PDA

View Full Version : L-Body Vs. L-Body

Mario
01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
What's your favorite. Shelby Charger/ Charger GLHS or Omni GLH / GLHS

Whorse
01-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Omni's for the hatchback box humour aspect, and the GLHS's look awesome in full trim! Chargers just don't quite have that snug to the ground riding on rails look, and almost look more muscly and better suited to RWD.

iTurbo
01-10-2007, 02:16 AM
I like the 4-door L-bodies waaay better. I like the 4-door versions of all our cars better actually.

Runner
01-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Ok, a little less inflammatory this time from me:

L-24 (2-doors) by a nose... Just sentimental value, as I've driven one or another for 14 yrs.

My favorite story though is about my Horizon. I've had a few pretty sharp rides (not a brag, I had a serious problem) but the only time I came back to my car parked on the street and there was a group of people standing around 'admiring' it was with my Horizon - these bunch of guys were standing around reminiscing about the 80's, etc. and commenting about how good a shape it was in. Priceless!

GLHS592
01-10-2007, 09:58 AM
4 doors are for girls.

Captain Chaos
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
4 doors are for girls.

Thats right, easier for them to get in and out of the back seat to "stretch out".:thumb:

Johnny
01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
4 doors are for girls.

OR maybe you have to be really confident in your manhood to drive a 4 door?
Thats my story, and I like it!

I like my 4-door! And I rarely loose a race.

Johnny

85shelbycharger
01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
The Shelby Charger is what got me into these cars in the first place, so I'm a tad partial ;)

2.216VTurbo
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
OR maybe you have to be really confident in your manhood to drive a 4 door?
Thats my story, and I like it!

I like my 4-door! And I rarely loose a race.

Johnny

Is it still called a 'race' if you're just driving around orange cones Johnny?:lol:

I've owned 6 L bodies all 2 doors!

BTW Mario, way to stir the pot:p

mpgmike
01-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Somehow I feel slighted. I'm a Rampage kind of guy personally. Second in line would be the 2-doors. I couldn't vote because the Ute wasn't even offered in this poll. I'm surprised somebody didn't point that out already. I know I'm not the only 'Page fan.

Mike

Mario
01-10-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm more partial to Shelby Chargers, but it looks like my next build is going to be a GLH.

boostedblue
01-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Would buy every good 4-dr in US if I won the lottery including" Old Shel's" #1 black GLHS, BB:evil: :D :thumb: :eyebrows:

contraption22
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I can mock all you wusses that took the easy route and started out with a factory turbo car. :)

boostboy
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
4 doors Rule. They have a wicked sleeper effect and are a blast to drive. I had way more fun in my GLH's than my Shelby Charger.

tryingbe
01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
4 doors, 'cause they're lighter.

:)

j4278h
01-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I second the motion for a rampage to be added

Mopar_Nutz
01-10-2007, 03:00 PM
4 doors Rule. They have a wicked sleeper effect and are a blast to drive. I had way more fun in my GLH's than my Shelby Charger.

I don't believe you. I had boob marks in the roof when I got it :p

Captain Chaos
01-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I can mock all you wusses that took the easy route and started out with a factory turbo car. :)

+1 although not as fast.:thumb:

rdnoel86
01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Thats right, easier for them to get in and out of the back seat to "stretch out".:thumb:

just for the record....theres plenty of room in the hatch area of an SC for "romance".
First brand new car I ever bought was an 83 silver SC...met my wife about the same time....been hooked on both for 24 yrs.....

rare_ram
01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
3rd vote for Rampages, owned 2 of em, although I've also owned 2 Chargers. Being 6'5, 2 doors just work better for me.

Mopar_Nutz
01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
If Rampages were in there, thats where my vote would go also. I grabbed my SC because I couldn't find a decent Rampage and the price was great for a 95% rust free L body.

After that I like 2 doors. 4 doors are more practical, roomy and probably better for racing with a slightly longer wheelbase and lighter weight. Not to mention the sleeper apeal. But 2 doors are far nicer looking in my eyes.

WVRampage
01-10-2007, 06:45 PM
well im the 4th for the Rampage I think.

