PDA

View Full Version : SDAC in Western/Central NY area?

1FastCSX289
01-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, I know that there are several of us in the area, so how many would be interested in starting a local chapter? Nothing crazy with weekly homework assignments and big money dues or anything.......maybe a bi-monthly meeting or just a few get togethers at different cruise-ins or drag races, etc. I talked to Barry and it doesnt sound too difficult to get a chapter going. Chime in if youre interested.

slasky
01-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I am interested in joining as long as there is a no Gazer policy. Sorry Bucar.

1FastCSX289
01-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I am interested in joining as long as there is a no Gazer policy. Sorry Bucar.

We'll let Bucar in, but we'll double his dues.;)

Aries_Turbo
01-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Bastards! if there is no-gazer policy, ill be the only one there. ;)

im in. Im sure Mark, Kevin, Birdman (from Roclife), my other friend Scott (from Warsaw) and a few others would join. :)

Brian

sdac guy
01-20-2007, 05:20 PM
In the SDAC membership listing I count about 10 current members in the Syracuse - Rochester area (sorted by ZIP between 13--- & 14---) and an additional dozen former members. But as I scroll down the listing the majority of those names are not folks I see online at all. So if the new chapter was formed and the announcement of it went out in the newsletter, I am sure there would be additional responses from current SDAC members that do not have an online presence.

Barry

1FastCSX289
01-20-2007, 07:05 PM
In the SDAC membership listing I count about 10 current members in the Syracuse - Rochester area (sorted by ZIP between 13--- & 14---) and an additional dozen former members. But as I scroll down the listing the majority of those names are not folks I see online at all. So if the new chapter was formed and the announcement of it went out in the newsletter, I am sure there would be additional responses from current SDAC members that do not have an online presence.

Barry

Alright. It seems that between here and TD.com, we have seven guys who have expressed interest so far. I can think of one or two more that are on the forums and if Brian can round up his guys, we will have well over the 12 normally needed to start a chapter. Im gonna give it a few more days and then I will send out some PM's to get contact info from people. Than, I will get back you, Barry.

slasky
03-31-2007, 12:43 PM
So are we doing this?

sdac guy
03-31-2007, 12:51 PM
IIRC, I thought I said that 12 was not a figure cut in stone any more. Strong enthusiasm among the folks in the area would make up for lack of numbers.

My point is that I don't want to go through starting a chapter and then it fail in the first few months to year because of lack of interest among the locals, that's all. :D

Barry

1FastCSX289
03-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Im up for it. I say we come up with a meeting date and place and plan a first event, like a Mopar show or something.....maybe just a cruise night. Id like to put together a club.

Barry, what would you suggest as a first step?

sdac guy
03-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Im up for it. I say we come up with a meeting date and place and plan a first event, like a Mopar show or something.....maybe just a cruise night. Id like to put together a club.

Barry, what would you suggest as a first step?You nailed it right there (in your sentence above).

As anyone that heads or works in a chapter can attest to, there will always be folks that respond online, "Yeah, count me in!!" But the real proof if folks are interested in starting a chapter or supporting chapter activities are those that show up for the meetings or the activities.

Barry

Aries_Turbo
03-31-2007, 04:30 PM
im in for sure. I think for the first meet it should be some place with food ;) and a low key atmosphere so we can talk and flesh out some details on what we want to happen and how. we all have an active drag strip presence so we can have some of the meets there... that is meetings without serious discussion.

Brian

2.216VTurbo
03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
im in for sure. I think for the first meet it should be some place with food ;) and a low key atmosphere so we can talk and flesh out some details on what we want to happen and how. we all have an active drag strip presence so we can have some of the meets there... that is meetings without serious discussion.

Brian

Sweet, Brian said there was gonna be flesh and racing at the meets, I hope he's talking about female flesh, but hey whatever you guys wanna do:D

Our meetings started off with less than ten attendees, I used to send out post cards to announce the next meet because the stamps were cheaper than envelopes. Yes young pups, this was pre-internet:o

The key is consistancy, have the meet the same designated time/place every month and you will be suprised how many will show up out of routine. We've had members 'go away' for years then come back when life permits;)

iangoround
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm about it.

sdac guy
03-31-2007, 07:26 PM
The key is consistancy, have the meet the same designated time/place every month and you will be suprised how many will show up out of routine. We've had members 'go away' for years then come back when life permits;) :amen:

We've been meeting in GL chapter since the mid 90's. We've changed meeting places a few times as the situation warranted. We've changed the day of the month/week to be more accomodating also. But we meet every month winter, summer, rain, shine.

