PDA

View Full Version : Real HID's for your TM!

turbovanman²
01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
If you want to see at night, these are the shitt, choice of temp colours with 6000K being the brightest with a hint of blue, 4300K are very white and up from 6000K are purple. I stock 9004 and 9006 bulbs in the 6000K colour but can order the other colours and bulbs but allow a few weeks delivery. I have sold at least 30 kits and had only a couple bulb and one ballast failure. Some kits are getting an updated ballast which are smaller and better but its hit and miss as the old stock is used up.

Simple to install and will not melt your wiring or composite headlights. They are DOT and TUV approved so no messy tickets.

Cars with large lights IE my minivan might have issues, due to the size, they really amplify the light so I aimed mine down and put a 1 inch strip of black tape at the top and this fixed it.

Single beam kits $170US plus shipping.

Hi/low kits are $250 plus shipping.

Updated with pics-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Canoncamerapics433.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Canoncamerapics434.jpg

Pics of the double hi/low bulb-these are H4's

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Parts%20for%20sale/CanonCamerapics-workcamera001.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Parts%20for%20sale/CanonCamerapics-workcamera002.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/Parts%20for%20sale/CanonCamerapics-workcamera003.jpg

Whorse
01-26-2007, 12:29 AM
I've seen these on a few cars the last few days at Simon's shop. Everyone is getting them because they're so incredible. This isn't the best quality being from my camera phone, but here's a shot of the HID on the right and the OE on the left. These things are BRIGHT!

ART
01-26-2007, 03:50 AM
pics of components?

turbovanman²
01-26-2007, 04:24 AM
I'll post some up tomorrow. :nod:

JDAWG
01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Shipping is alot from canada iasnt it?

Speedeuphoria
01-26-2007, 11:04 AM
what about H4's?

JDAWG
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
what about H4's?

yea cause thats what would fit in my housings anyways, and do they have the igniters on the back or are they a seperste unit?

turbovanman²
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Shipping is alot from canada iasnt it?

Nope, and I can ship them out of the US as thats where I pic them up also.

what about H4's?

Yep, I believe thats a Honda Civic, 9003. My motorbike buddy is taking 3 sets of those for his bikes, :thumb:

yea cause thats what would fit in my housings anyways, and do they have the igniters on the back or are they a seperste unit?

Seperate, there aprox 2 ft of wire from the bulb to the ballasts. I will post pics of the kits tonight when I get home from hockey.

Ondonti
01-26-2007, 05:32 PM
I've seen these on a few cars the last few days at Simon's shop. Everyone is getting them because they're so incredible. This isn't the best quality being from my camera phone, but here's a shot of the HID on the right and the OE on the left. These things are BRIGHT!
Is that a 4300 or a 6000?
From my understanding 4300 is the brightest and anything higher in number sacrifices brightness for "blue"

turbovanman²
01-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Those are a 6000K set. I just put a 4300K set on yesterday and they were bright but more white. The 6000's have a bit of blue, then you go to 7000k and they turn purple.

TurboGLH
01-27-2007, 02:12 AM
What other sizes are available? How about a set of 9007's?

turbovanman²
01-27-2007, 05:42 AM
What other sizes are available? How about a set of 9007's?

There made in pretty well any bulb, I have a set, 9007 going in a PT Cruiser on Tuesday and my friend wants 3 sets for his bikes-Busa, GSXR1000 and his FJR1000, :partywoot:

Sorry about the pics, grabbed the box but forgot to bring it home, was in a rush, late for Hockey. Will do it tonight. :thumb:

contraption22
01-27-2007, 04:49 PM
So if they fit in our stock housings, they won't effect the beam pattern at all right? I would like to get them, but I have seen some crappy retrofits on SRTforms that are really bright on the road but have no visibility 100 ft out.

turbovanman²
01-27-2007, 04:59 PM
So if they fit in our stock housings, they won't effect the beam pattern at all right? I would like to get them, but I have seen some crappy retrofits on SRTforms that are really bright on the road but have no visibility 100 ft out.

They fit in your stock housings, beam pattern isn't affected. The way the light works, the whole area is lit up. Even with my lights aimed down 2inchs over stock, I can see 1000 times better than any halogen bulb I tried. You might have to play with lamp aiming for a few days but after that, you'll be fine.

For example, I put some in 2 90's Chev Pickups using the stock lenses, the pic you see above, I talked to them the next day and they couldn't believe it, even the wife of one them was like HOLY SHITT. I did a 2003 Expedition a few days ago, he was impressed, which for him, is hard. Honestly Mike, if you dont' like them, send them back and just pay for shipping if you dont'like them.

contraption22
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a deal too good to pass up!

Will Martin
01-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I just got a chance to see these in person and they're everything Simon says they are! Freakin' nice!

turbovanman²
01-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Ok, updated with pics.