Mario
01-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I wasn't asking about Rampages now was I. :D

mpgmike
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
What's the purpose of this poll? Will it influence a buying decision for you, or is it just for fun to get things happening here?

Mike

j4278h
01-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Mario is afraid the rampage is gonna win on a write in.

Boo

WVRampage
01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah or he wouldnt have called it L-body vs L-body it should have just said omni or charger.I mean the rampage is 2 door so theres all the room in the front and it is realy light and fun to drive,and well theres alot of room in the back for streching out,and you can tell her your looking at the srats back there.

BoostMonkey
01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Okay, if you're looking for "stretching out" room, don't get an L body. Get a van! Oh, and Charger for me...

Michael

Mario
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
It's just for fun.

If I wanted to include the Rampage/Scamp I would have said L-Body vs. L-Body Vs. L-Body now wouldn't I have? :lol:

Rod Enis
01-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Charger all the way! the Rampage was made when some of the Charger parts were on back order. :) :eyebrows: :D :thumb:

rare_ram
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Rampages will soon rule the world.:p

WVRampage
01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes they will.But If I was to have some other L body I think it would be a omni.

deuce dodge
01-12-2007, 09:06 AM
having both a glh omni and a shelby charger sitting in driveway..........:)

loving ALL turbo-mopars.............

prefer shelby charger .........

oh and speaking of what the ladies like....local lady "miss martie" has a nice rampage she is restoring..she loves rampages....(slowjason...you should call her again....she has plenty of extra parts ..).....she also owns 2 shelby chargers.

deuce

devlish
01-12-2007, 10:56 AM
i'll keep my Omni's... thank you

2.216VTurbo
01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
*Minor hijack warning*

I read a spec sheet somewhere years ago that said the Omni has a wheelbase that is 10mm longer than the Chargers. Does anyone know this to be fact based on actual measurements?

I figured this thread has the attention of the L body experts...

GLHS069
01-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Alan:
I think someone previously had mentioned it and if I remember right, I read it somewhere too. I think it was to get enough room for 4 doors between the wheels. As far as the actual dimension, Mr. Thorton or somebody should know.

*Minor hijack warning*

I read a spec sheet somewhere years ago that said the Omni has a wheelbase that is 10mm longer than the Chargers. Does anyone know this to be fact based on actual measurements?

I figured this thread has the attention of the L body experts...

APalmer
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
What's your favorite. Shelby Charger/ Charger GLHS or Omni GLH / GLHS

1. To answer Mario's question
Omni GLH

2. To answer 2.216VTurbo's question

*Minor hijack warning*I read a spec sheet somewhere years ago that said the Omni has a wheelbase that is 10mm longer than the Chargers. Does anyone know this to be fact based on actual measurements?
NO BUT From '87 Factory Service Manual, Major Dimensions:
L-body
24 (Charger/Turismo) Wheelbase 96.5 inches 2451 mm
44 (Omni/Horizon) Wheelbase 99.1 inches 2517 mm
[I think that's about the difference in my spare under-body heat shields, too]

24 (Charger/Turismo) Overall Length 174.8 inches 4440 mm
44 (Omni/Horizon) Overall Length 163.2 inches 4146 mm

- Andy
NOTE: My neat table got re-formatted somehow

glhtroy
01-13-2007, 10:38 AM
OMNI!!!!!:thumb: more fun beatin some one in a 4door not to mention when it looks like an omni. the charger looks more sporty though i will def give them that

devlish
01-13-2007, 03:38 PM
to me, the charger doesn't look all the sporty. well, compared to an Omni i guess it does. but i just never cared for the looks of the charger, to "mullet" for me.

jaxtona
01-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I like the Charger GLHS, so I bought one today! #0871

Mario
01-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I like the Charger GLHS, so I bought one today! #0871

Nice! Welcome! Nice Daytona, too!

gvare001
01-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Shelby Charger for me. But I got to say that the omni's are potentially more fun. The Charger's are intimidating right off the bat.

