PDA

View Full Version : Surprising JY find, VIN inside...

Wes85L
01-23-2007, 10:25 PM
I've been to the two local yards many times in the past and seen a large handful of turbo cars, some nice some crappy, some with parts I took others there wasn't anything left. I hadn't been there in over a year. I went back today looking for two things: a wiper motor and to check out seats for my Charger. I found the wiper motor, and sat in a few seats, trying to get a mental picture of what they'd look like in my car. Then I made my way further through the scattered remains of what were once vehicles that you, me, a friend once drove.

As I had passed all the other models I came to the Chrysler section. There were talons, avengers, intrepids, horizons and the like. So I'm glancing all around when something catches my eye. It looks to say Shelby; I'm doubting it already. But there in front of me, was in fact, an '85 Shelby Charger, just like mine. It was red with grey down the middle and blue pinstriping. The hatch glass had been removed from the frame but was still there and fully intact with the large SHELBY etched into the glass. The Shelby seats front and rear were both intact though dirty and wet from the elements. The shift knob was missing. Most of the engine was there. It had K&N filter, and plug wires. The LM was stock. The body was actually pretty good condition.

Here is the VIN #: 1B3BZ64E5FD326936
I would interesting to know where it's been through it's life.

DC Turismo
01-25-2007, 03:07 PM
That's pretty cool. Just a few comments. First of all, the blue pinstriping you noticed was, in fact, faded, sun worn pinstriping that was originally silver. It's widely common for the pinstriping that came from the factory to have faded in that nature.

The engine there is a 2.2 T1 motor. If it is an '85, the connecting rods are often used to upgrade those in 2.2 T2 motors, but other than that, it's just a blah engine lol....

Now, the color of the car would have been red if it were, in fact, a 1984 or 1987 SC. Red/silver color schemes were rarer in those years compared to 1985 and 1986. The rarest color scheme of all, though, is the silver with a santa fe blue stripe. They were only produced, as turbo cars, in 85 and 86. So keep an eye out for those in the future!

I cant run the vin, but wanted to chime in a little bit. Nice find though! It's not often these days that you see a car that old in the JY, most places crush 'em as soon as the $$ of junk goes up.

JDAWG
01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I dunno but it has an incomplete recall, get it to the shop

boostboy
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I ran the vin at work, no details for the selling dealer, it does have one incomplete recall done on it though!

ShelbyMotorsports
01-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Here is the VIN #: 1B3BZ64E5FD326936
I would interesting to know where it's been through it's life.

Not too much on CarFax:

10/26/1987 PENSACOLA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0041809736)
04/15/1998 PENSACOLA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/06/1998 PENSACOLA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/13/1999 PENSACOLA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/03/2000 PENSACOLA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/04/2001 PENSACOLA, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

Skibbe
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
The rarest color scheme of all, though, is the silver with a santa fe blue stripe. They were only produced, as turbo cars, in 85 and 86. So keep an eye out for those in the future!

Uhh... he owns one. And yes, he's trying to replace the blue CS seats inside it with some from a Honda or something...

Millerman340
01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Just saw a red one get crushed 2 weeks ago, they did not even bring it out into the main yard:(

DC Turismo
01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Uhh... he owns one. And yes, he's trying to replace the blue CS seats inside it with some from a Honda or something...

I was thinking he also had a red/silver one as well.

85shelbycharger
01-25-2007, 06:12 PM

Uhh...he was just stating a fact? :confused:

Wes85L
01-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Mike, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Thanks for the vin check guys. Too bad there is not more info on it. But the car is gone now anyway. I went there today and they moved all the cars around and it was no where to be found. One friggin day later and it's gone. Incredible! I should have got the parts off the day I saw it. And I brought a digi-cam for pics too.

On another note I checked out the other local yard and found some cool cars: Plymouth Turismo, '85 Lebaron Turbo, '87 Daytona, '89 Omni, etc. There were at least 5 turbo 1 cars. Only one of them was 5 spd and the tranny was pulled. It sure was exciting poking around a j-yard again though. It's been so long.

BIGBRUDDA
01-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Try to buy the whole car.:thumb: Thats how I got my C/S .$200 ,it was missing fluids and had a hole in the gas tank.
International title service in LasVegas provided a new title for $ 250. It took $40 to get it re-keyed.
I now drive an 86 C/S with 88k original miles.Hence "junkyard dog":nod: