PDA

View Full Version : Starting issues.

Jack's Dodge
01-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Removed the fuel rail to make sure the turbo to manifold bolts were tight. Put the rail back on, and wet to start the car, and it just cranked with occassional sputtering from attempts to start. Check the a/f gauge, and it was fuel rich. Ok. So I waited a few minutes, and tried again. Same thing, but after releasing the key, there was decently loud ticking coming from under the hood. Thought it might have been an injector, but it was coming from the underhood computer. While this ticking was going on, the tach was going nuts. Is the computer gone bad, or is there something else going on. Car is still not starting. I really need to get this car started, as I cannot get to work!

mech1nxh
01-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Removed the fuel rail to make sure the turbo to manifold bolts were tight. Put the rail back on, and wet to start the car, and it just cranked with occassional sputtering from attempts to start. Check the a/f gauge, and it was fuel rich. Ok. So I waited a few minutes, and tried again. Same thing, but after releasing the key, there was decently loud ticking coming from under the hood. Thought it might have been an injector, but it was coming from the underhood computer. While this ticking was going on, the tach was going nuts. Is the computer gone bad, or is there something else going on. Car is still not starting. I really need to get this car started, as I cannot get to work!

going from memmory here...and anyone more experienced than me please
chime right in...I think there is a ground point (right side manifold center)
that may be loose

3nglenn
01-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Yes make sure that ground strap from the fuel rail to firewall (and intake manifold?) is clean and tight!!
Also see http://www.thedodgegarage.com/common_failures.html item #3

Jack's Dodge
01-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks. Ground strap was not connected on the rail. Thanks man. It runs again