cordes
01-13-2007, 09:06 PM
There is nothing funnier than me wedging myself into an omni with a small steering wheel and putting the whoop on people. I had a NA charger a few years back, but it was not as easy to get stuff in the back seat, so that is why the omnis get my vote.

blackart
01-14-2007, 01:22 AM
hmmm well i gotta say im a beginner in all your guys eyes but if it means anything i will go charger before anything else we are to speak about here
just more room for under hood mods front of the radiator support more looks:thumb: and more just all around room in the back seat if you lay down the back seat and lay down a cushion but if i wanted a ride with more room in the back i whould have a 95 white mini:eyebrows: AHHH WAIT I DO HAVE A MINI

Orangetona
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Definately shelby charger for me, but ya know what... i'll take either one. :eyebrows:

jaxtona
01-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Definately shelby charger for me, but ya know what... i'll take either one. :eyebrows:

I agree, when I get done restoring my Charger my next project will a
Omni. So, the words out I am currently searching for a Omni GLHS.

Orangetona! That is one sweet "Z" you got there!

Orangetona
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I agree, when I get done restoring my Charger my next project will a
Omni. So, the words out I am currently searching for a Omni GLHS.

Orangetona! That is one sweet "Z" you got there!

Thanks much! :)

devlish
01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
. So, the words out I am currently searching for a Omni GLHS! isn't there one on Ebay now? or did that just end...?

rare_ram
01-14-2007, 11:33 PM
No glh or glhs currently on e-bay.

Mario
01-14-2007, 11:39 PM
No glh or glhs currently on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Omni-GLH-Turbo-Shelby_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6783QQihZ018QQit emZ280069013054QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Force Fed Mopar
01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Charger for me, I have 2. '87 GLHS #392, and an '84 SC. And possibly may be getting an '81 or '82 Charger, carbed auto, for a daily beater. Although, knowing me, it probably won't stay stock for long;)

I have fun watching people trying to guess what my car is. Yeah, the Omni is cool, for the turdbox 4-dr sleeper effect, but almost everybody knows an Omni when they see it. Almost nobody I've met outside of the TD world knows what a Shelby Charger is. My 'S has been called everything from a Mustang to a Camaro to the Batmobile (no joke, the guy really said it looked like it lol) Or either they think I'm lying to them and it's really a Shelby Mustang:yuck:

blackart
01-15-2007, 10:16 PM
ive had the same thing or even that its a k car of all things and that is the one that gets me relating my car to a k car "what is this world coming to"
callin her a ford is the one that hurts though :mad: :(

paisley_pirate
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Had my choice of what to buy back in 1986... bought the GLH-T. Would do it again.

Yeah, not as nice looking, but better ride and drive... the 4 or 5 SC's I drove then before I got my GLH all felt, ummm, loose, compared to the GLH.

Still, building an SC clone for my daughter right now...

johnl
01-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Got two Omnis, now I got a SC -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320069710387&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

shrapnel
01-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I own a 1987 GLHS, so I am going to have to say the chargers. It is a great combination of old and new muscle. They are clearly the better looking car. I still would like to own an 86 though.

GLHS592
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, not as nice looking, but better ride and drive... the 4 or 5 SC's I drove then before I got my GLH all felt, ummm, loose, compared to the GLH.

:confused: How? They are the same platform. They ride exactly the same from my experiences. To me, since the Charger has a lower center of gravity, I feel more confident in the curves with the Charger.

I've driven both cars and noticed the big difference being when you shut the doors. The Omni has a tinny sound like as if there is no headliner. The Charger doesn't do that.

Anyway, the Charger has more room in the nose for an intercooler. If you put a big intercooler in an Omni, it has a Frankenstein monster effect.

jaysshelby
01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I favor the 2-doors looks over the 4-doors. have had many people do double takes trying to figure out what my car is. but like a few others have asked where is the Rampage/Scamp, that my true favorite

2.216VTurbo
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I favor the 2-doors looks over the 4-doors. have had many people do double takes trying to figure out what my car is. but like a few others have asked where is the Rampage/Scamp, that my true favorite

Speaking of which, don't you owe us some updated progress pics?:D

Wes85L
01-16-2007, 08:23 PM
"The Omni has a tinny sound like as if there is no headliner. The Charger doesn't do that."

