PDA

View Full Version : WTB: L Body Lower Shift Bushing

Whorse
01-15-2007, 03:10 AM
It's the missing one pictured below. This setup looks like it's all mickey moused and it shifts a bit sloppy which I'd like to fit.

rare_ram
01-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Try the dealer.

Whorse
01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Already called and it's NS1. My friend who works in parts at Dodge couldn't find one in stock anywhere either.

86Shelby
01-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I think I have one sitting around in the garage. I'll see what I can find tonight after work.

devlish
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM
a bit sloppy??? i'm surprised it shifts at all!

$10 for a heim joint (rod end) and a bolt, and it'll be AWESOME!! or, get them for ALL the joints and it will be the most fun shifting car you've ever driven!!!

http://www.projectglh.com/images/day12/8.JPG
sorry, i thought i had a pic of mine online of the one you were looking at, but this is the best i could find. you get the idea.

rare_ram
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
That's what I want for mine, is there a how-to anywhere?

rare_ram
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Just thought of more questions. Where do you get them? Do you still use the foam that Mopar sells? What size do you need?

devlish
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32

my local hardware store had them for $10.50 each, but i know you can find them online cheaper. also, the local garden-tractor fix-it place can get them too, about $9 i think.

Whorse
01-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I've read that a couple times but I'd have to look at the car to do it. I think that'd be the best setup if I can get it to work. Not entirely sure how a Heim joint works since I've never looked into it, but anything beats bushings.

For now, not sure if I can afford to do that or not, and it looks like there are brackets missing, etc...

devlish
01-15-2007, 10:42 PM
i may have a few extras too if needed. let me know what your missing. however, if that pic is from your car, you should have all the pieces. the heim joint setup costs about $50 for the joints, and another $5 for the bolts w/ nylon lock nuts. assuming you have a tap&die set already with the right die, otherwise the correct die is probably another $5. but trust me... it is WAY worth it!! probably the best mod EVER done to the shifting of my car. i love the way it just 'clicks' into gear. takes a little tuning and adjusting before it's just right, but o-man, when its right... its right!

just make sure you trace the rods & endlinks onto a piece of paper first so you get the correct angles, etc... i also scratched a line into the rods and measured the distance between my line and the center of the bushing so when the heimjoints where on, i still had the exact lengths. takes a little work, preplanning, and common sense, but only about an hour of actual time (since you already have easy access to those bracket/trans) good luck man.

if you don't do all of them, at least do the main one... i think the larger heim joint i bought at the hardware store actually threaded onto that main rod of mine. should for you too. then all you have to do is grind off that steel ball, drill a hole, and replace with your bolt/nylon lock-nut. even that will be better than just replacing that nylon crapbushing.

travis_k
01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
If you replace all of the rods with new ones it works fine, i found a full set of mine and it works perfect now. Otherwise yea, just use the heim joints.

devlish
01-16-2007, 12:02 AM
you can get new rods from FWDPerformance, but nothing for that main one you are looking for. at least do that main one with a heim

travis_k
01-16-2007, 12:32 AM
When i bought the rods it came with the main one too.

Whorse
01-16-2007, 02:13 AM
I'd love to have a nice shifting car, thing is in the meantime, it's a 300 dollar car and I have double that much into just getting it running and though emissions. It's a true beater, and I don't want to dump too much money into it needlessly. If threading a bushing into the rod end makes first easy to find, I'll be happy with it. Maybe after I get another vehicle to drive every day and I want a little project I'll come back to this, because it seems like a fun modification.

ScottD
01-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I got a metric sized heim that threaded right into the rod. It cost me a little more and was hard to find, but was easier than drilling into the rod and tapping it. I got mine from Pegasus Racing.

travis_k
01-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Check the bushing at the other end of the rod at the botom of the pic you posted, that one is probably shot too. (at least on mine it was) If you can still get the rods from fwd perfoemance it was like $30 for everything and it works great now. Just allow a bit of time because they are very difficult to install (takes alot of force to get the new ones on)