PDA

View Full Version : Couple issues with ladybug

TurboBuggy
01-10-2007, 08:53 PM
ok im doing my own cal so I started with the ladybug base and scaled injectors to T1 specs. Im running a stock 88T1 engine with a 87T2 garrett turbo.

I dont know how to control the boost though, I set all the "AllowedBoostBasedOn...." to 14.47psi and hoped that would work but it still runs at 5-7psi.

a couple questions too.

1: Can you set the computer up to control the wastegate like a g-valve where the wastegate doesnt get any boost until the boost goal is reached so it spools up quicker?

2: How do I increase the overboost setting so that I still have it but it is higher?

3: When I put the ladybug cal in my car I get a high idle/it takes a while to come down to idle (1800rpm or so and then falls to 1000 gradually)

4: My car sounds different???? Its got more of a grunt sound to it, whats up with that. Is this bad??

5: My check engine light comes on every now and then, and then just goes off. CEL on knock enabled but I dont think its that because the light only comes on when im just cruising, and it stays on for a while

thx

LynX853
01-10-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

the answer to all your questions

TurboBuggy
01-10-2007, 10:39 PM

No.... not really

im not all that new to this stuff, ive used D-cal for a while but I havnt dealt with boost control or the ladybug code base until now

TurboGLH
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM

Please, please, please don't do that. If you know the answer give it, if not don't post a link to TDG or tell someone to search. It's bad enough normally, but especially in this case as nothing Gary has on his page would help with the OP's very specific questions.

mock_glh
01-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I believe the Ladybug has the T2 wastegate routine. The T1 routine closes the solenoid to control boost, the T2 routine opens the solenoid to control boost. Swapping the "wastegate duty cycle" and "wastegate duty cycle adjust" tables will convert T1 to T2 or vice versa.

Anonymous_User
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
1. I believe that is how ladybug works - that is how blueberry works and it is written by the same person.

2. Can be done, I'd have to look at my files at home to see where I changed what in my BB to increase the boost cutout.

3. Sounds like a bad SDS. Mine did that unitl I unplugged the SDS. Then I could only get 3500 rpm due to the two-step programmed into BB. Had to eliminate that until I replaced the SDS.

4. The "sound" will be different with different cals. I've run several different cals and the "popping" during decel is different with everyone. Just depends on the the A/F and timing curves. Just a wee bit of change changes the sound.

5. If you are not storing a code, it is CEL. I would have this on occasion when taking off from a stop driving normally. Turned out to be an overly sensitive knock sensor. Try replacing the sensor.

ShelGame
01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I believe the Ladybug has the T2 wastegate routine. The T1 routine closes the solenoid to control boost, the T2 routine opens the solenoid to control boost. Swapping the "wastegate duty cycle" and "wastegate duty cycle adjust" tables will convert T1 to T2 or vice versa.

Or, you could just change the way the boost solenoid is hooked up to be like the T2. Either way works.