Well, my car is like that and interior is fully intact.

Oh, and I vote Charger. :)

GLHS592
01-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Well, my car is like that and interior is fully intact.

Neither of mine are like that. Heck, none of the 5 or 6 I've owned were like that. They've all seemed more solid than the Omnis I've ridden in and driven. Go drive an Omni and get back to me. :p

Turbo Uno
01-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Hands down..........the Charger is better. Not heavy like the Daytona, Better looks than the Omni. :thumb:

(I still wouldn't mind owning a fully restored GLH turbo)

jaysshelby
01-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Alan
updated pics of my Rampage can be viewed here
www.sdacbuckeye.com/modules/gallery/album07
might have to cut and paste link.

Mopar_Nutz
01-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Neither of mine are like that. Heck, none of the 5 or 6 I've owned were like that. They've all seemed more solid than the Omnis I've ridden in and driven. Go drive an Omni and get back to me. :p

I must be another lucky one. My SC is as smooth and quiet as my Spirit. And quieter than my Daytona or Lancer. It seems very "solid". well....when the exhaust cutout is closed. All that illusion goes for not when I hit the button. hehehe

Whorse
01-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Your charger is not smooth or quiet. You have hard rubber tires and solid mounts, a 2.5 with an open downpipe. Granted it's pretty good for all those mods, but it's hard to call a car smooth when it's usually running on one axle.

Still say I like the omni. Chargers look good, but the omnis are kind of a hidden gem and a good weapon against all the other hatchback tuners like GTIs and of course civics. Love the GLH GFX as well.

Mopar_Nutz
01-17-2007, 12:46 AM
My SC has less rattles, squeaks and vibrations than your lebaron. You wouldn't know it had solid mounts unless I told ya and you know that to be true ;) The downpipe is only open when I want it to be. Other than that, the stock peashooter is pretty quiet. My tires are no harder rubber than anyone elses. hahaha

Whorse
01-17-2007, 01:34 AM
:P You're kidding yourself. Only reason my lebaron rattles is because I'm missing about 35 interior screws. Well...and it's a convertible:P. You've got a way stiffer suspension and it feels the bumps a lot more, but maybe that was just all the wrenches bouncing off my feet at the time.

TurboGLH
01-17-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm very disappointed in all of you that voted two door in this poll. Shame on you, everyone knows that it's much more painful to lose to an omni than a charger, and a charger isn't even that much better looking. GAH!

Whorse
01-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Touche

DOG-DID-IT
01-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm very disappointed in all of you that voted two door in this poll. Shame on you, everyone knows that it's much more painful to lose to an omni than a charger, and a charger isn't even that much better looking. GAH!

Chris, I got to jump in on this one :lol:

Your correct about loosing to a "cough" VW omni! :wow1:

Oops did I say that ......:bolt:

And your definitely correct that it isn't much better looking!

It's much Sexier:whip:

"Yah baby check out the bulge in my hood"

:drum:

TurboGLH
01-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Chris, I got to jump in on this one :lol:

Your correct about loosing to a "cough" VW omni! :wow1:

Oops did I say that ......:bolt:

And your definitely correct that it isn't much better looking!

It's much Sexier:whip:

"Yah baby check out the bulge in my hood"

:drum:

Well, well, well. Hello there Preston....or should I say traitor. Even a two-door owner should be able to recognize the superiority of the four-door. The fact that your name happens to appear under the Shelby Charger / GLHS category is something I'm willing to chalk up to naivety and I'm willing to forgive your indiscretion if you repent now.

BTW: Having a hood bulge that doesn't, A: Serve to give clearance for some engine part or B: Allow ducting of hot/cold air is nothing more than a phallic extension. Just thought you should know that. VW Omni....pfffhhht

2.216VTurbo
01-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Alan

Interior is looking sweet, you already know the paint/body are first rate:thumb: Gotta get to paint/body on mine as my next project:o

devlish
01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, well, well. Hello there Preston....or should I say traitor. Even a two-door owner should be able to recognize the superiority of the four-door. The fact that your name happens to appear under the Shelby Charger / GLHS category is something I'm willing to chalk up to naivety and I'm willing to forgive your indiscretion if you repent now.

