PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid obsevations....

R/T
01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
So now I have a 16v head, an SRT turbo, and a CB shortblock.

I can loosely bolt it togeather and here's some things I see:

1. Gonna be a tight fit in a K car - from the spark plug centerline of the DOHC head to the tip of the SRT turbo = 13 inches. From SOHC cam centerline to firewall on the Woody wagon = 13 inches. No way the SRT turbo would fit in an L body.

2. Need to make custom cam pullys for now using 8v wheels and 16v centers.
Adjustables later.

3. By plugging up all the oil drainbacks in the block, there is now no seperate path for cranking pressure to get out the PCV valve / valve cover other than up through the external oil drainbacks - anyone have any issues here??

4. I think my drainbacks will be on the *sides* of the head, nice flat areas there to tap....

What do ya think??? :)

turbovanmanČ
01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Well you can buy the cam gears already, theres a ton of info in the beginning of this section regarding the plugs so basically, your most of the way done, :thumb:

Pat
01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
3. By plugging up all the oil drainbacks in the block, there is now no seperate path for cranking pressure to get out the PCV valve / valve cover other than up through the external oil drainbacks - anyone have any issues here??

What do ya think??? :)

Depending on where you're going to run the distributor, you could tap the front of the block in the stock drainback passagefor you pvc system...same way the T-III blocks are set up.

lancer402
01-30-2007, 02:01 AM
r/t

glad to see you found a head.

as far as the crackcase presure goes, I have a line on the front of the block from around the oil pump drive shaft area to the head. Since it on the front of the head it is above the oil which may be in the head. I made it 3/8" and will go 1/2" next time. Not having any problems though.

what intake are you going to use?

andy

R/T
01-30-2007, 01:17 PM
r/t

glad to see you found a head.

what intake are you going to use?

andy

After shopping around, the 2001 Stratus head was the best unit to get, I'm glad I went with it. ;)

Intake manifold is still the missing link, I'll need to go "shopping" for an aluminium unit, the Strat had a plastic one.

I would like to get a better look at your setup now that I have most all the pieces in hand.... :nod:

ShelGame
01-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Intake manifold is still the missing link, I'll need to go "shopping" for an aluminium unit, the Strat had a plastic one.

I've got an aluminum manifold from a '97 Stratus. You want it? Or is the flange different - I can't remember...