PDA

View Full Version : intercooler for my lebaron

kwiksilver
01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
In the process of doing an engine/manaul trans swap on my 89 lebaron and I am toying with the idea of adding an intercooler while the motor is out.

this will be a farily stock, daily driver, so I am looking for something factory or near factory that will be easy to bolt in and should include all the brackets and piping.

I am told a shelby Z rad I/C will bolt in but I am not sure how difficult those are to find or what other factory take off parts might work.

midohiomoparsource
01-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Just and FYI, all Daytona/Lebaron IC's will work from 87-89 until 90. They would come from a factory 5 speed car. If it is an auto car, they were non intercooled. The GTC Lebaron's that were 5 speed's in 88-89 were intercooled as well but are harder to find then Daytona's.

Hope this helps.

Matt

kwiksilver
01-18-2007, 12:40 PM
thanks for the heads up... this explains why my 89 lebaron is NOT intercooled, because it has an automatic transmission.

so, Matt.... you got any parts I can use?

88_pacifica
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
kwiksilver, did you figure out if you're using the manual trans for sure in that 89? If so, then it's a straight swap-out since there's no need to have cooling for the trans. But, if you want to keep it auto for driveablities sake you have a few options. You can use the manual trans rad and IC assembly and add an addtl cooler for the trans, but it won't be as efficient as the OEM rad. Let us know for sure whether you're going auto or manual first...

kwiksilver
01-18-2007, 02:43 PM
both the wife and I want a manual trans.

the manual trans from the 88 parts car is missing anyway, so I thought this would be a good time to upgrade.

Mario
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I have a few options for you...

T2 Radiator with the IC brackets for $60
T2 Radiator with IC for $125

I also have piping however they are custom pieces for an L-Body. You should be able to simply buy a couple silicone pieces to make them fit in your body. The upper pipe is a long aluminum piece. Very nice with a HKS SSQV BOV.

Asking $150 for the piping.

kwiksilver
01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
thanks for the replies

I guess I need all the stuff from a T2 car... intercooler, airbox and plumbing.
I would prefer to buy it all at once instead of piece together and end up missing something.

tryingbe
01-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I have intercooler, radiator, airbox, all hoses, except the air box to turbo hose. but you can use your stock hose for that.

PM me if you're interested.

WOP'R
01-19-2007, 01:47 AM
im selling my set up in the parts for sale section...i got pics to to make it easier