BTW: Having a hood bulge that doesn't, A: Serve to give clearance for some engine part or B: Allow ducting of hot/cold air is nothing more than a phallic extension. Just thought you should know that. VW Omni....pfffhhht

yeah, what he said!!! ^^^

long live the 4door!

DOG-DID-IT
01-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Brother Chris,

Sorry I have sinned...:evil:

Will you ever find it in your kind Omni heart to forgive me? :mecry:

All rise and praise the superiority of the four-door and the evil nastiness of the two-door :amen:

Brother Chris your sermon on the “bulge” was very well put and definitely a very touchy subject but warmly felt by the whole TM Community.

Preach On Brother :angel:

:D

mimiglh22
01-17-2007, 02:14 PM

I agree. I love my 4 door omni. Everyone who doesn't know about these amuse me. They have no idea what's in store for them. Especially when the car isn't painted, looks like my grandma's car, and has a t3/t04b 50 trim turbo. Awesome. 4 door all the way.........sleeper.

-Chris
After this quarter mile you'll have GLH nightmares.

GLHS592
01-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Looks are subjective, but I have always thought that the Shelby Chargers were by far the best looking of the FWD Mopars. The Omni is at the bottom of that list along with the minivans.

TurboGLH
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Brother Chris,

Sorry I have sinned...:evil:

Will you ever find it in your kind Omni heart to forgive me? :mecry:

All rise and praise the superiority of the four-door and the evil nastiness of the two-door :amen:

Brother Chris your sermon on the “bulge” was very well put and definitely a very touchy subject but warmly felt by the whole TM Community.

Preach On Brother :angel:

Acknowledging your sins is the first stop on the way to recovery.

To all you other sinners (I know who you are) I'll be holding a four-door revival weekend in the near future. Please publicly acknowledge your sins if you want to be saved. Amen.

jaysshelby
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks Alan,:D my plan is to get the black leather G-body seats mounted to the track and installed this weekend. Then on the bolting everything on the exterior.:thumb:

Captain Chaos
01-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Shelby Chargers were by far the best looking of the FWD Mopars. The Omni is at the bottom of that list.

And we the owners are ok with that.:thumb:

johnl
01-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Alan

Nice pics. Thanks for the lesson in 'page nology.

Mario
01-17-2007, 11:16 PM
It's a dead even race. :eyebrows:

boostboy
01-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Wow Dead Even!!!

I must say the SC has an "in your face" style with the skunk stripe, where the GLH can go through traffic unnoticed and thats what makes it cool!

TurboGLH
01-18-2007, 01:00 AM
That's right, just like in real life you write off the poor old omni it starts coming up from behind and then it's right at your door ready to pass.

GLHS592
01-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Personally, I think Horizons are much better than Omnis.

Captain Chaos
01-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Personally, I think Horizons are much better than Omnis.

Is it the different design of the taillights, the grille style, or the way the word Horizon rolls off the tongue?:D

Mario
01-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Is it the different design of the taillights, the grille style, or the way the word Horizon rolls off the tongue?:D

I think he was talking more about the better body lines it has and the overall build quality.

Holley
01-18-2007, 12:31 PM
They were made in the same factory with the same panels! (Belvedere, Il). Unless you count the European Horizons, which used most of the same panels but got crappy engines and were made in France ...

Anywho, I like my performance to be Coupe shaped :) In an ideal world I'd have a few of each though :D

Mario
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
They were made in the same factory with the same panels! (Belvedere, Il). Unless you count the European Horizons, which used most of the same panels but got crappy engines and were made in France ...

Anywho, I like my performance to be Coupe shaped :) In an ideal world I'd have a few of each though :D

'Twas a joke!!!:yuck:

Captain Chaos
01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
I like my performance to be Coupe shaped :)

Only if its a quattro.:thumb:

Holley
01-18-2007, 03:16 PM
'Twas a joke!!!:yuck:Ah, the famous dry American wit :D

Mario
01-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Not born, but raised here. :D

blackart
01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
uhhh who threatened all the charger people to vote for the omni (i just dont see how they could vote willingly that way) :whip:
everbody know that in the end its the charger all the way but some people dont like forward progress any way i guess:wow1:
maybee things will just have to be the way they wll have to be and some people will belive in anything even that we never landed on the moon:mecry:
alll right everybody group hug :grouphug:
(and admit that the charger is better):eyebrows:

johnl
01-19-2007, 11:05 PM
To be read as if Randy Newman :nod: is singing/drawling . . .

"Oh, I like the looks of that 2 door . . . Why . . . it's so low and it's sooo raacy . . . "

After he rides in the back seat of each, he sings

"Oh, in the 4 door, I can sit up straight . . . no need to wait . . . no need for the band to pull my butt up and out as with that 2 door thang."

After he drives into the sun, and squints at the glare reflecting off of the top of the dash and up and on to the inside of the 2 door's front window, he sings,

"Oh, in the 4 door . . . it's sooo much easier to seee . . . why . . . why . . . in that 4 door . . . why . . . there's just much much less of that nasty glare."

When he tries a lane change, or tries to back up, he sings/drawls

"Ooh, myy I can't even seee out of that silly little 2 door car. . . . Why, why'd they put that little tiny window over there ? ? ? and why's that big 'ole wall in the back over there ? ? Why, Why, oh, Why, can't I even see out of this here sillyass little 2 door car . . ."

Then, when he gets the drop on some big block or some euro-ricer - he SINGS
(with gusto)

"Ohh, my . . . thaaat was fun, I do sooo like to see their pain; O thaaat was fun . . . watchin 'em squeal and run, and oh my thaaat was fun, how much more they squealed when it was the 4 door I out ran and from which they run, Oh my, Oh my, see how they run, Oh my . . . walk on by . . . I just walked on by . . . Oh yes, much more fun, how much more pain I run . . . when its the 4 door I brung . . .

But then, . . .

Randy . . wakes up . . . .,:confused:

"WTF? . . . :confused: must a been a bad dream. :confused: . . . I . . . I . . . can't even believe it . . . I dreamt I was singing about some silly --- 4 door turbo dodge???

Mopar_Nutz
01-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Booo, all I'm hearing about the 4-door is "we like it cuz it's uglier". What a soiled victory it would be....

Marcus86GLHS
01-20-2007, 12:41 PM
i like the fact that, so far, 45 voted 4-door, 45 voted 2-door.

that sounds just right to me.

SL#189
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally I had a 2-door and loved it (even with the weak 1.6L it had), but I just picked up a 4-door this weekend :amen: and they've been my love since I discovered TD's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Juanmarteen/P1000356edit.jpg

Holley
01-23-2007, 02:17 PM
i like the fact that, so far, 45 voted 4-door, 45 voted 2-door.No votes for the good 'ol Rampage and Scamp then :(

2.216VTurbo
01-23-2007, 02:56 PM
No votes for the good 'ol Rampage and Scamp then :(

Not true, Mario wouldn't LET US vote for the Scamp/Rampage in HIS thread...:D

roachjuice
01-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Booo, all I'm hearing about the 4-door is "we like it cuz it's uglier". What a soiled victory it would be....

personally i think the 2 door is uglier.... don't like the front bumper..... too many holes.....now if you cut the hell out of it and make room for a front mount then i think it looks good.... and i think the charger looks to be a RWD car more than a FWD..... my vote was for the omni a.k.a. the dumpster,omelet,shitbox,and last but not least Lazarus...:evil:

Mopar_Nutz
01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
personally i think the 2 door is uglier.... don't like the front bumper..... too many holes.....now if you cut the hell out of it and make room for a front mount then i think it looks good.... and i think the charger looks to be a RWD car more than a FWD..... my vote was for the omni a.k.a. the dumpster,omelet,shitbox,and last but not least Lazarus...:evil:

Funny you should say that. When I was at a local "fun run" drag strip held at an airport, they just splashed water in front of your tires for you to roll into if you wanted to clean em up a bit. They kept trying to go to my back tires... Funny how I'd make a point of lightin up the FRONTS, nice and smokey just to see if they'd catch on! hahaha No biggie though. Just goofin around whoopin on imports. And a 350 S10.

