PDA

View Full Version : Super 50 trim, 17's w/ tires, 2.5CB

8valves
01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
$300 -Turbonetics Super 50 Trim T3/TO4E hybrid. Polished 3" inlet compressor cover, .63 AR housing, stage II wheel. Comes with a homemade 3" swingvalve (3 bolt header flange) and matching downpipe, TU hybrid wastegate bracket, large can wastegate actuator. The exhaust housing and swingvalve are both ceramic coated from Dart! The coatings alone were $175, to buy a new 3" SV and downpipe isn't cheap either, and you get the wastegate setup! THE CATCH: she needs a rebuild folks! The turbo was on a motor that failed bad and it toasted the bearings, there is a lot of "up and down" shaft play but ZERO in and out. It actually still spins very freely. The compressor wheel touched the housing VERY lightly, I have pictures of the wheel and the housing where it touched. It might need a new compressor wheel, but honestly there is nearly no damage to it, just a very, and I mean very light lip to the inducer blades. It might actually be saveable, but that's a better question for Chris at TU or such.

In my opinion it's worth the money... in the end you'd have a great hybrid setup with everything needed to fit it on your car, and some awesome coatings as well!

$50 -2.5 CB, block, crank, flexplate, TQ conv, water pump and housing... I think that's everything. I needed it for the front main seal retainer plate but never even used it. This was a turbo motor and it looks like it had a rod failure. The crank would need grinding if used, of course the standard rebuild done to it. But you get all that stuff for $50!! Just come pick it up in Rochester, MI!!

$550 -Rage Breaker 17x7 wheels with Falken Azenis ST115 215/40/ZR17's. Frotn tires have about 50% life left, rears have probably 85%. One wheel has a 1x1" curb rash mark on a spoke... extremely hard to see unless it's in your face. These are actualyl quite light for a 17, I just have way too long of gearing now mixed with the 3.50FD tranny I use. These work very well to lengthen your gears if using a 3.85 FD tranny. I paid nearly $900 for these 1.5 years ago and they've been awesome. They are one of my favorite wheels on these cars.

I don't have pictures of the motor, that should be self explanatory. The turbo and wheels I can come up with some stuff if need be. Thanks.

Aaron Miller

Mr overkill
01-18-2006, 11:45 PM
8 valve send me pics of the turbo

and what is included

8valves
01-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Everything listed under the turbo is included! The Super 50 trim TO4E/.63 STGII exhaust w/ ceramic coated .63 exhaust housing and coated homemade 3" swingvalve, matching 3" downpipe, TU Hybrid Z bracket, and large can wastegate... phew!

Give me an email address and I will send over some pictures, as long as I can find them!

Aaron Miller

1quik4
01-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Looking for any partial trades/cash for the turbo. If so, let me know. I'm in Windsor.

Directconnection
01-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Everything listed under the turbo is included! The Super 50 trim TO4E/.63 STGII exhaust w/ ceramic coated .63 exhaust housing and coated homemade 3" swingvalve, matching 3" downpipe, TU Hybrid Z bracket, and large can wastegate... phew!

Give me an email address and I will send over some pictures, as long as I can find them!

Aaron Miller

Crazy deal for someone!

8valves
01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Crazy deal for someone!

That's what I thought too, but you wouldn't believe (okay, maybe you would!) how much trouble I've had trying to sell it!! People seem so scared for a little rebuild!

Aaron Miller

afsautoworx
01-23-2006, 12:46 AM
If u listed what the most someone would spend on a rebuild for the turbo youd prob sell it. Meaning cost of new wheel + total rebuild, even if it doesnt need a new wheel. Just a thought. Does seem like a killer deal....seeing as how theyre like $695 bare from TU

8valves
01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
My best assumption and a good way to look at it is that at the absolute maximum you'd be spending just over $800. I think a rebuild at TU is $295 minus parts, not positive on that though. So take a $100 compressor wheel for just in case and you're around $800 for a brand new turbo plus all the extras!

For someone looking for the worlds cheapest turbo to throw on their car this isn't it.

For someone looking for a cheaper way to get a basically a hybrid installation package PLUS $175 worth of ceramic coatings, PLUS a 3" downpipe and swingvalve, plus the brand new rebuilt turbonetics turbo that everyone rants and raves as a great match to an 8V powerplant looking for big power... seems good to me!

There are a couple of interested parties as of right now, I will let people know if they go through.

BUY MY WHEELS AND TIRES AND BLOCK!!! :bump2:

Aaron Miller

20w/ashelby
01-24-2006, 05:10 PM
these wheels look great on aaon's SC someone should really pick these up.