Ondonti
01-28-2007, 10:49 PM
wow those kits look pretty cool.

Speedeuphoria
01-30-2007, 10:23 AM
so what are the temp ranges you can get, I wont drive my car all that much and looking for more of an attention thing, like 10000K(purple)

turbovanman²
01-30-2007, 01:48 PM
so what are the temp ranges you can get, I wont drive my car all that much and looking for more of an attention thing, like 10000K(purple)

Yep, I can get that K, basically 4300 to 12 K is my range. I agree, if I had a show car, I would get 10 or 12 K, :thumb:

Speedeuphoria
01-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Cool thanks
I will buy some, but its going to be a while

turbovanman²
01-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Ok, just PM me when you do. I need a 1-2 weeks to order them.

SL#189
01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Simon ~ Do you have a line on retro-fit housings for the older cars (thinking Omni and Lancer)??

turbovanman²
01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I can get them, Bosch, Hella etc but there pricey, around $100 canadian. Your better off getting them from Ebay, check out this thread-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11121

crazy1eye
01-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Ya, I've had the Bosch H4 lights in my SC since, oh about 1990, great lights but I don't think I drive it enough to bother with HID's

Maybe I'll take a set of 9004's for my Maxima, just include them with my Aurora wires & let me know how much total.

Vigo
02-03-2007, 07:40 PM
damn, i think ill be in for a set in a few months.. got to get a car painted before then, so there goes a chunk of change : /

turbovanman²
02-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Just hit me up with a PM when your ready, :D

Will Martin
02-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Guys, you HAVE jump on these, I don't know what took me so long!
Just got back from Simon's and got my HID's installed. The striking young man in the blue cover-alls is Simon.
BEFORE
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_246_full.jpg
LEFT INSTALLED COMPARED TO STOCK (RIGHT)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_247_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_248_full.jpg

Man, these things are freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Driving home in the rain was crazy; I could see so far ahead, I thought I saw the future! :lol:

Dominic
02-18-2007, 02:10 AM
I could see so far ahead, I thought I saw the future!

Now that's funny. :lol:

turbovanman²
02-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Thanks Will, I hate to say it but "Told you so" :lol:

Will Martin
02-18-2007, 02:39 AM
You sure did man, people that don't have these are REALLY sleepin'! And all this time I thought my Maxima H4 lights were something.......boy was I wrong!

The Pope
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
is there a good light fixture for using them in a GLHS? I've seen them on Ebay and I've seen the Hella. The light path changes between these, so which one is best? Like many people I think I'm night blind from working on a computer so long

GLHNSLHT2
02-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Rob, you want to use the Hella Housing with the HID kit if they're H4 bulbs. This way you get bright light and not blind the snot out of people.

Simon I'd like to see Will's car with the stock headlight relayed in instead of being drained with the stock wiring. I bet it's light output increases a lot.

turbovanman²
02-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Simon I'd like to see Will's car with the stock headlight relayed in instead of being drained with the stock wiring. I bet it's light output increases a lot.

Even still, that light is so creamy, its not funny. Its more than the brightness, its the colour output, until you see them side by side, you don't fully understand, :D

I am driving my 84 Full size Chevy van and the light SUCKS. Its so yellowy and ACK. Need to find some replaceable housings, same as the GLHS and put some HID's in.

There might be a price drop, The Chinese maker and I are talking about me being the US and Canadian distributor for them, my wife can take care of the orders, wish me luck. :nod:

Will Martin
02-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Rob, you want to use the Hella Housing with the HID kit if they're H4 bulbs. This way you get bright light and not blind the snot out of people.

I actually thought about that when I did research on them. But to be honest, I'm perfectly happy the way they are now. Although once I get the car repainted and fixed up.....:eyebrows:

turbovanman²
02-25-2007, 11:30 PM
I actually thought about that when I did research on them. But to be honest, I'm perfectly happy the way they are now. Although once I get the car repainted and fixed up.....:eyebrows:

Huh, after its painted, you'll take them out?

Hey, car done? PM me or add to the Lower Mainland thread, :nod:

iTurbo
02-27-2007, 05:05 PM
So if you were to put these in an L-body, you'd have to find some Hella headlight housings? Where would you get those?

Any chance these could be made to work in an Shelby Lancer? I'd love to put some 10k bulbs in that car!

GLHNSLHT2
02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
hella H4 Ecode lights can be found at www.rallylights.com. Cibie Ecodes can be found at www.danielsternlighting.com. If you're upgrading to HID's I stronly suggest a set of these True Ecode lights. Stock headlights will have you blinding on-coming drivers when upping the light output. Those Diamond lights on Ebay are downright scary with even stock bulbs. If oncoming drivers can't tell where you are because they're blinded they could easily drive right into you.

