PDA

View Full Version : Reliant LE package?

TopDollar69
01-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Whats different about the LE package on a Reliant? I havent had any luck finding a decent E class coupe so Ive decided to expand my search to include the K coupes as well. I noticed that in 86 and 87 there were two trim levels on the Reliant, base and LE. Im guessing it has something to do with seat material, but I figured someone on here would know.

Thanks,

Ben Huebner

TopDollar69
01-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I just found out there are three trim levels on the Aries, Base, SE, and LE. Is there any difference between the dodge and plymouth lines?

Thanks

Aries_Turbo
01-17-2006, 12:43 AM
i think SE got the clotch buckets and the center console, base got a vinyl interior and LE got the cloth bench standard. now that is just based on the 4 k cars that I have around the house and have rooted through in the JY's.

I have a 87 base (vinyl bench), two 88 LE 2-door (cloth bench), and an 89 LE (cloth bench).

also a little tidbit that i have noticed.... on both 88 2-doors right in the rear corners of the doorjamb, the outer sheetmetal cracks from chassis flex. never saw it on my 4-doors cause the flexing is spread out. i am hesitant to cage the cars cause they are just drivers and they are comfy but I prolly will make subframe connectors for them to cut down on the flex. just a heads up.

Brian

Dodge Aries K
01-17-2006, 01:02 AM
It all depends on the year you're looking at. 81-84 there was base, Custom, and SE. I'm guessing you don't want to go back that far. 85-86 had base, SE, and LE. Base was just that, BASE. SE had more options available and had a folding armrest in the seat. Vinyl door panels were SE level. The LE had a more plush bench and cloth door panels, and once again more options available. SE and LE were able to be ordered with bucket seats and a center console, base was not. 87 had Base and LE available. Base came with bucket seats and vinyl door panels standard but could be had with a 1 piece bench as a no cost option. LE was anything else and was available with vinyl or cloth bench as options and bucket seats as standard equipment. 88-89 saw the America plan (every car was an LE) and came with bucket seats standard with bench being a no cost option.

TopDollar69
01-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the great info! The body flex sounds like my old Buick Regal.