PDA

View Full Version : a555 bearing support plate

The S is Silent
01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
For the setup I'm going to be using, this is an absolute MUST. I found one on e-bay that is cheaper than Cindy, and its free shipping, but I'm wary.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/ed/52/e9_1.JPG

http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/images/products/lrechromolyplate.jpg

The first one is on ebay, and the second one is from Cindy's site. Check out the differences...

Is the e-bay one going to work, or is it worth $35+ to get it from Cindy and know that it will work?

altered7151
01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Is the one on ebay chro-moly? Looks like theres a difference on some of the whole sizes, which could be a concern.

cordes
01-17-2006, 06:20 PM
+1 on the hole sizes. I thought the whole point of the FWD unit was that is is a chrome-moly piece, so if the one on ebay is not, I would pass.

LeGweg
01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
And I wonder if the ebay unit has the same thickness as the one from Cindy

The S is Silent
01-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I was also wondering on all of those points. I guess I'll just go with the tried and true one that Cindy sell.

Cindy's is based off the Shelby design? I'd like to figure out what is going on here.

BadAssPerformance
01-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Shelby design? did he sell one? First one I ever saw came from LRE.

They are just chrome moly steel replicas of the stock low-carbon steel plates. They are machined flat unlike the stock stamped out ones, and the CM steel is stronger and resists shock better.

OMNI-Potent
01-18-2006, 11:33 PM
These were available from the Shelby Catalog, I don't think these were available from Chrysler

OMNI-Potent
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
The ones on ebay are Omni-Potent's. The gentleman who made these plates, made them out of 3/16" chrome-moly (which is the only thickness available in chrome-moly sheets). These are a little thicker than the factory ones.

These are direct copies of the factory plates in terms of hole sizes. The template used was a factory plate. Several of these plates are already in trannys.

The price for these units is $95 shipped. If anyone is not completely satisfied with these units, they can return them for a full refund. You can PM me or send an email to omni1985@aol.com. We accept Paypal, money order or personal check.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks!!!!!

The S is Silent
01-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. It's good to know that the difference is probably something trivial.

Designed off the stock plate...good enough for me. I'll take one.

METZ
02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I just bought this plate from Cindy a few days ago and it looks just like the ebay one you have pictured. Maybe they changed their supplier.

glhs727
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
No, normally our plates are also blanchard ground after they are cut, but we had so many people on back order that this batch we just had media blasted. The next batch is currently in production and they will be ground and all nice and pretty. If you want to exchange yours, just call us but the next production run isn't expected to be finished till March.
Later,
Cindy

METZ
02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
As long as it does what its supposed to I dont care what it looks like. Thanks for the info.

Frank
02-10-2006, 09:20 AM
The ones on ebay are Omni-Potent's. The gentleman who made these plates, made them out of 3/16" chrome-moly (which is the only thickness available in chrome-moly sheets). These are a little thicker than the factory ones.

These are direct copies of the factory plates in terms of hole sizes. The template used was a factory plate. Several of these plates are already in trannys.

The price for these units is $95 shipped. If anyone is not completely satisfied with these units, they can return them for a full refund. You can PM me or send an email to omni1985@aol.com. We accept Paypal, money order or personal check.

Thanks!!!!!

That is awesome to know! Thanks very much.

Frank

GLHSKEN
02-10-2006, 09:33 AM

Thanks!!!!!

Thank YOU for your support of this site!!!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/cmps_index.php?page=our_vendors

Have you seen the new vendor page. Potent parts links directly to your profile page so people may contact you easier.

deuce dodge
02-10-2006, 09:08 PM
just recieved a "moly plate" from OMNI-POTENT.

am very impressed........:)

.......quick delivery and a SWEET looking plate.......

i matched it to the stock plate for size..........wonderful.

how did they get such a clean look.......?

thanks OMNI-POTENT.

deuce

WickedShelby88
02-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Hmm will have to price some Cro-mo steel sheet and try to talk my boss at work into letting me tool a set up so I can make one of those. If they are on backorder and everyone swears by them Im going to have to install one in both of the A555's I have. An OBX posi wouldnt hurt either...

GLHSKEN
02-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Omni Potent has them... no backorder... They are a good insurance policy for making over 250 whp or so. I have 3 5 sp trannies, 1 5 sp car (well 2 now) and only 1 plate. If a tanse bites it, swap it to the next one.

OMNI-Potent
02-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. We are only concerned about your happiness with the quality of the product and something you can expect from OMNI-Potent.

We do want everyone to know that we are a little bit away from a website as product R&D funds have been sucking our money in a different direction. Plus, we would like to have a few more products (for a website) which are in the works. I think some exciting products too.

Our goal is to offer different products that no other vendor has. Therefore we will not be in direct competition with any other vendor. We made a run of these plates to see what the market is like for products. This is our marketing test for pricing, stocking levels and buyer desires. We test our products in our own vechiles first, so quality will be a given.

We do have these plates in stock and if you pay today, they ship tomorrow. No ifs ands or buts!

We are open to all suggestions for products that people want, so just PM or email us.

Thanks for your interest!

OMNI-Potent
02-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Many Kudos to Frank and Ken for an excellent job with turbo-mopar!!!!!!!!!!!