Case in point, there's a newer toyota pickup around here with practically purple headlights. They're so blinding I couldn't tell he was turning left in front of me and I just about T-boned him!

Personally once upgrading to the Ecode lights and relaying in the headlights (you can run stock wiring on the 200mm Ecodes (Lbody size) but why? ) your lights will be just as bright as any HID out there with even the stock 55/60w bulb.

If you have the Ecode lights and relays installed and want to upgrade to HID's then this is a great deal for HID's. But other than changing the light color a bit the actual amount of light on the ground isn't going to go up.

turbovanman²
02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
I found these on Ebay, real E-code lenses, the H6054 and a Lancer that iTurbo wants,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230097298589&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

GLHNSLHT2
02-28-2007, 12:43 AM
There should be a circle with an E1 written on the lense. Need to ask the auctioneer that. But they do look better than those Diamond headlights.

iTurbo
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
So if I want to upgrade an Omni or Lancer to HID (like the kit Simon is selling), first I need to upgrade to the H4 housings/bulbs, right? Simon, can you get HIDs to work in place of H4 bulbs?

I agree the diamond housings look like they would be way too bright and I don't like how they look anyway. What is the difference between the E-code and DOT housings?

turbovanman²
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
There should be a circle with an E1 written on the lense. Need to ask the auctioneer that. But they do look better than those Diamond headlights.

I emailed him and yes, they have the circled E1 code on them.

So if I want to upgrade an Omni or Lancer to HID (like the kit Simon is selling), first I need to upgrade to the H4 housings/bulbs, right? Simon, can you get HIDs to work in place of H4 bulbs?

I agree the diamond housings look like they would be way too bright and I don't like how they look anyway. What is the difference between the E-code and DOT housings?

You get an H4 HID kit, plug and play.

He explains the difference but I believe DOT spreads the light out wide and short, E code's are more direct and aim lower but you can see further ahead. I am ordering a set for my G-Van and just going to use a set of bulbs he offers, can't afford to buy myself another set of HID's at this point in time.

GLHNSLHT2
03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
DOT lights basically just throw light in a big circle pattern like a flashlight. No control over the beam. Ecodes throw the light where it needs to go. On the ground. A wider pattern with a sharp cutoff. If you draw a line from the center point of the bulb, parallel to the ground to the left there is no light above that point. Now from the center point to the right but angled up at a 30-45 degree angle like this kinda. _/. Thats how the low beam is. High beams are more pointed and throw the light farther ahead without the cut off. This is why HID's are only legal on lowbeams and Factory HID's have a very sharp cutoff just like Ecodes.

You need 200mm one's for the Lbodies and 165mmm ones for Shelby Lancers/daytona's etc. H4's have a high and low beam. H1's are high beam only. So for four headlight systems you need a set of H4's and H1's. Now you can't use HID's on H1's cause they're illegal and you'll blind the hell out of people. And I think the way factory HID's are setup is they have a regular filament that turns on when the highs are activated.

turbovanman²
03-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Illegal, ha, thats a funny one, most of the stuff we do to our cars/vans are illegal, :lol:

devlish
03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Simon, can you get the housings for the Omni?? the E-coded ones? or do i buy those seperatly myself?? do i need to upgrade the wiring to the headlights or wiring a relay before using your HID system on my Omni?? thanks

turbovanman²
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Simon, can you get the housings for the Omni?? the E-coded ones? or do i buy those seperatly myself?? do i need to upgrade the wiring to the headlights or wiring a relay before using your HID system on my Omni?? thanks

I would be cheaper and easier for you to get the housings, just go to the link posted, order them without bulbs and save a few bucks.

Wiring should be ok, as long as its in good shape, the HID's use less power so the wiring doesn't get overheated.

devlish
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
ok, thanks for the info. will let you konw soon if i can swing the extra ca$h this time of year!

turbovanman²
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Sounds good, send me a PM when ready. :D

GLHNSLHT2
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Illegal, ha, thats a funny one, most of the stuff we do to our cars/vans are illegal, :lol:

Yes but most of the stuff we do won't cause someone to either drive off the road or drive into you! Maybe I should of said "DANGEROUS" instead of illegal or both.

GLHNSLHT2
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM

Get the housings with the bulbs and wire up some relays. You'll throw HID amounts of light in the safe and correct spot without the blue tint. Then if you want the blue tint save up for simons HID's

GLHNSLHT2
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Take your Digital Volt Meter (DVM) and see how much voltage is getting to the headlights by probing the supply wire at the headlight. You should see no more than a .5v drop. Any more and you're losing significant amounts of light and it's time to relay in the headlights. This has a couple benifits. First is that you're now getting maximum power to the lights Light output isn't linear so if you have a 10v (for the ease of math here) at the battery or from the alt to the batt and you're losing 1v at the headlight you're not losing just 10%, you're losing more like 17% of available light output. The 2nd benifit is you take a huge load off the headlight switch itself. And we know how these light switches like to run hot and melt stuff. This is because they're running all the headlight power through them.

