PDA

View Full Version : Mopar performance Computers?

Capt'n Dave
01-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Hello,I am looking to buy a mopar Perf. comp. the owner said he tried it in his 87 shelby , I have an 86 T1 turbo,will the computer still work in a t1 or t2? I do not have a intercooler set up... Thanks,:confused:

sdac guy
01-26-2007, 09:58 AM
If it is the MP computer for the 87 CSX, Lancer, etc it is strictly 87 T2 compatible. If it is for an 87 GLHS then it is good for an 86 GLHS also.

But for an 86 T1 you need the MP 86 T1 computer as that is the only one that will work with your idle speed motor and is correct for the wiring in your car. If you change to the later intake & throttle body and add the needed wiring to make it 87 compatible, then you could use an 87 MP computer.

Barry

Capt'n Dave
01-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks,according to the owner he says it says on the box it is for a 86-87 t1 turbo,so i think i will try it out,the price is right...I tried 2 from FWD performance,and for some reason,maybe on my part,Cindy could not get one to even start the car or run... not sure why! So i am tempted to just get a G valve and go that route,has any one had much sucess with them? i want to be in the 12+PSI or better range..Thanks !:eyebrows:

sdac guy
01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Yep, my bad. 86 & 87 T1 are the same, the T2 is different. So from the description on the box, it should work.

Barry

Capt'n Dave
01-26-2007, 06:22 PM
HI,so if the manuel boost valve is ok to get to 12+ psi @ $36.00 will the stock comp. do the advance timming and spark advance to get me there,I am not sure but i think i should be able to get to !4.0 PSI without doing damage to the stock motor,is that correct?I just want it to run it's potential,then i can live with it...Thanks your info keeps me going on this on going project,i have poly bushings comming,can't wait to put them on the car ,it now is one cornering machine.. :ballchain: :ballchain:

Directconnection
01-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I have a MP computer for an '86 T-I car. I used it on my old lance back in the day, and lent it to someone for their SC and they said it didn't work too well. I think I remember the papaer saying something about the Shelby Chargers using a different cal even though they were T-I and '86.

The computer is for sale... let me know.

shadow88
01-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I ran my MP smec well beyond 14 psi with good results.

I know there's a difference between the LM and my smec, but I'd guess the majority of the software is at least similar.

Don't forget the fuel pump and injector upgrades to keep it in one peice.

turbovanmanČ
01-29-2007, 03:41 AM
If your car is a log intake and the computer is for a one/2 piece intake, it won't run properly as the log computer is programmed to give each cylinder different amounts of fuel due to the crap intake.

Capt'n Dave
01-29-2007, 07:25 AM
The intake is an one piece log,the numbers on the computer are 4532327,i tried to lookit up not sure if it's right,but i do have it comming later this week,I'll let you know what happens with that...I do have a spare spark controler and another logic mod. for spares that are stock for 86 T1,that might be for sale after i try the MP one out....:thumb:

sdac guy
01-29-2007, 11:52 AM
The intake is an one piece log,the numbers on the computer are 4532327,i tried to lookit up not sure if it's right,but i do have it comming later this week,I'll let you know what happens with that...I do have a spare spark controler and another logic mod. for spares that are stock for 86 T1,that might be for sale after i try the MP one out....:thumb:
According to the Knowledge Center ecu listing which can be found here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/knowledge.php?page=section6#6.1.5

The number above is for the 86 T1 & 87 Shelby Charger. That number can be found in the section on MP Logic Modules, for the number on the computer (at the end of the description).

Barry

Directconnection
01-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Barry, I have some smecs I am going to be selling. I can't tell which are T-1, and which are T-II. I can't open up the file your linked to on the work computer. Does it list stock factory part #s? Mixed up a VNT with a T-I sbec as well and need to know what is what.

Thanks.

Capt'n Dave
01-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey, thanks a bunch,makes me feel better about the buy,with stock ECU it will build or should i say spike to12PSI but settles to around 10PSI,cant wait to see what the new Ecu will do for it...:eyebrows:

sdac guy
01-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Barry, I have some smecs I am going to be selling. I can't tell which are T-1, and which are T-II. I can't open up the file your linked to on the work computer. Does it list stock factory part #s? Mixed up a VNT with a T-I sbec as well and need to know what is what.

Thanks.I sent you a pm.

The file does require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.

Barry

Directconnection
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Able to view it here at home. Lotta time you spent typing it out even if it may have been from a manual.

sdac guy
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Able to view it here at home. Lotta time you spent typing it out even if it may have been from a manual.I used to have about a half dozen different listings to look through. When the KC was in the planning stages I decided to combine those listings for my contribution to it.

I have 3 or 4 more PN's I've found since then on my list here at home, and I am always looking for more numbers to supplement it.

Barry

Directconnection
01-30-2007, 08:33 PM
BTW... Barry should get kudos for doing this.

Now... if he could get camshaft part #s and applications he would be da man!

sdac guy
01-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I got an excel file with a lot of data on a whole bunch of cams. Doesn't have part # reference, but does have car/year data. Many aftermarket cams in it too.

And there is more .... :D

Barry

Directconnection
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Bring it on to the KfC! We do turbo mopars right!