Even when we used to meet at Hooters (which is useless if you want to talk to each other), there were quite a few times when I was the only one there. So I guilt tripped folks (in a minor kidding way) for not being there. :D It worked a little. :thumb:

I can't recall any time in the last couple years when I've sat alone through a meeting, so we've developed a core group now. But once you get going, as Alan said, consistency is the key.

Barry

1FastCSX289
03-31-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm about it.

Well, if we could get EVERYONE who is interested to PM me with their name, contact info and their location (so we can pick a central meeting spot) that would be good.

If you know anyone on the other forums, give them a shout too!

slasky
04-01-2007, 12:46 AM
We have been meeting informally for the past few years. Why not make it official?

1FastCSX289
04-01-2007, 08:52 AM
We have been meeting informally for the past few years. Why not make it official?

Well, three of four of us get together at the track or whatever, but we should do an official meeting to get everyone together, see what we all expect out of it and then set up an event (track, show, cruise, etc). Im gonna give this a few days to get some PMs and then I will send out a mass PM about a meet time and place. Werd?

Orangetona
04-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Guys, i'm in. As long as theres no homework assignments. :D

You were supposed to contact me guys! lol... j/k. Ill send you a pm 1fastcsx.

1FastCSX289
04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Guys, i'm in. As long as theres no homework assignments. :D

You were supposed to contact me guys! lol... j/k. Ill send you a pm 1fastcsx.

Well, I guess while I was waiting for more people to chime in, I put it on the back burner. I think we may only have 8 or so people, but that will have to be good enough.

Orangetona
04-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Can you give a rundown on whos in for sure so far?

1FastCSX289
04-01-2007, 07:18 PM
1. 1FastCSX289
2. Slasky
3. Aries_Turbo
4. Iangoroudn
5. Orangetona
6. Quantum
7. jeremyshelby

There were like 3 guys over on TD.com that expressed interest too. I will PM them. So, that could be as many as 10 if everyone follows through.

Orangetona
04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Alright, sounds cool. :thumb:

quantum
04-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Sounds good.

1FastCSX289
04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
OK, I sent a PM to the others on TD.com and havent gotten a response yet. So, it might just be the 7 or 8 of us listed above. Maybe once we get rolling, there will be more interested.

How do you guys want to work this? We could start with a purely informational meeting at the end of April or beginning of May. Just sit and talk about what we want to do.....maybe go to a restaurant, cruise in, or we could meet at the school where I work and order some pizza and wings. What do you guys think?

I think once we establish ourselves in the first meeting, we could throw out some ideas for ongoing meetings (like the second wed of the month for ex.). If we bring some ideas on some of the events we would like to do, we could mark them on the calendar too.

My preference for dates would be wednesday the 25th of April or wednesday the 2nd of May. I am open to other days (like mondays or fridays), but wednesdays are best for me........plus if wed. winds up as our regular meeting, we could do them at the log cabin cruise in during the summer. For those that dont know the log cabin, its the largest cruise-in on the east coast......that where I argue with the likes of Brock Yates:lol: It is east of fairport NY by about 10 minutes (forgot the name of the town).

Anyways let me know what ya'll think. It might be tough to find a day that we can all meet without issue, but we can just go with whatever day has the most in attendance.

GLHSKEN
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
The official "SDAC GAZER" community is about to arrive.

1FastCSX289
04-07-2007, 12:02 PM
The official "SDAC GAZER" community is about to arrive.

Hey. Just b/c Lasky and Bucar are in the chapter, doesnt mean we are the "gazer" chapter. The group shouldnt be held accountable for these two.

Aries_Turbo
04-07-2007, 02:04 PM
frank would have to be in our chapter if we were to be the gazer chapter cause he is the king gazer!

Brian

Orangetona
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
LMAO this is funny. :nod:

Wednesdays are probably best for me also.

Aries_Turbo
04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
april 25 is fine by me.

the school is fine for me too.

during the week isnt the best time for me as a regular meeting day. friday and saturday are though. monday is out as I already have a guys get together at my house (redneck roundup :)) though if that was the only time that we could meet then id prolly cancel my monday night thing.

