PDA

View Full Version : Three New Clutch Packages at TU.com

Chris W
01-17-2006, 05:01 AM
We just added three new clutch packages to our website. The Kevlar version is targeted mainly for the street with a 40% increase in torque capacity. Less chatter and more daily driver friendly with minimum wear issues. The next step up is our Street n' Strip 6-Puck Ceramic clutch which provides a 50% increase in torque capacity. It's a little more aggressive then the Kevlar version so increased wear and chatter will have to be sacrificed for the added strength. Our higher end 4-Puck Ceramic Clutch disc provides a 60% increase in torque capacity and extremely aggressive performance. This clutch is not recommended for the street. All three clutches are accompanied by our Extreme-Duty Pressure Plate. All kits include both throw out bearings and clutch alignment tools.

Chris-TU

Mike_Shepard
01-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Hmmmmm maybe the 6 puk is in my future

Frank
01-17-2006, 08:28 AM
What would your thoughts be on the horsepower levels for each?

Frank
01-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Scratch that.... I should have looked at your website first. Duh! I see the "ultimate" in my future for my V6 3.0L.

Frank

cordes
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Chris, I am very pleased to see these new clutch offerings. I love the price. I paid much more for the setup I have in my shadow, and I can tell you have put much more thought into the products.

Thanks.

Chris W
01-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Chris, I am very pleased to see these new clutch offerings. I love the price. I paid much more for the setup I have in my shadow, and I can tell you have put much more thought into the products.

Thanks.

Thanks cordes! We are still growing and have plenty more new products to bring on board. If you don't see what you are looking for on our website then just give us a call or write us an email. Chances are we are already working on including it on our website.

Thanks for everyone's support!

ChrisTU

8valves
01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks cordes! We are still growing and have plenty more new products to bring on board. If you don't see what you are looking for on our website then just give us a call or write us an email. Chances are we are already working on including it on our website.

Thanks for everyone's support!

ChrisTU

Well then I challenge you! I want a long tube, nearly equal length mount-it-over-the-tranny-header-with-the-compressor-inlet-pointing-forward with a matching bad-boy intake manifold w/ provisions for a ford TB flange and the runners already drilled and bungs welded for a direct port setup :eyebrows:

I thought it was a good idea!

Aaron Miller

Chris W
01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Well then I challenge you! I want a long tube, nearly equal length mount-it-over-the-tranny-header-with-the-compressor-inlet-pointing-forward with a matching bad-boy intake manifold w/ provisions for a ford TB flange and the runners already drilled and bungs welded for a direct port setup :eyebrows:

I thought it was a good idea!

Aaron Miller

And all for just $99., right? :lol: Who's been talking to you?!? Maybe it will be ready by next year:D

Chris-TU

The S is Silent
01-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok...how about this:

I want a new custom plenum for my 2 piece intake that uses the stock bolt holes to connect to the bottom half. How's that?

Chris W
01-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Ok...how about this:

I want a new custom plenum for my 2 piece intake that uses the stock bolt holes to connect to the bottom half. How's that?

We are working on a few things in that area but it would most likely be a complete manifold, not partial. For now though, I believe Wallace at Lone Wolf Performance has one that has just been released to the public. you might try contacting him if you have a deadline.

Chris-TU

8valves
01-18-2006, 05:02 PM
And all for just $99., right? :lol: Who's been talking to you?!? Maybe it will be ready by next year:D

Chris-TU

Well then dammit ship one out here for testing on a certain high-rpm airflow concentrated vehicle that Paul can get at and tune for your guys to have some numbers on them!! Sounds like a great idea if you ask me! On a serious note though, if you do have something in the works please contact me asap as it could have an effect on my purchasing plans in the next month here. Thanks.

Aaron Miller

The S is Silent
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Chris,

Can you post the directions for what needs to be done to use the Kevlar clutch? I remember some of what you told me one the phone, and I have the sheet that it came with, and as far as I know I'm crack free (or have been for a few months ). Can you post specifically what needs to be done?

mcsvt
02-12-2006, 09:43 PM
I would like to know this aswell since I will be ordering the Kevlar clutch very soon.