and a high flow cat and you won't even know its there. :nod:

BadAssPerformance
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Definitely an old cat is a restriction, but a new one can be too, especially if you are pushing a lot of boost. Maybe won't notice it if it is a 4" cat, even a high flow 2.5" or 3" is a cork.

mcsvt
01-29-2007, 07:46 PM
To think the guy that helped me with my exhaust said that I will go faster with the cat in... After stating my reasoning he wouldn't budge, so I smiled and nodded :nod:

ShelbyZD
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
A ride always makes a believer. ;D

hey there! i dont know why i waited this long to ditch my catalytic converter. it made such a difference in performance. and my boost went up a few psi's. anyone else see such a difference??????

I hope you have at least an Air Fuel guage.. Extra boost and bigger exhaust passages can = melted pistons.

amcpacer
02-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I just got a cat installed on my car today. It did not have one previously. The stock one was plugged up and I took it off. This new one is a 2.5" in and out. Car is still very fast and now the exhaust is quieter. Plus less pollution. Wow the exhaust smelled so bad before like un-burnt gas. Lots of carbon monoxide too! Now the car is much better for me and you.

Put your cat back on zman the car will still be fast!