Brian

1FastCSX289
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
OK, 1 vote for april 25th at the high school.......any other votes?

I say we talk about regular meeting days at the first meeting.

Aries_Turbo
04-07-2007, 10:26 PM
sounds like a plan for me.

Brian

slasky
04-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Sounds good to me. What time??? Do you know that some people work later than 2:30?? Some people even work in the summer too!!

1FastCSX289
04-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Sounds good to me. What time??? Do you know that some people work later than 2:30?? Some people even work in the summer too!!

I heard that once.

So I would say we meet around dinner time and order some food for the meeting. If everyone chips in a few bucks we can do pizza or whatever.

Keep the input coming guys. So far we have 3 in for the meeting. Lets get everyone on board so we can put this chapter together.

iangoround
04-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Which school?

Evenings are better for me, just about any day of the week. I'm normally done with classes/work by 5pm or so

1FastCSX289
04-08-2007, 09:33 AM
In the auto technology classroom.....

Webster Thomas High School
800 Five Mile Line Rd.
Webster, NY 14580

And we dont have to meet there......we could the log cabin or wherever........

Just chime in.

Orangetona
04-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Seems rather easy to find for me, seeing that its right off RT. 104 right? Mapquest says its about an hour and a half drive for me. If its really easy to find I should have no problem getting there in say, 25 mins? LOL j/k.

1FastCSX289
04-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Seems rather easy to find for me, seeing that its right off RT. 104 right? Mapquest says its about an hour and a half drive for me. If its really easy to find I should have no problem getting there in say, 25 mins? LOL j/k.

Yea, you can just about see 104 from the school. Does that day, time and location work for you?

slasky
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
It should only be around an hour for you.

jeremyshelby
04-09-2007, 09:17 AM
unfortunately I will be out of town on business for this meeting...I know the week is fairly tough for me since I have to drive from syracuse. Meeting on a satruday or saturday night would be best. One thing that would be cool would be some garage tech type things. Where we get together and work on somebodys car. We do these with the central new york mopar association from time to time. Keep me in the loop on the next meeting and hopefully i will be able to make it.

quantum
04-09-2007, 09:33 AM
25th sounds fine to me. I get out of work around 4 so as long as it's after that I'm set.

1FastCSX289
04-09-2007, 09:39 AM
unfortunately I will be out of town on business for this meeting...I know the week is fairly tough for me since I have to drive from syracuse. Meeting on a satruday or saturday night would be best. One thing that would be cool would be some garage tech type things. Where we get together and work on somebodys car. We do these with the central new york mopar association from time to time. Keep me in the loop on the next meeting and hopefully i will be able to make it.

Would the following week be any better for you? I go to Syracuse quite often. Depending where you are in Syracuse, if you take 370W to 104W, you can make it in 1:15 minutes if you dont get into traffic.

jeremyshelby
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
The following week is better for me.....you don't have to change just for me....but let me know......btw i live just north of the city of syracuse at the crossroads of 481 and 81 about a mile from drivers village. (about 10 miles from ESTA)

also i posted this in the lounge but i found an 87 GLH-t forsale in syracuse..$1700.

here is the ad

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/car/308045540.html

1FastCSX289
04-09-2007, 09:53 AM
The following week is better for me.....you don't have to change just for me....but let me know......btw i live just north of the city of syracuse at the crossroads of 481 and 81 about a mile from drivers village. (about 10 miles from ESTA)

also i posted this in the lounge but i found an 87 GLH-t forsale in syracuse..$1700.

here is the ad

I saw that post and responded. That used to be my car.

Well, lets see if the following week works for everyone else.......if so, why not do it then? We're not changing it because we havent actually set a date yet, so dont worry about that.

So what do we think? Does May 2nd work equally as well for everyone else?

Jeremy, I know exactly where you are. If you PM me later, I can give you specific directions.

quantum
04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
May 2nd should be fine for me as well.

mark
04-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I might be interested, but I dont have much knowlege to bring to the table.

also, does anyone in roc/syr/buf have a spare wg can and a wg control solenoid i can buy?

slasky
04-09-2007, 10:24 AM

here is the ad

That was my car at one point too. That picture was taken in my back yard.

jeremyshelby
04-09-2007, 11:47 AM
looks like a nice car just wish i had the money for it.

