PDA

View Full Version : Question for the turbo guru's

rdnoel86
01-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I found a td05 16g brand new turbo I had set aside for a different project. Is this turbo worth putting on a srt-4 engine as a performance upgrade over stock(I know a different manifold will be needed) or will the gain be minimal so don't bother and leave the stock system on? Doing a little research at srt.com it seems to be a little bit of an upgrade but how much? I would probably use it if I can improve 30 - 40 hp, if its 10hp or so, I probably won't bother..Thanx guys.....Don

rdnoel86
01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
What?? not even 1 opinion??? come on guys!!

glhs727
01-18-2007, 10:58 PM
It will be a small upgrade if you keep other things fairly stock. It would be good for maybe 25hp. But you can easily get that 25 hp with other upgrades, and if you do the exhaust and IC, then that turbo would be too small and your gains will again be minimal. You are better off selling the td05 and using the money for a better turbo in general like a 50 trim, or similar. You can pick up 100+ hp with a big turbo and the right mods easily, and would be better money spent.
Later,
Cindy

rdnoel86
01-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanx Cindy!! Thats exactly the info I was looking for!!! Ok another ebay listing coming up.........Don

ps....I said "come on guys" and the classy lady vendor comes through!

Girls - 1
Guys- 0
HEHE:thumb: .

turbovanmanČ
01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Well you have to post in the right section, so I moved it for you, :p

Guys-1
Girls-1 :D

rdnoel86
01-19-2007, 01:00 AM
LOL.......touche'......ok scores even......:lol:

Chris W
01-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Well you have to post in the right section, so I moved it for you, :p

Guys-1
Girls-1 :D

Yeah, what he said:lol:

You don't want to be limiting yourself with that Mitsu turbo. It will cost you way more money (not to mention time) to modify it to work on a turbo-mopar vehicle then to just bite the bullet and invest in the right turbo from the start. Be sure to do the research and choose carefully.

Chris-TU

JuXsA
01-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I would think a 46 trim or a 50 trim would be sweet. Although if you could a afford a DBB turbo then that would be ultimate. It would spool close to stock and make way more power...

Keito
01-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I believe the 16G wheel is the one Forward Motion is using on the
SRT Enforcer 1 turbos.
Their taking a stock turbo, machining the housing and adding this wheel.
They claim it's good for 30 hp on a mildly modded SRT-4.

mpboost
01-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I believe the 16G wheel is the one Forward Motion is using on the
SRT Enforcer 1 turbos.
Their taking a stock turbo, machining the housing and adding this wheel.
They claim it's good for 30 hp on a mildly modded SRT-4.
I happen to have an SRT Enforcer 1 turbo sitting here. They also clip the turbine.

It just happens to be going on a mildly modded SRT-4 (Stage 2/exhaust/FMIC/WGA).

Unfortunately I don't have a dyno sheet for its current setup :(