PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Wiring Diagrams

minigts
01-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have the sheets that will provide the wiring diagrams for the 1987 T2 SMEC to include the MAP sensor, air temp sensor, knock sensor, fuel rail harness and O2 sensor? I need these because I got the wrong manual and as much as I'm sure they are probably similar, they don't appear to be the same pin outs.

minigts
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I figured it out. I am retarded. But I'm not up on the manuals having all the categories grouped together for the electrical. They should do it by Turbo vs. Non-turbo!

85lebaront2
01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Glad you figured it out, but if you find an 87 SMEC, I would like to see it. If you do need some more, if you don't have the 87 FSM set, I can scan the sections for you.

minigts
01-17-2006, 11:58 PM
I guess you are referring to the computer related to the year? All I know is the computer and harness came out of an 87 Daytona. The Daytona also had a 2 piece intake. The only way it could have gotten mixed up is if the guy I bought it from had it sitting around and sold me the wrong computer. The reason I say this is because I pulled this stuff of the car myself for a friend. He in turn sold it to someone else, who then sold it to me. It may be the wrong computer and harness, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

And I may take you up on those sheets, but I'm good for now. I think you helped me before, now that I think about it! :thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
01-18-2006, 02:04 AM
87 T2 is a Power Module and Logic module setup. The LM goes in the kick panel. If you have a SMEC then it's an 88 harness. Which can work on an 87 with the right modifications to it. But it's not a plug and play application.

minigts
01-18-2006, 04:33 AM
I guess the guy I got it from had a box from another car or something, or the car was an 88 with a 2 piece intake. But it seems the harness is pretty much similar to the 89 in most respects. I seem to have everything correct now, just need to get a good wire for the altenator (the big 12 gauge one).

minigts
01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Glad you figured it out, but if you find an 87 SMEC, I would like to see it. If you do need some more, if you don't have the 87 FSM set, I can scan the sections for you.

Do you know where I can get the pin out for the 50 to 40 pin swap on the T2? I haven't seen it anywhere and still haven't gotten a response from my thread.