GLHSKEN
02-12-2006, 01:23 PM
For $25/year we host the website. Look into that option. I really do not think you will find cheaper...

And thank you again. our pleasure. Got any teasers for what is offered next???

cordes
02-12-2006, 10:28 PM
For $25/year we host the website. Look into that option. I really do not think you will find cheaper...

Agreed. I am in the process of having TMK host my site, and it does not get any cheaper than what they offer.

OMNI-Potent
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM

Absolutely, I'm going to look into that. That is a great price for webstie hosting.

Well, we have a couple items, I think that will make people's jaws drop. They will be filling in some "missing" items. However, one item we are not going with as we can't bring it to you guys at the price we had set for it. I don't think anyone will buy these at the price that it finally worked out to be. And we are trying to price everything right, so the items will sell.

However, we are focusing on one item now that looks promising.

So nice try Ken!!! LOL!!! I just don't want to promise anything that might not be feasible yet.

The S is Silent
02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Absolutely, I'm going to look into that. That is a great price for webstie hosting.

Well, we have a couple items, I think that will make people's jaws drop. They will be filling in some "missing" items. However, one item we are not going with as we can't bring it to you guys at the price we had set for it. I don't think anyone will buy these at the price that it finally worked out to be. And we are trying to price everything right, so the items will sell.

So nice try Ken!!! LOL!!! I just don't want to promise anything that might not be feasible yet.

Come on! You've got to tell us what it is!!!!!

deuce dodge
03-04-2006, 08:19 AM
update

tranny builder friend loves the moly plate......very impressed.

and the tranny is done wooooo hooooooooo

deuce

deuce

OMNI-Potent
03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks Deuce!

I hope everyone is as happy about the plates.

We are still working on a few items, but things have been slower than we anticipated. Oh well! We aren't going to scarifice quality so it is taking a little longer.

We still have plates for anyone who is interested. $95 shipped, plates are in stock!

Thanks!

Cliff Ramsdell
03-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I bought 4 plates from Omni-Potent and they were shipped fast and work great, used three already.

Thanks Deuce!

I hope everyone is as happy about the plates.

We are still working on a few items, but things have been slower than we anticipated. Oh well! We aren't going to scarifice quality so it is taking a little longer.

We still have plates for anyone who is interested. $95 shipped, plates are in stock!

Thanks!

turbovanmanČ
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM

You sound like a Politician, ;)

Can't wait to see what products where missing, :nod:

OMNI-Potent
03-15-2006, 11:06 PM
You sound like a Politician, ;)

Can't wait to see what products where missing, :nod:

Thanks Simon,

Politician, Diplomatic.....however you want to look at it! :amen:

Hopefully stuff people need! LOL:D

BadAssPerformance
03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Yo Omni, got any pics of your plates? are they ground? thanks!

OMNI-Potent
03-19-2006, 10:45 PM
SURE! Here ya go.... They are not ground, but they are sand blasted.

And Finally, we have our next item.

I will be posting about it in the next few days. They are GLHS hood louver block off plates. These are reproductions of the one's that Shelby put on the GLHS cars. Want to put a 2 piece intake on an L-body? Want to replace your rusted one with a brand new one? These are primed and ready to paint. They come with stainless steel screws, new lock washers and the plate. So all the hardware comes with it. These are going to be $38 shipped.

Thanks!

tryingbe
03-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Pictures for those GLHS plate?

BadAssPerformance
03-20-2006, 01:14 AM
SURE! Here ya go.... They are not ground, but they are sand blasted.

Pics look good :thumb:

I thought grinding them was for flatness not appearance :confused:

OMNI-Potent
03-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Pictures for those GLHS plate?

I will be posting a thread tonight in the Vendor section. It will have all the information about these listed in the thread, plus some pics!

Thanks!

OMNI-Potent
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Pics look good :thumb:

I thought grinding them was for flatness not appearance :confused:

The sheet of chrome moly is pretty thick and has little play or bend to it, so flatness is not an issue for the most part.

We also looked into Blanchard grinding them. However, the process is such that a magnet holds them for flatness while the machine grinds them. Long and short of it is that once the magnet lets go, if there was any warp to them, it will come back after the grinding process. So in short, we found no good way to grind these for flatness. Again, you will see these are flat anyways since the chrome moly really doesn't have much play to it. So, we sand blast them to take off any imperfections on the top, as well as any rust that might accumlate. As well, we oil ours after the sand blasting to keep a nice apperance.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know. I will try to answer them as best I can.

BadAssPerformance
03-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I've longer seen 3/16" (and thicker) plate strips bow when leaned against walls or hanging in racks as stored.

I guess I figured that the magnetic vise wouldnt be able to flaten the bow, kinda like how a cable between two telephone poles is never straight across, and once one side is flat, the other side could be ground too. But if your are flat w/o grinding, thats cool.

In addition to the shock resistant and strength improvements of the Chrome Moly, I think another good improvement over stocker plates is the flatnes, as every one of the stock stamped plates I have seen has the same exact as stamped bow in it.

deuce dodge
08-03-2006, 11:28 PM
update......have beat the living daylights out of the moly plate.....works perfect..........third gear banging tire fries.....woooooo hoooooooo

deuce