PDA

View Full Version : Bench race with me here

Dave
01-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Just doing some bench racing here... I'm a little bored and curious to hear other's opinions. My dad has an 89 Caravan ES with a fresh rebuilt 2.5, T2 turbo, T2 I/C, 2.25" pipes, a mildly ported G-head, a stage 3 FWD Performance calibration, +20's, 2.5" open downpipe, and he ran 18psi. He also had a RMVB, 5 clutches, and 5 planetary gears, along with a PG posi.

He went a best of 13.97 at 98mph cuting a 1.92 60' on BFG drag radials.

My van, has a mildly ported 782 head with +1mm valves, a heavily ported exhaust manifold, T3/T04E 50 trim turbo with a S2 wheel, Spearco alky injection, fresh rings, 2.5" SV, 3" DP back to a Dynomax ultraflow to the side. That's all for now and I'm guessing on 14psi I should be deep into the 14's, but I want to get a large 32x20x3 FMIC, 2.5" aluminum pipes, +40's and run somewhere between 24-26psi on 93 with the alky. I'm guessin low, low 13's should be possible. I also am debating between rebuilding the 413 with the similar setup to my dad's or sticking in a 555 with a 4puk clutch and a 2,100 lb pressure plate, I'll also get a Blak Trax posi no matter which direction I go.

I also need to find some good slicks. I wont be doing any weight reductions other than the removal of all back seats.

turbovanmanČ
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Well, running 14 psi with slicks, should get you low to mid 14's as that turbo is just starting to wake up at that boost level.

At mid 20's of boost and slicks, you should crack low 13's or even 12's.

But I will add that you MUST have a good tune/cal. That was my biggest handicap last year otherwise 12's would have been a cakewalk for me. Have you weighed the van yet?

Whats a blak trax posi?

Auto or 5speed, its up to you. Either you like shifting gears or you don't. Thats how you decide. An auto is so much easier to drag race though.

ohiorob
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Bryan, you're going to do this with stock pistons? your luck is going to run out sooner or later.

turbovanmanČ
01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Bryan, you're going to do this with stock pistons? your luck is going to run out sooner or later.

Oh, hahhahahaa. So I really say you better have the tune right, :eyebrows:

Dave
01-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Dad and I are going halves on an AEM wideband from Cindy. I'll keep her fat. Push my luck as hard as I can until I melt it. I suppose then I'll have enough money for forged. I just don't right now with me starting a new job.