1FastCSX289
04-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I might be interested, but I dont have much knowlege to bring to the table.

also, does anyone in roc/syr/buf have a spare wg can and a wg control solenoid i can buy?

You dont need to have any knowledge. We all start out knowing nothing. If youre in the area and have an interest, we'd like to have you. Is the evening of May 2nd open for you?

Aries_Turbo
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
mark, youre coming. :)

may2 is fine for me. :)

what kind of wastegate can do you need? T2? T1? Mitsu? I prolly have a solenoid but I dunno about a wastegate can other than a mitsu.

Brian

1FastCSX289
04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
mark, youre coming. :)

may2 is fine for me. :)

what kind of wastegate can do you need? T2? T1? Mitsu? I prolly have a solenoid but I dunno about a wastegate can other than a mitsu.

Brian

May 2nd is sounding pretty good then. I also may have a solenoid and mitsu can.

Does ANYONE have an issue with wednesday may 2nd? Do we still want to meet at the school with pizza and stuff? Im thinking around 6PM?

mark
04-09-2007, 06:53 PM
may 2nd works for me.

i think i need a larger can, its for a hybrid t3/t4.

i also need a vacum pump. it might be fine, but i need to check it.

this dumb car is frustrating me, lol.

gets to 18psi just fine, but then drops off to 10 psi. tried preload on the wg, added a spring... same thing, disconn wg hose, and held it manually at 20psi in 5th, it held. im thinking the solenoid. i have replaced every vacume line.
maybe something I can get a second opinion on may 2nd. can we use the lift at the school? i might have something up with the K frame. i will pay for any time on the lift.

Orangetona
04-09-2007, 07:11 PM
As of right now, May 2nd is good for me also. I like the location also. It should be easy to find for me.

iangoround
04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Anything is probably fine with me. I never really know what my week is going to be like until it happens though. Hopefully I can plan around this.

slasky
04-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Bump

Anyone else?

iangoround
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Did we decide on May 2? What time again?

1FastCSX289
04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
May 2nd at 6:30? How does that sound? Drive your cars, of course! Mark, we have a vacuum pump you can use.

mark
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
i already got one, I figured its a good tool to invest in. :)
R/C racing season is over so It's time to put all the play $ into the real car.

jeremyshelby
04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
too bad i won't be able to bring my car since the motor is still out of it and im working on redoing the suspension.

slasky
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
too bad i won't be able to bring my car since the motor is still out of it and im working on redoing the suspension.
You still have a week to finish it. :)

jeremyshelby
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I wish i could but im planning on building a log header and i want to find a 2 piece intake, 88 tbi cam, pt lifters, braided lines for the turbo. fmic, 52mm TB and make everything look pretty...along with all new poly bushings and new struts/springs..possibly coilovers. all this work is gonna take me a while and some funds. im hoping to have the bottom end back togther and the top end ready for the new mainfold and header by early summer....then build the header this fall....its gonna kill me not to drive it this summer but oh well..i will just have to play with my old mans cars (70 challenger RT/SE (383 big block car) 74 duster (340/4speed) 70 cuda (383/4speed) ).....yes my family loves our mopars.

1FastCSX289
04-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey all,

Im just sending out a reminder that we will be having the first ever C/WNY SDAC meeting, next wednesday, May 2nd at 6:30 PM.

The meeting will take place at:
Webster Thomas High School
800 Five Mile Line Rd.
Webster, NY 14580

Look for the white bay doors in the front of the building to the eastern side. Hopefully, there will be a few TM's in the lot to guide you in!

Please BRING:
1. Your car (if you have one) to show and for everyone to gaulk at.
2. Money for dinner (maybe 5-6 bucks).
3. IDEAS for local events you would like to add to the calendar.
4. MORE IDEAS for what you want the club to be.
5. Any FRIENDS who might have an interest. We will have 9-10 members if everyone shows, but we would welcome anyone who has an interest.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone out here for the kick-off. Hopefully, we'll have some good times hanging out, eating, and BS'in about TM's!

Please RSVP as soon as possible so I can make dinner arrangements.

-Sean
austrianoakjr@yahoo.com

mark
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm in.