If you relay them in correctly you can very easily revert back to stock wiring if you ever want to. I ground the relays and the headlights back to the battery and use 12 or 14 guage wiring. After checking my car I was losing 3v total and while my Hella's were brighter than stock they weren't as much as I hoped for. So I relayed them in and after was only losing .3v. Man what a difference in light output. With just the stock 55/60w bulbs the light is bright white and puts more light down on the road than anything I've come across on the freeway. It's fun to actually see my headlights outshining much newer cars.

devlish
03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
1 relay for each side, or 1 relay total? i could see it being done either way.

mcsvt
03-02-2007, 12:09 PM
My car has 2 relays. It was done before I bought the car though. I have upgraded to the H4's and it really is a night and day difference from the sealed beams!

Simon I hope to buy some HID's from you in the near future :thumb:

turbovanman²
03-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks Gary, :thumb:

Turbulence
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Not quite so easy for those of us with daytime running lights. Anyway around that one without losing the DRL?

Martin
89 Horizon
94 Grand Caravan ES (what headlights?)

Take your Digital Volt Meter (DVM) and see how much voltage is getting to the headlights by probing the supply wire at the headlight. You should see no more than a .5v drop. Any more and you're losing significant amounts of light and it's time to relay in the headlights. This has a couple benifits. First is that you're now getting maximum power to the lights Light output isn't linear so if you have a 10v (for the ease of math here) at the battery or from the alt to the batt and you're losing 1v at the headlight you're not losing just 10%, you're losing more like 17% of available light output. The 2nd benifit is you take a huge load off the headlight switch itself. And we know how these light switches like to run hot and melt stuff. This is because they're running all the headlight power through them.

If you relay them in correctly you can very easily revert back to stock wiring if you ever want to. I ground the relays and the headlights back to the battery and use 12 or 14 guage wiring. After checking my car I was losing 3v total and while my Hella's were brighter than stock they weren't as much as I hoped for. So I relayed them in and after was only losing .3v. Man what a difference in light output. With just the stock 55/60w bulbs the light is bright white and puts more light down on the road than anything I've come across on the freeway. It's fun to actually see my headlights outshining much newer cars.

turbovanman²
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Not quite so easy for those of us with daytime running lights. Anyway around that one without losing the DRL?

Martin
89 Horizon
94 Grand Caravan ES (what headlights?)

Lose the DRL, PITA anyways.

GLHNSLHT2
03-02-2007, 09:33 PM
DRL??? WTF We don't mod GM products here! :)

GLHNSLHT2
03-02-2007, 09:34 PM
1 relay for each side, or 1 relay total? i could see it being done either way.

1 relay for the low beams and 1 relay for the high beams. Ground the relays and the headlights back to the battery.

turbovanman²
03-03-2007, 01:03 AM
DRL??? WTF We don't mod GM products here! :)

Its easier than typing Daytime Running Lights, :lol:

GLHNSLHT2
03-03-2007, 01:08 AM
:banghead: Simon I know what DRL's are. I was pointing out they're mostly on GM's and we don't do GM's here. This is Turbo MOPAR! not General Mistake.

turbovanman²
03-03-2007, 01:11 AM
:banghead: Simon I know what DRL's are. I was pointing out they're mostly on GM's and we don't do GM's here. This is Turbo MOPAR! not General Mistake.

I know, thats why I was laughing. Alot of TM's have DRL's too.

GLHNSLHT2
03-03-2007, 02:09 AM
They do?? Not here in the states.

Whorse
03-03-2007, 02:24 AM
You're correct. Most vehicles that are bought in the states and brought here have to have them added on to pass inspection. You should know this Simon, aren't you a licensed inspector?

turbovanman²
03-03-2007, 02:21 PM
You're correct. Most vehicles that are bought in the states and brought here have to have them added on to pass inspection. You should know this Simon, aren't you a licensed inspector?

Some US and European cars got them also, not common but they do. Now all cars have them.

turbovanman²
03-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Update, added a relay kit for those who want one, $25 plus shipping.

I don't have them in stock, so I need to order them on a case by case basis until I do another stock order for lights.

turbovanman²
04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Price drop, I made a deal with the manufacturer, so now he's willing to let me sell them for $140 for single and $230 for hi/low. I am now on Ebay selling them-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270106129218

Whorse
04-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow way to go Simon! I'll have to get you some more pictures with my camera for posting.

Whorse
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh and Simon, let me edit that writeup for you next time I see you. Your spelling and grammer is horrible to the point it might hurt your sales. Say...Abbottsford and Manufacturer (which you spelled wrong).

Also, I think you should do separate listings for the Hi/Low lights, not just say they are 90 bucks more. I could see some negative feedback from jerks that will be a hassle for you even though you are not in the wrong.

turbovanman²
04-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks. :D

Nah, the hi/lo kit part is fine. I'll go do my spelling, was getting tired of editing. BTW, Abbotsford is one T, :p

Whorse
04-01-2007, 11:45 PM
You're right I spell it wrong all the time at work :p

Will Martin
04-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey! That car looks really familar on your Ebay page......

turbovanman²
04-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey! That car looks really familar on your Ebay page......

No idea what your talking about, :eyebrows:

Whorse
04-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Who took that camera phone picture?

turbovanman²
04-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Not sure, :o

mcsvt
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Simon, sorry for the delay in placing my order. Driving the new car home the other night I realized how HORRIBLE the stock lighting is. I need to pick up another set of housings then I'll get the hi/low kit from you. Soon I hope :)

Any bulk order discount? Bulk being two sets.

turbovanman²
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Simon, sorry for the delay in placing my order. Driving the new car home the other night I realized how HORRIBLE the stock lighting is. I need to pick up another set of housings then I'll get the hi/low kit from you. Soon I hope :)

Any bulk order discount? Bulk being two sets.

No worries. Well the price has dropped so your saving $100 for 2 sets. Can't go much lower, :(

Ondonti
05-06-2007, 07:05 PM
What about this recent government crackdown on HID kits?

turbovanman²
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
What about this recent government crackdown on HID kits?

What crackdown, around here, they couldn't give a rats azz, :D

A link would be nice, :confused:

Ondonti
05-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Took me awhile to find a real link thats not like 4 years old.

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=57289

What is pretty ridiculous is that it seems they want to make it illegal to possess "for offroad use only" items because its possible you could use it on the road.

So basically things are illegal because you could do something with it other then what is intended. Gee, how many things could we make illegal to possess with those kind of laws?

Whorse
05-13-2007, 01:00 AM
If a lighting product is marketed as “off-road only” but has the potential to be used on the highway, it will likely be subject to regulation under FMVSS No. 108 as well.

This is a load of crap. If this was taken a step further, it would essentially be illegal to own a drag car, or a track car, as it could potentially be driven on the road. We have a LOT of 4x4s in these parts, and a lot of them have offroading lights, and only use them on the trails, and they would all fall under this. I am starting to think it's best I get out of this hobby now before I end up in jail for putting a cone filter on my car.

Ondonti
05-13-2007, 07:45 AM
This is a load of crap. If this was taken a step further, it would essentially be illegal to own a drag car, or a track car, as it could potentially be driven on the road. We have a LOT of 4x4s in these parts, and a lot of them have offroading lights, and only use them on the trails, and they would all fall under this. I am starting to think it's best I get out of this hobby now before I end up in jail for putting a cone filter on my car.

no no no

you would go to jail because you purchased a cone filter and its sitting in your closet and is meant for your car which will never see time on the street.
All because it is possible you could do something else.

Didnt tom cruise star in some stupid movie about this kind of thing?

turbovanman²
05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Took me awhile to find a real link thats not like 4 years old.

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=57289

What is pretty ridiculous is that it seems they want to make it illegal to possess "for offroad use only" items because its possible you could use it on the road.

So basically things are illegal because you could do something with it other then what is intended. Gee, how many things could we make illegal to possess with those kind of laws?

They've been doing that for years, its also called selective enforcment, its really up to the officer. BTW, my lights have DOT and TUV approved stamped on them, :thumb:

Whorse
05-13-2007, 10:32 PM
no no no

you would go to jail because you purchased a cone filter and its sitting in your closet and is meant for your car which will never see time on the street.
All because it is possible you could do something else.

Didnt tom cruise star in some stupid movie about this kind of thing?

I actually have Minority Report sitting on my night table right now. This is again a load of crap, just like the E-code lights, which are regulated by the beam pattern, and are a far superior light beam.

J&H Ryan
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Just making sure you're still selling these - thinking about picking up a set for my Jeep - do an E-code H4 conversion while I'm at it.

Any opinions on the colors? I'm thinking just bright white...

Ondonti
07-12-2007, 02:28 AM
They've been doing that for years, its also called selective enforcment, its really up to the officer. BTW, my lights have DOT and TUV approved stamped on them, :thumb:
thats cool about them stamps ;)

turbovanman²
07-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Just making sure you're still selling these - thinking about picking up a set for my Jeep - do an E-code H4 conversion while I'm at it.

Any opinions on the colors? I'm thinking just bright white...