And yeah. I'm cutting mine up. Girlfriend is gonna clean up the bodywork and gimme a new paint job :thumb:

roachjuice
01-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Funny you should say that. When I was at a local "fun run" drag strip held at an airport, they just splashed water in front of your tires for you to roll into if you wanted to clean em up a bit. They kept trying to go to my back tires... Funny how I'd make a point of lightin up the FRONTS, nice and smokey just to see if they'd catch on! hahaha No biggie though. Just goofin around whoopin on imports. And a 350 S10.

And yeah. I'm cutting mine up. Girlfriend is gonna clean up the bodywork and gimme a new paint job :thumb:

lol!!! sweet!! and nothing makes me happier than hearing someone beating 350 s10's!!! i hate them...

boneyardracing
01-24-2007, 12:04 PM
You know you forgot the 2door with the 84-85 nose that gets my vote anyway it breaks down like this
1.84-85 nose 2 door
2.4 door
3 shelby nose

devlish
01-24-2007, 01:40 PM

your GIRL is is doing the body/paint? sweet!! i talked mine into helping, but you got it made man! congrats, can't wait to see the new paint too.

rare_ram
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
You know you forgot the 2door with the 84-85 nose that gets my vote anyway it breaks down like this
1.84-85 nose 2 door
2.4 door
3 shelby nose

That's 84-87 nose.

boneyardracing
01-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you I have been trying for 4 months to find out how long that nose was in production.

rare_ram
01-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I think most people dislike the earlier nose, that's why I originally put a Shelby nose on my 82.

GLHS592
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I like the 4 headlight nose the least. I actually like the 2 door Horizon/Turismo nose. I almost used one on my Shelby Charger.

rare_ram
01-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Yeah the Turismo nose is better than the Charger nose, but I still like the Shelby best.

Birddog
01-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Just had to vote..... 2 door Omnis are nice and all... BUT...Beating the crap out of misc "performance" cars in a crapbox 4 door is outrageously satisfying!

Mopar_Nutz
01-25-2007, 03:54 PM
your GIRL is is doing the body/paint? sweet!! i talked mine into helping, but you got it made man! congrats, can't wait to see the new paint too.

Haha I know man! I pinch myself every day! She's the perfect girl, but I'm not gonna go on and on and make people sick. She's gonna "let" me help with prep work. She's just finishing up her GTA before she starts on my Spirit and SC. :thumb:

Mopar_Nutz
01-25-2007, 03:59 PM
lol!!! sweet!! and nothing makes me happier than hearing someone beating 350 s10's!!! i hate them...

There's a guy up here who wages war with one every time they go to the strip. His `89 Daytona Shelby (13's @107mph) gets him every time. The guy with the S10 went out and got a 150shot and hyped it up, saying he was gonna kill the Shelby. Guy with the Shelby got a wicked launch and edged him yet again. Left the S10 boy fuming :D

The one I ran was actually an S10 style Blazer. Not too badly done, but I took him out on 10 psi, misfiring the whole way down the strip. hahaha

Holley
01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
I like the 4 headlight nose the least. I actually like the 2 door Horizon/Turismo nose. I almost used one on my Shelby Charger.The one thats like the Shelby nose but with two rows of holes instead of one? Thats whats going on my SC this year :) Should look tres badass with the Shelby airdam :thumb:

GLHS592
01-25-2007, 06:50 PM
The one thats like the Shelby nose but with two rows of holes instead of one?

That would be it. A local guy had one on his Rampage with the Shelby airdam and it looked really cool. I decided I wanted my car to look fairly stock, so I kept the Shelby nose.

rare_ram
01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Scamp with Shelby spoiler.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/732000-732999/732054_55_full.jpg

Holley
01-27-2007, 04:25 PM
That looks well cool :) Since my SC doesn't have the fibreglass light bar the top row will be open, too ...