1FastCSX289
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm in.

Great. So far we have 5 that are definately in. Others said earlier that they were most likely in, but I would like a commitment so I can order food. Let me hear from the rest of you guys.

Barry sent me a list of "business" things that we will cover in the beginning, but after that, it should be just hang time. If youve got something small you want to tackle in the shop, bring it on. (No engine rebuilds or tranny overhauls, please.) Pizza, wings, cars, and lots of tools. How can you go wrong?

mark
04-27-2007, 10:55 AM
we should have a monthly newsletter of things we accomplished and stuff, maybe some kinf od excel sheet/list of any specialties people have, or tools, and cell phone contacts and stuff... If commitment numbers are low... we can do an empire hots run rather than trying to count people for pizza.

oh also, just a side note, on craigs list yesterday I saw a van in webster. 2.5 n/a with a manual tranny... should be a 568 for your van sean!

1FastCSX289
04-27-2007, 01:45 PM
we should have a monthly newsletter of things we accomplished and stuff, maybe some kinf od excel sheet/list of any specialties people have, or tools, and cell phone contacts and stuff... If commitment numbers are low... we can do an empire hots run rather than trying to count people for pizza.

oh also, just a side note, on craigs list yesterday I saw a van in webster. 2.5 n/a with a manual tranny... should be a 568 for your van sean!

Empire hots run would be a good idea. Lets see how many commitments we get. For those from Syracuse (and other places).......we'll introduce you to the "trash plate". Ha Ha!

I think that van would have a 523, which is what is already in mine. But, thanks.

Aries_Turbo
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
im in.... ill bring my car and my cal stuff

Brian

slasky
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
im in.... ill bring my car and my cal stuff

Brian
Sean I thought we had a "No gazer" policy???

I guess not.

Aries_Turbo
04-27-2007, 11:54 PM
if theres a "no gazer" policy, then why are you even bothering to come? ;)

Brian

iangoround
04-28-2007, 09:34 AM
mmm garbage plate. my personal favorite is the Jimmy Z's rendition in Brockport.

I'm going to try to make it. I'll have to see exactly what my schedule is like. Finals are coming up. yikes.

Aries_Turbo
04-28-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah Jimmy Z's plates RULE!

Brian

Orangetona
04-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Im there! I wont have a car to bring unfortunately but I will eventually. Ill have my barneymobile. (purple grand am) lol...

1FastCSX289
04-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Looks like were up to 6 definates for wednesday. Im still waiting to hear from two guys and I have 2 "probably's". Its looking good. Hopefully, we get some decent weather to maybe go for a cruise (garbage plates or maybe desert).

People who have replied "yes".

Me
Slasky
aries_turbo
quantum
mark
orangetona

Probably:
Jeremyshelby
iangoround

We're still waiting to hear from Jory.

Orangetona
04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Cool im sure in the future there will be more to join up.

Aries_Turbo
04-28-2007, 11:41 PM
sean/slasky, brian minchen might come too. he has a T2 turbo on a Eclipse that he turbocharged lol. its the 2gnt one with the neon block and the backwards 16v head. he wont have that car though..... he'll prolly come with me.

Brian

1FastCSX289
04-29-2007, 08:19 AM
sean/slasky, brian minchen might come too. he has a T2 turbo on a Eclipse that he turbocharged lol. its the 2gnt one with the neon block and the backwards 16v head. he wont have that car though..... he'll prolly come with me.

Brian

Hey, thats cool. There arent any rules saying what kind of car you own....just that you have an interest in shelby dodges. In actuality, I dont think half the group owns a "shelby" car. Bring him along....hes a cool guy.

Orangetona
04-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I own a car that has a shelby name lol. Thats about all I can say.

Orangetona
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
So whats the weather supposed to be like? It would be nice if it didnt rain for once.:o

1FastCSX289
04-30-2007, 07:28 PM
So whats the weather supposed to be like? It would be nice if it didnt rain for once.:o

Looks good. Showers are supposed to roll through by wednesday morning and then clear up. Temp are only gonna be in the mid 50's though. Thats OK. I will take it as long as it doesnt rain.

Orangetona
04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Im not worried about 50 degree weather lol if it rains I wont be happy. :nod:

1FastCSX289
05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
DONT FORGET! Meeting tomorrow. We'll have about 8 guys, so its a small enough group to go cruise up to get some garbage plates after we cover some business.

