PDA

View Full Version : Can I use this burner?

Turbodave
01-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I picked up an older BP Microsystems BP-1200 burner from a lab they were cleaning out at work. It's got a 48 pin socket module on it. Connects to PC with printer cable and has it's own power. The unit looks to be in excellent condition, however I don't have any software to run it. Is it worth trying to track down software for this thing?

lametec
01-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Software and a bunch of other misc in this folder:

ftp://www.bpmicro.com/Dnload/

bpw_v4650.exe is the latest stable release of the BP Windows software. Not sure if it supports your BP-1200, though. You might need an older version (like the bpw.exe file).

Turbodave
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Software and a bunch of other misc in this folder:

ftp://www.bpmicro.com/Dnload/

bpw_v4650.exe is the latest stable release of the BP Windows software. Not sure if it supports your BP-1200, though. You might need an older version (like the bpw.exe file).

Thanks!

MiniMopar
01-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a similar old-skool programmer (EMP-10). It is a "dumb" parallel port programmer, which means the timings are driven directly by the software. I've had lot of trouble programming 28 and 29 series flash chips when I use the software in Windoze 2000 and XP. I had to install Windows 98 on my old laptop to get it to work reliably. It programmed 27 series UV-EPROMs just fine (that's what you'll find in the 86/87 LMs), as they don't have any minimum timing requirements.

Just FYI, as the 28/29 series chips are nice in that you don't need a UV eraser.