I like the 4300, which are white and the 6000 have a blue tinge to them. I am biased to either one. I have a link somewhere to some E-code conversions on Ebay, I bought some and there basically Hella knock offs and are reasonably priced. I'll dig it up if you haven't seen it, :thumb:

J&H Ryan
07-12-2007, 07:59 AM
I like the 4300, which are white and the 6000 have a blue tinge to them. I am biased to either one. I have a link somewhere to some E-code conversions on Ebay, I bought some and there basically Hella knock offs and are reasonably priced. I'll dig it up if you haven't seen it, :thumb:

I found a bunch of the $30 ebay DOT conversions, but only 1 e-code and that was the hellas I can get for the same price retail. If you have the link or your search skillz are better lmk. I need the 7" round ones for a wrangler.

turbovanman²
07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I found a bunch of the $30 ebay DOT conversions, but only 1 e-code and that was the hellas I can get for the same price retail. If you have the link or your search skillz are better lmk. I need the 7" round ones for a wrangler.

This is the place I bought my rectangle ones for my full size Chevy van, going to put HID's in this weekend.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=mppf&sbrftog=1&dfsp=1&from=R10&satitle=h6054&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=h6054&sadis=200&fpos=98230&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=rimiinc&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp=

turbovanman²
07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok, had a few minutes as trying to fix my a/c and tried the HID's with those Ebay headlights, DAMN, not a good idea, they are sooooo bright that you will cause problems for other drivers. Bummer, :(

GLHNSLHT2
07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
these are the ecode lights simon??? They'll actually be easier on the drivers if aimed right. Since the light won't shine in their eyes being an ecode pattern. Course you'll have to be very selective when using high beams.

turbovanman²
07-13-2007, 12:12 AM
these are the ecode lights simon??? They'll actually be easier on the drivers if aimed right. Since the light won't shine in their eyes being an ecode pattern. Course you'll have to be very selective when using high beams.

Yes, they are but there too bright, almost dead on or slightly left or right, there blinding, not worth it in my opinion. Maybe I'll try them again later when I have more time.

1966 dart wagon
08-08-2007, 02:09 PM
dang this is really sweet im definatly going to have to concider this upgrade. so i need to buy the lence housings threw ebay then get the hid kit from turbovanman. how hard are they to hook up? do you have instructions?

turbovanman²
08-08-2007, 02:26 PM
dang this is really sweet im definatly going to have to concider this upgrade. so i need to buy the lence housings threw ebay then get the hid kit from turbovanman. how hard are they to hook up? do you have instructions?

If you can count to 10, you can hook these up. Its plug and play, You install the bulbs, then simply plug the HID harness into your old light connectors, connect all the other one way wires and turn the lights on. :D

vcrpro3
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Are there high beam, H-2 compatable HID's avaailable? Might be nice when i'm cruising some back roads at 90~100 mph at night on my way to and from Vegas or Prescott

turbovanman²
08-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Are there high beam, H-2 compatable HID's avaailable? Might be nice when i'm cruising some back roads at 90~100 mph at night on my way to and from Vegas or Prescott

I am pretty sure available. I will check and get back to you.

minigts
08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
I would be cheaper and easier for you to get the housings, just go to the link posted, order them without bulbs and save a few bucks.

Wiring should be ok, as long as its in good shape, the HID's use less power so the wiring doesn't get overheated.

When you say link, which one are you referring to? There was one for eBay and there were two more for Daniel Stern Lighting and Rally Lights. And one other thing, I didn't see a chart that coded the housings for Chargers/Omnis. Is there a model number specifically I should use for my 85 Dodge Charger Shelby? :-)

Thanks for the info on the thread and I'll get with you about the actual lights. :thumb:

minigts
08-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok, NM Simon. I found the dimensions for the Charger 7 7/8" x 5 5/8", which on some sites will equate to 7.9" x 5.5" (200mm × 142mm), I assume...

As for the bulbs, I could use a recommendation. I read through the thread about the purple vs. the blue vs. the white. I guess the 600x, 700x, is the part number and the higher the number the darker the color? Preferring something close to white, but with a blue tint. I like the look of the Mercedes and Audi lights. I'd also like the crisp line when projecting. Not sure if you can do that with the encasement my car would use, but preferred.

I saw on one site they had a Watt rating, and not sure which one to use.

Also, I saw that there were some relays involved. Is this necessary? I don't think I have a relay or fuse currently for the headlights. Anyone have a comprehensive list of things needed for the conversion?

turbovanman²
08-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Ok, NM Simon. I found the dimensions for the Charger 7 7/8" x 5 5/8", which on some sites will equate to 7.9" x 5.5" (200mm × 142mm), I assume...

As for the bulbs, I could use a recommendation. I read through the thread about the purple vs. the blue vs. the white. I guess the 600x, 700x, is the part number and the higher the number the darker the color? Preferring something close to white, but with a blue tint. I like the look of the Mercedes and Audi lights. I'd also like the crisp line when projecting. Not sure if you can do that with the encasement my car would use, but preferred.

I saw on one site they had a Watt rating, and not sure which one to use.

Also, I saw that there were some relays involved. Is this necessary? I don't think I have a relay or fuse currently for the headlights. Anyone have a comprehensive list of things needed for the conversion?

You have H6054's, these-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230097298589&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Lights are rated by Kelvin or K's. Factory HID's are 4300K, 6000 is the most popular and have a nice blue tint and as you go higher, they go more blue then purple.

Relays are not necessary unless you factory wirng is in poor shape. These pul alot less amperage due to the ballasts doing all the work.

Dave
08-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Simon I'll be ordering a set around the middle of September. Finally got a student loan... Safety first right? ;)

How does the hi/low kit work? Are the lows just a halogen or does it use the refractor?

spaceman
08-31-2007, 08:56 PM
hey simon do you have a plug in kit for my 93 shadow.ive got a set of lexus gs430 hids in there now and itt not the best i think ,cause i got big time votage drop from them(below the 11.what ever volts .enough to set the ck light ,only when i have the lights on .how do u hook yours up

turbovanman²
09-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Simon I'll be ordering a set around the middle of September. Finally got a student loan... Safety first right? ;)

How does the hi/low kit work? Are the lows just a halogen or does it use the refractor?

They are both HID lights and use a reflector. A buddy put some on his bike and they work great.

hey simon do you have a plug in kit for my 93 shadow.ive got a set of lexus gs430 hids in there now and itt not the best i think ,cause i got big time votage drop from them(below the 11.what ever volts .enough to set the ck light ,only when i have the lights on .how do u hook yours up

They use the factory bulb plug and just plug and play. They draw a small amperage so as long as your wiring is ok, they work fine. You can wire a relay in if you want.

capev86
04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
why not just buy a replacement bulb housing to replace the sealed beam unit that uses a modern bulb? this seems like a complicated system - and where does all that extra wiring go?

turbovanman²
04-21-2008, 09:25 PM
why not just buy a replacement bulb housing to replace the sealed beam unit that uses a modern bulb? this seems like a complicated system - and where does all that extra wiring go?

Complicated? if you can eat, tie your shoes, etc, you can install these. If you can plug connectors together, you can install them. Theres maybe 12 inches of extra wiring which is easily tucked away and yes, you need to upgrade the housings with any bulb upgrade so why not go with a better light, :thumb:

1 bad day
05-30-2008, 06:19 AM
would these work with the 87 daytona's pop-up light design?

turbovanman²
05-30-2008, 05:17 PM
would these work with the 87 daytona's pop-up light design?

Yes, if you have glass rectangle sealed bulbs, those need replacing with aftermarket units that use an H4 bulb.

minigts
06-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey Simon, sometime in the future when you send my brakes :hint: :hint:, I'd like to talk to you about the HIDs for my car. :) Maybe you can ship both things together....someday.....someday. ;) Just giving you a hard time. For the time being, I'll just get better shoes for my feet.

carrelljustin
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey i was just wondering if you were still selling the HID kits.. If so please let me know?

turbovanman²
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, PM me and we can chat, LMK what your after.

Ondonti
10-10-2008, 01:02 AM
I bought a set of used low beams (the old style ballast) for my 94 Spirit
Best money I have spent on one of my cars. I can see!

But in the future I might want the high/low and put the low beams in my race car.

The High/low looks really different....Does it install just as easily as the low beat set?

I was skeptical about these enough to not buy them but the deal was almost free so i took a shot. I feel stupid now cause I almost got killed last winter driving across Oregon during a storm cause my stock lights suck so bad.

Ondonti
10-10-2008, 01:31 AM
These are 8000's. I would have preferred 4300 but that wouldnt be so cheap to buy new bulbs
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6639/img3698vd6.jpg
You can barely see anything from the stock light. the HID is actually putting out more light on the right side then the right side light does :P

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5101/img3697yk9.jpg
Comparison pic
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8892/img3700qa1.jpg
Pictures of me aiming both HIDs.
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3853/img3701br6.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3614/img3702gf9.jpg

Should I aim them up a little bit more?

minigts
10-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I would say up and over to the left. :D

turbovanman²
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
See, they are awesome, :thumb:

Ondonti
10-24-2008, 01:09 AM
I just built a hotwire kit, relocated the highbeam wire (bigger gauge) to the low beam socket in the connector. Then I took inline fuse, relay, etc, and hotwired the HID's right to the battery.

