View Full Version : OVC Kartapalooza!!! Feb. 10th

R/T
01-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Here we go:

The Ohio Valley Chapter, Shelby Dodge Auto Club invites you to:

Kartapalooza 2007!!

Where: Compitition Racing, Lawerenceburg, Indiana

When: Saturday Afternoon, Feb 10th

All are welcome, This is an indoor go kart road course, with karts that hit 35mph. It's a BLAST, each driver gets a printout of laptimes, so you can bench race afterwards.

After karting, a pizza / beers party at an OVC houseold!!!

YAAAAY!!! :thumb:

More details to come.... :nod: :partywoot: :rockon:

skinnye
01-30-2007, 11:22 PM
I'll be working and then heading to the easy riders show that day, have fun, those karts are pretty quick but my lap times are slow.

R/T
02-03-2007, 04:46 PM
OVC Kartapalooza Details:

Saturday, Feb. 10th:

Meet at Compitition Racing in Lawenceburg, Indiana at 2 PM.

Race Karts, than caravan to Dave Abney's place for pizza / beer / car movies / video games / general tomfoolery, etc...

Their website has a printable coupon for $3 off, making each session $12

http://www.competitionracing.net/coupon/coupon.htm

All are welcome, see ya there!!! :thumb: :partywoot: :bounce: :grouphug:
:rockon:

ray944s
02-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Can we make it a little later??????? Erik, my wife and I would love to join in but we work till 4pm. So prob can make it to the track by 5:30. Figure that still leaves good majority of the day/evening for fun and laughs without breaking up a Saturday (usually have fix it projects to tend to).ooooooooooooooooooooooooo wait a minute, I get it now. You guys knew I was working and are scared to get beat at the track. I see your game now!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Mike_Shepard
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats funny Ray hehe Im thinking I havent got much to do this weekend so possibly I'll be down

Mike_Shepard
02-06-2007, 02:17 PM
well Im not going to make it either, We are doing inventory at my job and thats making us work OT on saturday from 12 to 8pm :( . But I'll be at springfling

uwilluz
02-06-2007, 09:55 PM
I can't make it this weekend either. Got to go up to Ft. Wayne with the g/f to meet the family :(

stealthydave
02-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay everyone here is a link to a map...

http://web.mac.com/meanspiritdave/iWeb/Site/Map%20Page.html

And here are the basic directions...
Leaving Lawrenceburg take I-275 South towards Kentucky.
You will be looking for the Burlington/Hebron/State Route 237 Exit.
Turn right onto SR 237.
Stay on SR 237 for about 5 miles.
This will intersect with State Route 18.
Turn left onto SR 18.
The first light will be Burgundy Hills. (about a quarter mile)
Turn right onto Burgundy Hills. This will take you in between a Walgreens and a Krogers.
Continue past Krogers and you will enter the apartment complex in about 100 yards.
Turn right into the complex, the office will be on your right.
My building is 1807 on the far side of the parking lot.
The apartment number is “S”, and the garage number is “12”.

You can always call my cell if you have any questions, etc.
859-512-0569

Thanks and I will see you all Saturday!

R/T
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Added fun:

At 8 PM Saturday night the Bud Shootout is on TV!!!

NASCAR racin with Dodges, Yeeee Haaaw!!!! :nod:

Then NHRA on ESPN at 10PM!!! :nod:

IT"S RACING SEASON!!!

ray944s
02-08-2007, 09:22 PM
So have we changed the race time yet???????????

Reeves
02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I WILL BE THERE!!!!

:evil: KARTS!!!

R/T
02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
So have we changed the race time yet???????????

Maybe change work time???

We'll be there for several hours, or catch up with us at Daves.....

No matter what time we pick it would be bad for someone. :fencing:

R/T
02-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I WILL BE THERE!!!!

:evil: KARTS!!!

Bringing Mom & Dad???

Other Ky peeps??

Reeves
02-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Parents have to work.
Katie will be coming with me. But she's one of those buckn f*ckeyes (Ohio).
Unless this is one of those Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden outings? I know we used to have some of those in the winter time?

:confused:
;)

Mike_Shepard
02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Tracy what ever you do keep all your cars off the side of the road....]

stealthydave
02-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Parents have to work.
Unless this is one of those Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden outings? I know we used to have some of those in the winter time?

