PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control

1985ShlbyChrger
01-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Has anyone removed the climate control/heater box from their car and what effects does it have? I know it saves weight and stuff like that, but what are the side effects of it?

The reason I ask is because I just acquired a convertible, and it has no climate control whatsoever. I figure what the hell, might as well leave it out. Then I remember about defogging the windshield and garbage like that. With it being a convertible it won't have AC either way, but should I put the box in so that I at least have heat? It won't be driven in the snow but some nights it does get cold around here in the fall, and what about the windshield fogging up on me? Maybe I'll leave it out for a while, and put it in if I feel the need to. Any input is appreciated.

Nate

stargazer7467
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
you will hate yourself the first day it rains and you breath in the car, leave the heat in. Especially since its a vert, moisture is allways in there.

BadAssPerformance
01-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, unless you plan to race it, I'd have a heater box in it for the above mentioend rainy days, and cooler evenings... If you plan to use it as a driver and take any road trips with it, I would also think about A/C if it ever gets to 100F or rains while it is 90F+ degrees too.

1985ShlbyChrger
01-07-2007, 03:44 PM
You two brought up two very good points. I know I hated when I took the A/C out of my wagon and it rained, it was a real pain in the ---. I'm definitely going to put the heater box in it, but I'll wait til it gets really hot to do the A/C. I can charge the A/C at school so that can wait til I get the car all put together.

Next question, can I put the heater box in with the dash already installed?

BadAssPerformance
01-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Next question, can I put the heater box in with the dash already installed?

Might be able to but you'll want to set the car on fire before you get it in... The dash is only held in by 6 or 7 bolts.

1985ShlbyChrger
01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Yea the dash is out now. I just hate disconnecting those wires again, since I don't have a box to put in it yet. I'll just leave the dash out until I get a box and put it in. I want to put in the digital climate control, so I have to find a car to get the digital box out of.

Would a digital climate control box/control panel from an 89 Lebaron work in an 85 600ES convertible witht an 87 new yorker harness? Does anyone know the answer to this question?