I was having some problems getting my passenger light to go on every time. Now the lights are, Bright. I want to drive it around but I lost the front motor mount bolt :P

minigts
10-24-2008, 01:11 AM
EVERYONE should have spares of every bolt on the car. :D

Ondonti
10-24-2008, 01:54 AM
I will try to take a picture of one hotwired and one on stock wires. I dont know if you will be able to tell, and if you cant, then I suck lol.

Tony Hanna
10-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Does upgraded wiring make a big difference? The HID's in my Caddy don't seem much (if any) brighter than the stock bulbs. Just a different color light and more glare (even with them adjusted down and to the right I still get oncoming traffic flashing their lights occasionally). If rewiring would make them brighter, then maybe I could adjust them down a little more and hopefully cut down on some of the glare.

turbovanman²
10-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Does upgraded wiring make a big difference? The HID's in my Caddy don't seem much (if any) brighter than the stock bulbs. Just a different color light and more glare (even with them adjusted down and to the right I still get oncoming traffic flashing their lights occasionally). If rewiring would make them brighter, then maybe I could adjust them down a little more and hopefully cut down on some of the glare.

Most likely the brand you have. I had to rewire a Firefly as they would do what Brent's did and they weren't any brighter.

Tony Hanna
10-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Most likely the brand you have. I had to rewire a Firefly as they would do what Brent's did and they weren't any brighter.

Is that the fault of the ballasts, the bulbs, or both? I'd really like to get them sorted out and have a good bright set of headlights (but not at the expense of blinding oncoming traffic). Hmm... Maybe a projector conversion would be the ticket? I think I remember a post on the Caddy forum where somebody modified a set of BMW projector headlights to fit an Eldorado.:)

turbovanman²
10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Is that the fault of the ballasts, the bulbs, or both? I'd really like to get them sorted out and have a good bright set of headlights (but not at the expense of blinding oncoming traffic). Hmm... Maybe a projector conversion would be the ticket? I think I remember a post on the Caddy forum where somebody modified a set of BMW projector headlights to fit an Eldorado.:)

It could be the bulb or ballast or both, as thats what I have found, the quality is all over the map.

I am trying to do that also, I have a set of BMW HID's and trying to modify a stock headlight bucket but I don't have the energy. :(

Ondonti
10-24-2008, 05:47 PM
I blame old wiring, or the weird differences in wiring between models.

My Spirit supposedly has 20 guage to the drivers side and 18 gauge to the passenger side. But they are the same when I took them apart. Different models (like P body ) have different guages to the lights (i think larger).

Tony Hanna
10-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I may have to look into the rewiring then. I've been wanting to wire the low beams so that they don't turn off when I turn the high beams on anyway (separate bulbs) so that the HID's aren't constantly being turned off and restarted every time I switch between high and low beams. I hear that hot restarts aren't good for the HID bulbs...

badandy
10-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Has anyone installed these on a pre-89 shadow? I would like them for my CSXT but I'm not sure of the housings that Simon linked me to...I don;t want these things to be too bright and get me pulled over.

J&H Ryan
10-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Has anyone installed these on a pre-89 shadow? I would like them for my CSXT but I'm not sure of the housings that Simon linked me to...I don;t want these things to be too bright and get me pulled over.
I would get the e-code beam pattern. I haven't gone HID yet, but I did get e-codes and 100w bulbs. Never had any issues with the fuzz and they were insanely bright and white with new wiring and relays. This is because unlike DOT which splays out in every direction, the E's are more focused in a beam directly infront of the car, and are not as annoying to oncoming traffic nor do they seem as bright off to the sides (where a cop would be).

turbovanman²
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I would get the e-code beam pattern. I haven't gone HID yet, but I did get e-codes and 100w bulbs. Never had any issues with the fuzz and they were insanely bright and white with new wiring and relays. This is because unlike DOT which splays out in every direction, the E's are more focused in a beam directly infront of the car, and are not as annoying to oncoming traffic nor do they seem as bright off to the sides (where a cop would be).

I tried E-code, didn't work, too bright, the lights need a reflector at the end of the bulb. I found some HID type replacements that I linked to the above poster but I don't have a car I can try them in.

monkeyhead
04-18-2009, 03:10 PM
oh man i want these on my lebaron!!!!!!

turbovanman²
04-18-2009, 04:05 PM
If you have composite housings, these work awesome, sealed beams, not so much, :(

csx711
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I seen the head light housing for my p body at Kragan Auto here. i wuold liek to have a set for my Pbody..if you can get the housing too.

Herman

turbovanman²
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I seen the head light housing for my p body at Kragan Auto here. i wuold liek to have a set for my Pbody..if you can get the housing too.

Herman

Bulbs, no problem, housings, I can get them if you want, I just buy from Ebay. LMK.