See you there!

Orangetona
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
See everyone there. Including you IAN! You better show, ill hafta beat ya.

BTW, dont cruise without me LOL you'll get me lost. :nod: Im horrible with directions.

Aries_Turbo
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah I wont forget. Unfortunately I have to go home after work and drop off the work van and pick up the k car so time is going to be tight. oh well.

Brian

1FastCSX289
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
yeah I wont forget. Unfortunately I have to go home after work and drop off the work van and pick up the k car so time is going to be tight. oh well.

Brian

I thought that k-car was fast?

Aries_Turbo
05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
it is fast. so fast im sitting next to your daytona in the parking lot right now. :)

Brian

Orangetona
05-02-2007, 11:18 PM
it is fast. so fast im sitting next to your daytona in the parking lot right now. :)

Brian

LOL...

Anyways, I thought it was fun. And I made it home without getting lost. :p

1FastCSX289
05-03-2007, 07:25 AM
LOL...

Anyways, I thought it was fun. And I made it home without getting lost. :p

Great! It was good meeting you. Hopefully you can have that daytona back together for June!

As for the rest that didnt make it, I will be typing up some notes from the meeting and initially setting some dates for events through the summer.

I think a good time was had by all. Who wouldnt like talking cars and eating greasy food?

iangoround
05-03-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm pretty bummed I didn't make it out. I didn't even get out of work until 7 and Webster is about an hour away from my apartment.

Oh well. Next time I guess.

jeremyshelby
05-03-2007, 09:04 AM
yeah i really widsh i could have made it.....it really sucks not having a second car after somebody rear ends your daily driver.....hopefully i will figure out what is going on soon.....I should start a new poll what car should i buy to replace my old one...it is gonna be used under $13000 be a 4 door.....driveable in upstate ny winter and be great on gas. what is everyones thoughts???

sdac guy
05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Please do your poll in the lounge.

We would really like to keep the discussions in the chapter forum centered on chapter activities and issues.

Thanks,

Barry

1FastCSX289
05-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I compiled some notes from the meeting. Check them out and let me know if there's anything I missed. If not, I will contact Barry regarding the chapter agreement and get this thing started. I think we should meet in early June to sign the chapter agreement and talk about plans for SDAC 17. Let shoot some dates and ideas around.

Thanks.

mark
05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
it was good time! good to meet new people!

slasky gave me a good idea to fix my boost issue/drop off. gazer brian scanned my car and said it's all good. sean let me use the lift to figure out why my spirit has the pimp lean on the drivers side, and it has us all stumped.

much thanks, looking forward to more meets and new faces

mark
05-03-2007, 11:27 AM
i'd like to do sdac, but i dont feel comfortable making the trip with my pos. :(

slasky
05-03-2007, 11:35 AM
i'd like to do sdac, but i dont feel comfortable making the trip with my pos. :(
you can ride with one of us

Orangetona
05-03-2007, 11:43 AM

What is the POS? The spirit? It didnt seem like one to me. Although, I didnt ride in it or anything.

Sean, the notes look good, sounds like it should be fun once things get underway.

1FastCSX289
05-03-2007, 11:45 AM

Yea, ride with someone......or.....both slasky and I are trailering our cars. If your's craps out, we can always juggle cars around on the trailers. The only problem will be if we end up breaking our cars too.

mark
05-03-2007, 11:50 AM
i'll check my schedule :)

quantum
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Yea, ride with someone......or.....both slasky and I are trailering our cars. If your's craps out, we can always juggle cars around on the trailers. The only problem will be if we end up breaking our cars too.

Doubt you would break Sean; your car is as solid as a new oil pump.....:bolt:

slasky
05-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Doubt you would break Sean; your car is as solid as a new oil pump.....:bolt:

Yeah your cars hardly ever break Sean.

1FastCSX289
05-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah your cars hardly ever break Sean.

Shove it.

Aries_Turbo
05-03-2007, 04:26 PM
yeah it was fun. Nice meeting you mike.

dont be a puss mark. put a non slipping clutch in that car and drive it! Im driving mine to SDAC. :)

Brian

1FastCSX289
05-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Started a new thread for June's meeting. Check it out:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14693