8valves
01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
these wheels look great on aaon's SC someone should really pick these up.

Well howdy Brandon... why don't you buy them!? I need drag radials in teh worst way, and I want to drop down to the 15's so I can squeeze in a 225. Come on now, don't make me have someone post up the pictures of the car w/ the wheels on it and make everyone want them!

Aaron Miller

20w/ashelby
01-25-2006, 02:27 AM
i don't have enough money for turbo or I'd have that first.

8valves
02-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Turbo sold, buy the rest of this stuff!

Aaron Miller

CUDA 1
02-03-2006, 02:54 PM
could you post or send me a photo of the wheels and tires?

8valves
02-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Sure, just send me an email at GTSturbo@comcast.net and I'll work at sending you some over. Make sure you make the subject line obvious since I get a lot of spam lately.

Aaron Miller

GLHS592
02-03-2006, 11:12 PM
What's the least you'd take on the wheels shipped to 37130?

ghostrider
02-06-2006, 04:04 AM
Turbo sold, buy the rest of this stuff!

Aaron Miller

Does that mean you still have the 3"swingvalve and matching DP for sale? If so shoot me a PM, i'm way interested and definitely have the $$. Hey Aaron, it's vinnie here, i think we've done business in the past. I'd have to check the paypal account to see. Anyway, LMK please......vinnie

8valves
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Vinnie, sorry but the turbo sold as the complete package with all of that stuff included.

Kevin- Honestly the least I can do realistically is what is posted plus shipping. I'm already losing so much and the new wheel/tire combo would be over a grand when it's all said and done, so I need as much return out of them as I can.

Thanks for everyones interest.

Aaron Miller

GLHS592
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Aaron, Are you saying that the rears have 85% treat left? Let me think about it.

8valves
02-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Aaron, Are you saying that the rears have 85% treat left? Let me think about it.

Yeah I'd say so. The fronts are getting down near the wear bars. I actually never rotated them in the short time they were on the car... I always looked at them and never thought they were wearing too hard. Then it was like one day, BAM, I need to switch these things up!! I think it was that whole going from 290whp to 370 whp making things spin from a 60 roll in third :o

You could throw the prior backs on the front and get a good two summers out of them without and issue I'd say. I've ran them for two spring/summer/falls and that's how far they wore. I can only guess that they have around 10K miles on them in total.

No push, you know how they look, but I also know that you're a perfectionist with your car, and the curb rash on the one spoke would probably piss you off everytime you sat there and looked at it! Then again if you're buddy has the spray gun maybe you could paint all the wheels a nice gunmetal to offset the silver or something, and then it would be really hidden! :bump2:

Aaron Miller

GLHS592
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
I could fill in that spot with body filler and spray the wheels the same silver that's on my car. Hmmm...

J&H Ryan
02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
PMed ya Aaron

DinMI
02-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Do they look like this??

http://www.12voltzperformance.com/albums/album14/Rage_Breaker.thumb.jpg

8valves
02-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Yes, they do... in 17x7. However, they are teatively sold to Kevin Isenberg... I believe he once told me he has the pictures of my car on the wheels saved on his PC somewhere... so maybe he wants to post up how badass his car is going to look!

Aaron Miller

Chris Faulk
05-15-2006, 09:01 AM
$300 -Turbonetics Super 50 Trim T3/TO4E hybrid. Polished 3" inlet compressor cover, .63 AR housing, stage II wheel. Comes with a homemade 3" swingvalve (3 bolt header flange) and matching downpipe, TU hybrid wastegate bracket, large can wastegate actuator. The exhaust housing and swingvalve are both ceramic coated from Dart! The coatings alone were $175, to buy a new 3" SV and downpipe isn't cheap either, and you get the wastegate setup! THE CATCH: she needs a rebuild folks! The turbo was on a motor that failed bad and it toasted the bearings, there is a lot of "up and down" shaft play but ZERO in and out. It actually still spins very freely. The compressor wheel touched the housing VERY lightly, I have pictures of the wheel and the housing where it touched. It might need a new compressor wheel, but honestly there is nearly no damage to it, just a very, and I mean very light lip to the inducer blades. It might actually be saveable, but that's a better question for Chris at TU or such.

Aaron Miller

SH$# I really have to get on this message board more. Dude I would've snatched this turbo from you immediately had I known about it. Posted in January and I JUST now catch it.

:lol:

BTW, I still have that polish you sent me! :thumb: