PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry injector sizing with MoparChEM

tvanlant
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Maybe I'm just retarded, but how do I change the Blueberry55 program to use +40% injectors? I read the how to on Moparchem.com, but I don't know what he is talking about (I'm very new to this). When I load the program, and I go to the tables he says I have to change, I don't see anything that relates to what he is talking about. Also, I think the blueberry55 is set up for +20s to start with.

cordes
01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Maybe I'm just retarded, but how do I change the Blueberry55 program to use +40% injectors? I read the how to on Moparchem.com, but I don't know what he is talking about (I'm very new to this). When I load the program, and I go to the tables he says I have to change, I don't see anything that relates to what he is talking about. Also, I think the blueberry55 is set up for +20s to start with.

You have to devide 42/52 which will give you the percentage you need to scale the table by. Click on scale, and then change the proper axis to the new value for you injectors. In this case that would be 80.76923% Hope that helps.

tvanlant
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok, thanks. Now how do I retard timing? I'm only running 91 octane and the blueberry cal is set up for 94 I believe.

cordes
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
You will have to look at the individual timing tables and pull some out where needed. I would recommend looking at the stock TII curves in comparison and then going from there.

tvanlant
01-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Ok, thanks. The ones I see that I should change are:
AdvanceFromMapWarmPart (WOTMAP)
AllowedAdvanceFromRpms (SPKLMT)

Is this correct?
Should I change them by using the SCALE function?
What program are you using?

cordes
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok, thanks. The ones I see that I should change are:
AdvanceFromMapWarmPart (WOTMAP)
AllowedAdvanceFromRpms (SPKLMT)

Is this correct?
Should I change them by using the SCALE function?
What program are you using?

No, you don't want to scale those unless you want to add or remove spark from the whole curve. I am not sure that those are all of the spark tables, as I am at work.

I normally use chem to do my editing, although I like d-cal for the comparison cal feature, that one just seems to work better for me for some reason. Anyway, I would just manually edit the points by grabbing and moving them.

tvanlant
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I'll try that. Is there somewhere I can read about how to do all this stuff? I've looked all over on Moparchem and can't find anything.

cordes
01-24-2007, 11:43 PM
I'll try that. Is there somewhere I can read about how to do all this stuff? I've looked all over on Moparchem and can't find anything.

Other than the articles on moparchem, I don't really know. A lot of it is just understanding how the ECU works which I have picked up little tid bits here and there from the guys that really know what is going on over the last year or so. Combine that with some trial and error, and that is about it.