;)

Everyone is welcome! I'm trying to coax my Indiana friend to drop by later as well. Just remember that there tends to be a lot of gas expelled at these things. ;)

stealthydave
02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe change work time???

We'll be there for several hours, or catch up with us at Daves.....

No matter what time we pick it would be bad for someone. :fencing:

What he said! If you can't make it to the go-karts, drop by and have some pizza!

R/T
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Tracy what ever you do keep all your cars off the side of the road....]

:p True story:

2 weeks ago the Wife's Intrepid was backed into while parked on the street in front of our house, about 2 months after the Woody was hit at Ken's!!

Maybe I should paint targets on all our cars..... ;)

R/T
02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Parents have to work.
Unless this is one of those Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden outings?

;)

Wife & Daughter will be at the karts - Daughter is pumped because she now has her Ohio temps and can drive the fast karts... :thumb:

GLHSKEN
02-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Won't be able to make it now. Need to swap brant's tranny. While I'm at it, going to pull the head and swap the turbo. I'll be busy most of the weekend.

his car took a dump last night

Mike_Shepard
02-10-2007, 01:32 PM
That sux Ken. Too bad im unable to come down there, I'd like to hang out again and maybe catch a few lessons from a fellow TD'er

stealthydave
02-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Won't be able to make it now. Need to swap brant's tranny. While I'm at it, going to pull the head and swap the turbo. I'll be busy most of the weekend.

his car took a dump last night

That sucks.
And I had a couple nice looking headliners all ready for you too. :)

Reeves
02-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll be running a little late. Getting ready now. Just got the hood finished and back on...had to do a re-do for a boo-boo.

Katie is coming too.

GLHSKEN
02-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks Dave. I'll be over to pick them up soon.

8 hours. had the head and trans out in 3 hrs took 3 to set-up the new head and turbo then slowed down and took 2 to install the trans and bolt the head on. just need to hook everything up tomorrow... Flex plate bolt section fell out on disassembly WOW... thankfully I have 3 more... I'm beat

R/T
02-11-2007, 11:43 AM
A fun time was had by all, and best of all:

2 fastest times Saturday OVERALL, as in everyone who raced there, all day:

My Sons!!! :thumb:

Brian was .06 faster than Nathan (turboshadow) at the karts, but that's OK Nathan's car is .02 quicker at the strip...... :p

SPECIAL THANKS TO DAVE ABNEY FOR HAVING US OVER!!!! :nod:

Reeves
02-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I only did one race since I was late getting there, but got to drive two carts! Ended up blowing out the right rear tire on my first cart 8 laps into the race. Switched carts and made 6 more laps.

On the first cart my fastest lap was lap 7 at 27.248 seconds. On the 2nd cart (a better cart, but I didn't get a chance to really get used to it) was my 2nd lap at 27.050 seconds.

I may not be the fastest in the twisties, but both times I've been there I got to blow out a tire! :D That has to count for something doesn't it?

And BIG THANKS to Dave for letting us hang at his house!

Reeves
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll be over to pick them up soon.

8 hours. had the head and trans out in 3 hrs took 3 to set-up the new head and turbo then slowed down and took 2 to install the trans and bolt the head on. just need to hook everything up tomorrow... Flex plate bolt section fell out on disassembly WOW... thankfully I have 3 more... I'm beat

What do you mean the flex plate bolt section fell out on disassembly? The flex plate was no longer being driven anymore by the engine?

I may have some major work myself today. Seems I may have cracked a piston in the van last night on the way home (yes, having a little fun). And I still ain't got no heat in it! :(

stealthydave
02-11-2007, 02:40 PM
My pleasure, guys and girls. It's been a few years since we did the winter thing. It was fun, as always.

By the way, who did the burnout in the parking lot by the clubhouse? :)

Reeves
02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Not I. The engine/trans would have fell out of the van if I tried that!
Update on the van:
#1, 2 and 3 spark plugs looked perfect. #4 plug was completely crushed and full of oil. Son of a beatch!
Compression test:
#1 = 85psi Son of a !
#2 = 110psi
#3 = 102psi
#4 = 110psi
WTF?

Put in new plugs and made a cool catch can out of some flat stock steel, a coffee can and a hose clamp! Van's puking oil now, but hitting on all 4's again!